Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee out again

Quote:Good lord. The kid played in 13 games last year and has missed 1.5, going on 2.5 games this year and we're talking about shipping him off for a 6th or cutting him... I'm glad a lot of you aren't GMs
I don't want to cut or trade him, but it still seems crazy how last year he had trouble with his hamstring and its still holding him out now. It isn't looking good for Lee so far and you can't keep someone injury prone on the roster.

I feel bad for the kid and he can't help it. He has a serious problem with his hamstring...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:i mean he really hasnt been much of a contributor when he has played. Most overrated player on the team IMO. They talked him up like he'd instantly make our offense better when he finally plays. Just dont see it.
He only got us a few of our only first downs last week. He is a speed-burner and defenses have to respect him at all times. There's a reason why he was selected in the 2nd round and he definitely would make this offense way better.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 03:39 PM by Jags32250.)

Quote:Didn't Lee have a pretty bad injury in college? Do people think they will magically heal? That is a GM problem, not player problem.
Yup, stupid GM.  Doesn't everyone know that if you hurt your knee, then next up is a hammy 3 years later.  How could he have not known!  FIRE  CALDWELL.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 03:47 PM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:I don't want to cut or trade him, but it still seems crazy how last year he had trouble with his hamstring and its still holding him out now. It isn't looking good for Lee so far and you can't keep someone injury prone on the roster.

I feel bad for the kid and he can't help it. He has a serious problem with his hamstring...
I want to say last year it was his other leg. These things happen. You're right that we can't keep an injury prone player but Lee's talent is there. I see no reason to do anything before his rookie deal is up. If he can't stay healthy by then you can cut ties. I just think at this point there's still a very good possibility he puts these injuries behind him once he gets fully healthy.

Or he could be Derrick Rose lol
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I get it, but man is it frustrating. I know Lee is more frustrated then any of us.

I'm confused. He could have gone back in last week, but cant even play this week? Makes perfect sense!

So obviously his statement that he could have gone back into the last game was bull.  The team may as well pretend Lee doesn't exist; the albino tiger indeed.

I think he's more the groundhog, he sees his shadow once a year and goes back to his hole.

Quote:So obviously his statement that he could have gone back into the last game was bull. The team may as well pretend Lee doesn't exist; the albino tiger indeed.

I think he felt he could have and he probably feels he can play this week. It's the training staff most likely holding him out
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Cooper would look really great for us now, he was in play for our pick but we needed defense at that time. Because of the injury to Fowler I would really like to see Cooper. too bad.
It's really a shame GMs can't draft in hindsight.

Hamstring injuries are one of the most frustrating for any player because they don't heal quickly, and unless they're allowed adequate time to fully heal, they keep getting aggravated.  For a guy like Lee who relies on speed, that can be a real issue.  He may have felt he was good to go back in, but it's rare that you hear a player say otherwise. 

It sucks that he can't seem to stay on the field.  Hopefully he gets to a point in his career where he can get beyond the injury bug and become a productive player in this offense.  This team needs play makers, and he's got the skills to fill that role. It also needs guys who can get on the field.  So far he's proven to be pretty unreliable in that department.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 04:38 PM by Solid Snake.)

Hamstrings take time to heal and if he keeps playing it will never heal properly. Trust me, I've torn mine running track.

Quote:Hamstrings take time to heal and if he keeps playing it will never heal properly. Trust me, I've torn mine running track.

Ok, so should we just ir him and hope he's 100 percent in 2016?

Quote:Ok, so should we just ir him and hope he's 100 percent in 2016?
This

I guess if they want to be super safe but I think if you let him sit out until after the bye he should be good. That's a few weeks. If he comes out and has another problem then then I guess you just IR him.

Quote:LoL they sat him out the entire camp and he got hurt the first day back. They sat him out the entire preseason and he got hurt his first game back. We might as well put him on IR and use the roster spot on someone who can actually suit up and contribute to this team
that is very near what a Jags spokesman said on 1010xl recently

To the original post who is this Lee guy? Never plays if he is even on the team

The best ability is availability.

So far he has been a big let down.  Last year he played hurt in many games and it did effect his game.  Guy has 0 durability.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:It's really a shame GMs can't draft in hindsight.

Hamstring injuries are one of the most frustrating for any player because they don't heal quickly, and unless they're allowed adequate time to fully heal, they keep getting aggravated. For a guy like Lee who relies on speed, that can be a real issue. He may have felt he was good to go back in, but it's rare that you hear a player say otherwise.

It sucks that he can't seem to stay on the field. Hopefully he gets to a point in his career where he can get beyond the injury bug and become a productive player in this offense. This team needs play makers, and he's got the skills to fill that role. It also needs guys who can get on the field. So far he's proven to be pretty unreliable in that department.

At the same time, it's now fair to look at his fall in the draft and wonder why he lasted as long as he did. Did other teams have an inkling about something that we didnt?

Quote:At the same time, it's now fair to look at his fall in the draft and wonder why he lasted as long as he did. Did other teams have an inkling about something that we didnt?
Honestly his injuries since coming to the NFL have been primarily hamstring problems which isnt going to make you not draft a guy. It would make sense if he had a bad knee or foot issue or something. That draft just had a bunch of good WRs so thats why he fell and partially due to injuries in his senior year, but nothing that makes him fall past the second round.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 07:11 PM by Sosa.)

Nah, hold him out til around week 9 or 10 and see how it goes. We should still be in the race for the division by then if JT, Marks, and Bortles are playing well. 

It'd be amazing for this team to win the title this year and get to the play-offs. We'd more than likely get our butts kicked once we get there, but it's a great step for this group next year. Team has to play well and win these division games. We'll see how it goes Sunday...

Maybe it's still early, but so far... His draft drop had reasons.

Albino Tiger? More like the Missing Lynx ( hey..at least it's a cat, and very reclusive)
Blakes Life Matters