Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
3-2 after Tampa?

Quote:My guess is that we'll be 2-3 and on our way to a final record of 6-10 which is a respectable finish after last year.  

My prediction is slowly evolving. I was at 7-9 with a 2-3 start. Now I'm leaning toward starting 3-2 which in turn would mean 8-8, and the way some of these teams are playing so far I can almost see one more win. That said 9-7 most likely is still not enough to secure a Wildcard so I'm not ready to mention the P word just yet.

...then again, 9-7 might actually win this division. But I'm still not going there just yet.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:[Image: mora_playoffs.jpg?w=550]

Let's actually beat the Colts first. ...and the Bucs so I don't have to eat tomatoes. Yuck!

'02

Quote:Went last time we played the bucs in Tampa and will be going again as my brother is a bucs fan. Quinn Gray was the man that day.

That would be awesome if the Bucs statium is half teal. The Jaguars should start setting up some bus packages.

'02

Quote:Yes. It's very possible, as long as, Luck continues to suck. I don't want to get too excited because I believe we've seen this many times, then reality sets in. If we get to 3-2, I'll go out on a limb and say we win the division and make the playoffs.

It too early... it's just far too early. Ninja 

'02

Quote:Not impossible but very unlikely. Don't expect the colts' struggles to continue.

I think starting 3-2 with 2 wins in the division is the fast track to controlling our destiny.

Quote:Sure....

last week could have been a fluke.

But can the same be said about a clots team that looked the same in week 1 and 2?

Last season they still won the division because of how awful the rest of the division was.

tacks have a upcoming star QB

Jags are better..

I'm not saying after 2 weeks we are going to steal the division away... I'm just saying after 2 weeks it isn't a clear slam dunk (that they win it) many thought it would be.
granted... but they still win the division until we see more proof of a better Jags or tacks team. We only squeaked out a win against the 'phins and that only with some help from the 'refs. Marriotta looked awesome his first game... but then got shut down hard the second. It's just too early to say at this point how things will go. 

Quote:That would be awesome if the Bucs statium is half teal. The Jaguars should start setting up some bus packages.

BCB's got that covered:  http://www.boldcitybrigade.com/away-trip/

Quote:1-4 after 5 games... Jags relied on a plethora of penalties to squeak out a win at home against the Dolphins.

1-4,, you could be right, hopefully not though.

Yeah, Really I think the biggest difference between the games against Panthers and Dolphins is that BB didn't throw a pick 6.

Quote:I think starting 3-2 with 2 wins in the division is the fast track to controlling our destiny.

Wait a sec... Panthers, Dolphins, Patriots, Colts, Bucs.  ...There's only one division team in this mix.

'02

Quote:1-4,, you could be right, hopefully not though.

Yeah, Really I think the biggest difference between the games against Panthers and Dolphins is that BB didn't throw a pick 6.

That, and the Dolphins never mounted an insanely long drive to wear out the defense.

'02

Quote:I think starting 3-2 with 2 wins in the conference is the fast track to controlling our destiny.
fixed

Quote:I know some people don't want to hear this but Sergio has been great. Ranked positively pretty much every week on PFF (take it for whatever it's worth). But he's been more than capable of holding down the spot.

Agreed. It's been a big and noticeable upgrade for us this year.

Quote:People forget that the Colts have gone up against Buffalo and Jets defense.....

They'll get tacks this weekend, and I expect Luck to blow up and we'll be talking Monday again of how we're going to stop Luck after we got gashed by Brady and the Pats

Buffalo's defense is so good. Just look how much they stopped Brady and the Pats... oh wait...

3-2 is very possible. Heck so is 4-1 though it's extremely unlikely.

Last year when the Colts started 0-2 they scored 51 points, Luck threw 5 tds to 3 ints, losing to two playoff teams.

This year they've scored a total of 21 points. Luck has thrown 3 tds to 5 ints. Losing to the teams that picked or would have picked 6th and 19th in this past draft.

Let's not pretend they're the same caliber team that started 0-2 last year. They can't rely on Luck to carry that team now that the rest of the division is getting stronger.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Not to mention we are actually 9th in pass defense to NYJs 10th and Buffalo's 28th.

But that's none of my business.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Wait a sec... Panthers, Dolphins, Patriots, Colts, Bucs. ...There's only one division team in this mix.

Thanks for the fix and pointing this out. I am a little loopy atm. I thought the Texans were our week 5 matchup.

Quote:Not to mention we are actually 9th in pass defense to NYJs 10th and Buffalo's 28th.

But that's none of my business.

We have a better chance than some are willing to give us is NE. If our offense shows up i could easily see a 24-27 style game going either way.

I'd really like to see the Colts beat the Titans. We don't want to play them at 0-3, trust me. The desperate team is the dangerous team.
Shock the world

Quote:I'd really like to see the Colts beat the Titans. We don't want to play them at 0-3, trust me. The desperate team is the dangerous team.

Meh. I'd rather the Titans win. It's easier to overtake that team then it is to keep down Indy. Put them in as big a hole as possible
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I'd really like to see the Colts beat the Titans. We don't want to play them at 0-3, trust me. The desperate team is the dangerous team.

I was thinking the same thing.

'02

Quote:I was thinking the same thing.

I've watched and played sports for too long to not believe that is a true statement.

Example? The Giants on Thursday night.
Shock the world