Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Boselli on 1010xl

Quote:Funny stuff.

The definition of yes men in your world is someone who doesn't have knee jerk reactions demanding heads roll following a loss.
Exactly. My guess is you're debating the Hacker fan club right now. He is whiny and spastic enough to suit their likes.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Exactly. My guess is you're debating the Hacker fan club right now. He is whiny and spastic enough to suit their likes.

Proud to say I don't know because I will not listen to that bozo.

All the people agreeing here were the same people that kept saying give Gene Smith more time. It's okay to be critical of ur team and expect more in year 3 of a rebuild. We are so used to being god awful y'all accept anything. Nevermind the Titans looked better against this Colts team then us and they had Luck for that game. But yea sun is shining Gus is doing fine.

Jaguars Braves Hawks Gators

Quote:Did you read the quote above or just stop at owning the division to suit your agenda? No need to answer. It's obvious.

The only "agenda" I have is wanting to root for a team that's not piling up embarrassing loss after embarrassing loss. Gus knew when he said that that this team has spent the better part of the last six seasons being an NFL doormat. By the way things are looking it's just more of the same crap in a different season. Maybe if he doesn't want the fans to have unrealistic expectations he should just keep his mouth shut and coach this team to some wins for a change.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:Ummm they've been doing the exact opposite in practices. That's something Gus has mentioned multiple times in weekly press conferences.

"The thing Gus talks about all the time is creating stress-free environments," he said. "Pressure is what you put on yourself and things you can't control. I'm going to put a lot of pressure on myself in the categories of things I can control. But as far as anxiety and stress, there's none of that." - Blake Bortles

Since practices are closed to the public we have no real idea what goes on. Bradley also said this team was "built" so excuse me if I take what he has to say with a huge grain of salt.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We are 4 games into the season. Boselli and these guys realize it's a long season. They aren't going to condem the organization because they lost a game that they also expected us to win. There is still plenty of time for Gus and crew to get things turned around.

If we get towards the end of the season and we are still having dissapointing games, I'm sure the perception will change by even guys like Boselli.

I listened to the radio show last night and I didn't see how he was being a homer. I thought he brought up good points about why we shouldn't be firing Gus and how the team is improving from last year. A lot of people on this board are so mad they just hear what they want to hear.

Pujo, don't you know that this is a message board? There is no place for rationality and maturity. :verymad:

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 02:30 PM by Pujo.)

Yeah I don't get it. Like he even mentioned things that were wrong with the team and everything. Went in depth about our bad pass rush ect

I never really listened to him much until recently so I don't know how he was before but recently he has been rather good with talking about the good and bad.

Quote:We are 4 games into the season. Boselli and these guys realize it's a long season. They aren't going to condem the organization because they lost a game that they also expected us to win. There is still plenty of time for Gus and crew to get things turned around.

If we get towards the end of the season and we are still having dissapointing games, I'm sure the perception will change by even guys like Boselli.

Yes, I agree.   This is the season the Jaguars have to make a significant move upward towards respectability, but we're only 4 games into the season!   Let's let the season play out.   If things don't improve, then we will probably make a change, but at least give Dave and Gus to the end of the season.  

Quote:Anyone listening to him right now? I love Tony but you'd think we were 4-0 right now. "Every other game is a coin-flip game"? Come on Tony really, The Atlanta Falcons are a Coin-flip game? If the Jags are better why did we lose to the Clots? Tony "Sunshine Boselli" at it again

OH NO !!

[Image: nickels.jpg]

Quote:I listened to the radio show last night and I didn't see how he was being a homer. I thought he brought up good points about why we shouldn't be firing Gus and how the team is improving from last year. A lot of people on this board are so mad they just hear what they want to hear.
He didn't demand someone be fired.  I guess that makes him a homer and a  yes man. 

I heard the same program, and agree with your take away.  They weren't pumping sunshine. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2015, 02:51 PM by TexasJag956.)

It amazes how the word "agenda" is still getting thrown out there. Yeah, clearly people who see how bad this team is and vent about it have an agenda. This team is getting better? Their horrible second halves of games say otherwise. They have scored one FG (not counting those garbage time TDs) in a second half of their four games and somehow they're improving? Yeah, i get that all these "fire gus" threads are annoying, doesn't change the fact that some of them have a point and that this team lost to a team they signed from a retirement home.

Quote:Anyone listening to him right now? I love Tony but you'd think we were 4-0 right now. "Every other game is a coin-flip game"? Come on Tony really, The Atlanta Falcons are a Coin-flip game? If the Jags are better why did we lose to the Clots? Tony "Sunshine Boselli" at it again

Thinking out of the box, perhaps Atlanta will rest their starters on Dec 20.   If Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and Devonta Freeman don't play, we got ourselves a coin flip !!

Quote:It amazes how the word "agenda" is still getting thrown out there. Yeah, clearly people who see how bad this team is and vent about it have an agenda. This team is getting better? Their horrible second halves of games same otherwise. They have scored one FG (not counting thise garbage time TDs) in a second half of their four games and somehow they're improving? Yeah, i get that all these "fire gus" threads are annoying, doesn't change the fact that some of them have a point and that this team lost to a team they signed from a retirement home.

Once you establish a season prediction, you are not allowed to waver from it no matter what the case may be. That includes playing against a geriatric QB, etc...

Quote:Exactly. My guess is you're debating the Hacker fan club right now. He is whiny and spastic enough to suit their likes.

I've never considered Hacker much of a thinker.  He should stick to his milk challenge and trivia nights.  Other than that, he's horrible.

Quote:The only "agenda" I have is wanting to root for a team that's not piling up embarrassing loss after embarrassing loss. Gus knew when he said that that this team has spent the better part of the last six seasons being an NFL doormat. By the way things are looking it's just more of the same crap in a different season. Maybe if he doesn't want the fans to have unrealistic expectations he should just keep his mouth shut and coach this team to some wins for a change.
When Gus and Dave said the team is built, it's clear you didn't understand their point based on your repeated reference to this as the basis for your angst. 

I'll try to explain this as simply as I can.  When they say the team is built, my interpretation is that they have identified the foundation for this team that will ultimately be the basis for returning the franchise to relevance.  Nowhere in that comment did they say it was going to be an instant conversion from lousy to good.  In the quote you keep referencing, Gus was clear in saying that it's time for the younger guys to start to recognize where the team is at and to start to establish the mindset that they are the key to the future success of the franchise.

From the start, they've targeted year 3 as the season where the team would make the turn, and year 4 where they'd have this group competing for a playoff spot.  For some reason, saying the team is built confuses people like you and others on this board, primarily because you're desperately looking for something you can latch on to to bash the team.  That's fine.  You're more than welcome to read more into a comment than was actually intended if it allows you to complain.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I've never considered Hacker much of a thinker.  He should stick to his milk challenge and trivia nights.  Other than that, he's horrible.

When Gus and Dave said the team is built, it's clear you didn't understand their point based on your repeated reference to this as the basis for your angst. 

I'll try to explain this as simply as I can.  When they say the team is built, my interpretation is that they have identified the foundation for this team that will ultimately be the basis for returning the franchise to relevance.  Nowhere in that comment did they say it was going to be an instant conversion from lousy to good.  In the quote you keep referencing, Gus was clear in saying that it's time for the younger guys to start to recognize where the team is at and to start to establish the mindset that they are the key to the future success of the franchise.

From the start, they've targeted year 3 as the season where the team would make the turn, and year 4 where they'd have this group competing for a playoff spot.  For some reason, saying the team is built confuses people like you and others on this board, primarily because you're desperately looking for something you can latch on to to bash the team.  That's fine.  You're more than welcome to read more into a comment than was actually intended if it allows you to complain.

The million dollar question is, how do you measure "improvement" without looking at W/L?

Quote:The million dollar question is, how do you measure "improvement" without looking at W/L?

As the team continues to improve on the field, the wins and losses will follow.  How do you measure improvement?  I look at the stats compared to the past 2 years.  It's not rocket science.

Quote:As the team continues to improve on the field, the wins and losses will follow. How do you measure improvement? I look at the stats compared to the past 2 years. It's not rocket science.

Individual players are improving, that is noticeable. As far as them improving as a team? IMO they aren't, and it isn't because of the lack of talent. I don't think even a JDR and Gene Smith led team would've lost to that pathetic clots team this past Sunday.

Quote:Individual players are improving, that is noticeable. As far as them improving as a team? IMO they aren't, and it isn't because of the lack of talent. I don't think even a JDR and Gene Smith led team would've lost to that pathetic clots team this past Sunday.
Where do you think improvement starts?  And what do you think the end result will be as the team continues to gel?  We're 4 games into the season.  FOUR games into a new offensive system.  Things take time to develop.  There's a heck of a lot of football left in the season for the team to show improvements that start to result in more wins.  They're already well ahead of the last 2 seasons.

Saying this team wouldn't have lost on Sunday if JDR and Gene Smith were still in charge is laughable.  Del Rio lost PLENTY of games with a much more experienced group that the team should have won during his tenure in Jax.  Let's not rewrite history here.