Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The big complain about the kicker thread.

Quote:Bring me Scobee.  As bad as he has been lately, getting released by the Steelers, he is more accurate than Myers.

Scobee missed five kicks. Myers missed three. So how is Scobee more accurate than Myers?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Scobee would've gotten it. I don't care if he struggled with the Steelers. The guy doesn't miss 2 game winners with 3 tries.

Scobee missed two game-winners against the Ravens. That was why he got cut.

Draft Aguayo in the 3rd round and we won't have to worry about missed kicks for 15 years #myersstinks #byebyeloser
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I don't care if you're a rookie or a 15 year vet. If you miss THREE game winners in one game you shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Myers needs to go. Kickers don't get the type of leash that quarterbacks do. He shouldn't get one more game.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I don't care if you're a rookie or a 15 year vet. If you miss THREE game winners in one game you shouldn't be on an NFL roster.

Myers needs to go. Kickers don't get the type of leash that quarterbacks do. He shouldn't get one more game.
I agree. How many chances do you need? Teams rely on their kickers all the time to close out games. Ours failed us, once again.

Robert Aguayo in the third round

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Robert Aguayo in the third round

Yes.

Meyers is a rookie keep in mind. You will make rookie mistakes.

Quote:This game should never have been put into the hands of the kicker.  13 pts in today's NFL against a porous defense is inexcusable.  We should have been ahead by two scores at least. 

In the first half, the defense would have been OK if they did not commit a bunch of penalties. Indy's touchdown was made possible by yellow flags.

Quote:In the first half, the defense would have been OK if they did not commit a bunch of penalties. Indy's touchdown was made possible by yellow flags.

Jdub would you like to coach the jags?

Quote:Meyers is a rookie keep in mind. You will make rookie mistakes.
Being a kicker isn't some sort of science that changes significantly from the collegiate level to the pros like being a quarterback or any other position.

Being a rookie is not an excuse for a kicker.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Can we re-sign Scobee for cheap?

No pain, no gain.

Quote:This game should never have been put into the hands of the kicker.  13 pts in today's NFL against a porous defense is inexcusable.  We should have been ahead by two scores at least. 

Exactly.

'02

Quote:That last kick was crazy. It was going straight and then all of a sudden it hooks left. Almost like it caught a gust of wind. But its in a dome...

I noticed this on the last one. It looked like he had it nailed, then it was like there was some english on it toward the end. Was it wind?

Myers admitted the first kick he virtually shanked it, but said on the last two he thought they were going to be good but they curved out in opposite directions. I think he's still just young and learning. The kid's certainly got the leg. As I watched them the second kick was very close. I felt like maybe he overcompensated on the final kick given the resuts of the first two, but then again that last kick was headed right toward splitting the uprights until the very end.

The Jaguars might have to move on if this keeps happening, but I trust he'll get it together quickly. I do think in time he's going to be one of the league's better Kickers.

Scobee appears to be in a major funk and may simply be past his prime. I feel like it would be a mistake to take him back now while parting with Myers. The only consolation I can give Scobee is that most of his misses have come at Heinz Field which is a notoriously difficult place to kick at.

'02

Anybody got the number for Al Del Greco?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:That last kick was crazy. It was going straight and then all of a sudden it hooks left. Almost like it caught a gust of wind. But its in a dome...

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.......the ball was heading straight down the middle, then, about halfway it took a big turn.....like in that beer commercial! Did somebody open a door in the stadium at just the right moment?

He's terrible. He reminds me of a Gene pick. Sick

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I would have imagined that Caldwell's pitch to Khan about trading Scobee was met with some trepidation on Khans side. That move does not look good at this point. Combine that with some other miscues that Dave has admitted to and his seat may be getting warm. I don't think Khan will or should make any moves yet but I'm sure his patience is wearing thin as is the fan base's. I believe Dave sold a four year plan and that is what Khan bought into and will give them.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Bring in scobee. It really wouldn't hurt.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 10:39 AM by jagfanthrutherottenyears.)

Quote:I would have imagined that Caldwell's pitch to Khan about trading Scobee was met with some trepidation on Khans side. That move does not look good at this point. Combine that with some other miscues that Dave has admitted to and his seat may be getting warm. I don't think Khan will or should make any moves yet but I'm sure his patience is wearing thin as is the fan base's. I believe Dave sold a four year plan and that is what Khan bought into and will give them.

I am utterly baffled by the people who keep talking about this being a bad decision. Have any of you watched Scobee kick this year? He's probably the only kicker in the league that's been worse than Meyers so why would it have been a good idea to keep him?

Just because Meyer sucks does not mean that Scobee is better. I was one of Scobee's biggest fans while he was here (who's a fan of a kicker anyway), but let's be real; he was atrocious in Pitt.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson