Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to get rid of the dead weight players

Quote:Yes, there's no room for mister arm blister. Who else can we cut? Let's trim this fat and rebuild again!

Cut Myers, send him back to the bush leagues.

Cut Bambi Lewis, unless Gus can use his waffle iron hands to make belgian waffles in the locker room.

Cut aloo aloo. Send him back to Hawaii so he can take up surfing, and be mediocre at it.

Cut Slowby Gerfart. The guy flat out sucks. FBT is probably faster than him when golden corrall opens up.

Cut Grant, cut Beadle, and cut Pierce. Because sucks, sucks, and sucks.

And cut Bortle. Let him play for a real team. Poor kid. There are 31 football teams in the NFL and the bumbling Jags for comedic relief.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol Alualu doesn't start. He's playing so much due to injuries on the line. You said they don't "grow on trees" yet you can't name one in the WHOLE LEAGUE that's smaller In build. [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor logic friend.

That.... And random Joe from the street would put Alualu on his [BAD WORD REMOVED].

Uh...Tyson does start. So I'm not going to discuss with you anymore coz you clearly don't know what you're talking about

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 12:04 AM by MalabarJag.)

Quote:I blame the offensive line more on that play, but I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep either way unless Grant does something big.

I find it hard to blame Grant when a 280 lb. (EDIT: 300+ lb.) defensive end arrived moments after the ball.

Six sacks and a bunch of tackles behind the LOS. What happened to the OL?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Annnnndddddddd I have been saying how Marcedes and Branch suck for as long as I can remember and you guys flamed me like crazy.

While we are at it cut Gerhart, Beadles, and Anger.

Of all the awful players on the team, you include Anger in your 5 guys to cut? What's your issue with Anger?

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:I find it hard to blame Grant when a 280 lb. (EDIT: 300+ lb.) defensive end arrived moments after the ball.

Six sacks and a bunch of tackles behind the LOS. What happened to the OL?

Replacing Linder with a rook hasn't helped matters.

Quote:Of all the awful players on the team, you include Anger in your 5 guys to cut? What's your issue with Anger?

The fact that he consistently outkicking his coverage when he is not kicking the ball out of the back of the endzone. He's not good.

Quote:The fact that he consistently outkicking his coverage when he is not kicking the ball out of the back of the endzone. He's not good.

Ehhh, I put more blame on the guys trying to tackle.  Every time they are getting blocked from the side and running past the RB becoming virtually useless as defenders.  Losing two guys, who are supposed to at least make the returner stop and change direction, gives the returner a straight line shot for easy yards and potential hole to run it back.

Quote:Ehhh, I put more blame on the guys trying to tackle.  Every time they are getting blocked from the side and running past the RB becoming virtually useless as defenders.  Losing two guys, who are supposed to at least make the returner stop and change direction, gives the returner a straight line shot for easy yards and potential hole to run it back.
I agree and disagree at the same time...

It's hard when the punt returner has the ball and is already advancing it with a good amount of speed in the opposite direction. It's hard as a gunner when you run full speed and the returner just side-steps his way and hits the ground running. 

Anger really does out kick the coverage and it makes the gunners look bad. I'm not saying the gunners played well but it certainly didn't help.

Quote:Ehhh, I put more blame on the guys trying to tackle. Every time they are getting blocked from the side and running past the RB becoming virtually useless as defenders. Losing two guys, who are supposed to at least make the returner stop and change direction, gives the returner a straight line shot for easy yards and potential hole to run it back.

Any punt returner in the league that is worth a damn will make a nice return when he catches the ball and there isn't a would-be tackler for 10 yards. Thats just how the world works.

Quote:As hard as it is for some to believe, 6'2 285 lb guys just don't fall from trees.

I don't know about you, but I certainly wouldn't want to be standing underneath that tree.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 12:56 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Lewis is getting worse. Before the season I had given thought of re-signing him to a cheap, more in-line contract when the season ended. Now, he probably should be cut as he has added nothing.

Alualu has been up and down, but very down today. He is still cheap depth. I'd keep him around unless he starts stringing together games like today.

Grant has been a solid return man. Cutting a good rookie kick returner because of one fumble when he was hit instantly in the backfield on a pitch is absurd.

I would lean towards keeping Myers for now. He has to know that he can't continue to hurt the team by missing crucial kicks and kicking the ball out of bounds. Tight leash with Scobee being available.

We don't have the depth to cut Beadles, but we can in the offseason and incur no dead money. The same goes for Toby Gerhart and Chris Clemons.

Bernard Pierce has been ok, but that play today was just a mind bender. We can find free agent running backs that can do what he does. Cutting him doesn't necessarily help us right now.

Armbrister needs to go to the practice squad. Plain and simple.

Branch is expendable at this point. He would have to put up a dozen sacks by the end of the season for us to re-sign him... Not likely.

Quote:Alualu has been up and down, but very down today. He is still cheap depth. I'd keep him around unless he starts stringing together games like today.

"Up and down" hahahaha. You're kidding right? Tyson's high point was tackling tebow on his first snap, it's been downhill from there. He does nothing out there. His entire career has been a string of games like today.

Gus demoted Alualu from second hand scooper to sprinkle duty. 

Gerhorse tried putting frozen yogurt on cones and it kept falling off. This team is at an all time low. Ice cream parties aren't even the same...

Quote:"Up and down" hahahaha. You're kidding right? Tyson's high point was tackling tebow on his first snap, it's been downhill from there. He does nothing out there. His entire career has been a string of games like today.

Ok.  Adequate and down, lol.

And replace with who

For all their issues it's not like young pro bowl players are sitting by the phone

To be fair to alualu he isn't playing his natural position. I think he should just back up odrick. I know he has looked bad but once marks is back hopefully he will slide back to 3T and spell odrick. Miller and Clemmons and branch have no excuse because they did absolutely nothing all game long. Ambrister,I mean we knew that was coming. It was his first start and as an udfa he performed like one. Just should sign/draft a solid back up for Poz. Offensively, well why the F is lewis on the team? I know we are thin on WRs but once greene and lee(maybe) get healthy I would like to see us spread the field. AR 15/Hurns have proven they are reliable WRs and with Thomas working through the middle it will only get better. So, add lee or greene into the slot you have 4 legit threats in the passing game which should help yeldon get more space as well instead of running 2 TEs sets and being super predictable.

Quote:To be fair to alualu he isn't playing his natural position. I think he should just back up odrick. I know he has looked bad but once marks is back hopefully he will slide back to 3T and spell odrick. Miller and Clemmons and branch have no excuse because they did absolutely nothing all game long. Ambrister,I mean we knew that was coming. It was his first start and as an udfa he performed like one. Just should sign/draft a solid back up for Poz. Offensively, well why the F is lewis on the team? I know we are thin on WRs but once greene and lee(maybe) get healthy I would like to see us spread the field. AR 15/Hurns have proven they are reliable WRs and with Thomas working through the middle it will only get better. So, add lee or greene into the slot you have 4 legit threats in the passing game which should help yeldon get more space as well instead of running 2 TEs sets and being super predictable.

Alol has no natural position. Classic tweener. Not strong enough to play inside, not nearly fast enough to be an edge rusher and not skilled enough to fit in a unique scheme like the hybrid front Gus runs. I mean honestly, what does he bring? No pass rush moves, no bull rush, doesn't disrupt plays, is never in the backfield. Only time he is noticeable is when he gets blown up or juked by Famous Jameis.

Not an NFL level starter, below average as a depth piece. Needs to be cut and replaced ASAP.

I agree J he is just a very average player and he should be the back up to odrick.

Any thread that consists of people saying "get rid of <insert player here>" misses the point. You've got to be very clear about who you're bringing in to replace them. And the unfortunate thing is that in most cases you'll be making things worse, especially in the short term as we try to slot in players who have no experience in our system. Cutting players mid season is even worse than changing head coach mid season.

Quote:Any thread that consists of people saying "get rid of <insert player here>" misses the point. You've got to be very clear about who you're bringing in to replace them. And the unfortunate thing is that in most cases you'll be making things worse, especially in the short term as we try to slot in players who have no experience in our system. Cutting players mid season is even worse than changing head coach mid season.

Cut Tyson Sucku Sucku, take a ride to the nearest buffet and pick out the fattest tub of lard in the dining area (it might even be fbt). Sign him to a minimum deal and slap a #93 jersey on him and we wouldn't even know the difference.

The team benefits by saving some money and washing off some of the Jean Smith stink looming over this franchise still.