Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
James Sample may start at SS this Sunday

[Image: 2IxBrwt.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Curry was considered a "safest pick in the draft". Just like Danny Watkins and Jonathan Cooper. None of whom panned out. I don't remember hearing anything close to that about Cyprien. 

First, he was being touted as the top safety in the draft.

Second, of the available players left when we pick, he was as "safe" as you could get, with the biggest weakness being where he played football and who he played against.

It is a loose comparison, not a Cyprien = Curry one.  At least, not from my perspective.

IMO, he was "safest" guy available, and not "safest" guy in the entire draft.  There is similarity there.  Not equality.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Touchdowns

Absolutely!

And as much as people want to equate it, at the time the Jags weren't in the place to swing for the fences with luxury picks or sexy picks. They HAVE to pick safe picks to build the roster back up.

Quote:First, he was being touted as the top safety in the draft.

Second, of the available players left when we pick, he was as "safe" as you could get, with the biggest weakness being where he played football and who he played against.

It is a loose comparison, not a Cyprien = Curry one. At least, not from my perspective.

IMO, he was "safest" guy available, and not "safest" guy in the entire draft. There is similarity there. Not equality.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:It was'nt said by anyone making the draft picks, thats for sure. Otherwise he would have never fallen into the 2nd round.

Yeah I definitely don't remember any talk of Cyp being a "safe" pick. Curry, yes. Fitzgerald? yes. Those were the poster childs of what I remember as draft "safe picks"

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2015, 04:23 PM by Kotite.)

Sample is a very physical. But you have to know Tannehill has been in the league long enough to test any rookie DB early. Hoping his whole game can carry over to this level.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:First, he was being touted as the top safety in the draft.

It is a loose comparison, not a Cyprien = Curry one.  At least, not from my perspective.

IMO, he was "safest" guy available, and not "safest" guy in the entire draft.  There is similarity there.  Not equality.

I think most outlets had Kenny Vaccarro as the top safety from what I remember.

;

;

Quote:I think most outlets had Kenny Vaccarro as the top safety from what I remember.

Maybe so.  Cyp was in the conversation.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-04...-nfl-draft

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Very possible that no 2013 draft pick starts on Sunday

And that's not good at all.

Quote:A little but not that scary. It was his rookie year basically and he improved quite a bit with the next two drafts. 2013 draft was really lacking talent compared to the past 2 drafts also. There's a good amount of teams that are probably in a similar boat.

And also a good point.

Quote:He has not drafted any GAME CHANGERS in three drafts

And this might be Caldwell's biggest indictment as GM.

Nice, he was rated the beast coverage safety in college last year. He should be a nice upgrade over Cyp and i doubt he will lose the starting SS spot aftr Sun. Wont be hard to outplay Cyp

Quote:Nice, he was rated the beast coverage safety in college last year. He should be a nice upgrade over Cyp and i doubt he will lose the starting SS spot aftr Sun. Wont be hard to outplay Cyp

Put him on Clay and Colvin/House can handle Landry/Jennings
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: 

<div style="background-color:rgb(252,252,252);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">
<div>@ryanohalloran
</div>
<p style="background-color:rgb(252,252,252);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">#Jaguars FS James Sample said coaches told him Tuesday to start learning SS. Expects to play a regular role Sunday.

<div>@ryanohalloran
</div>
<p style="background-color:rgb(252,252,252);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Joeckel questionable Cyprien doubtful

</div>

"A regular role" doesn't mean starting. Gus said that Josh Evans is starting.

'02

Quote:Put him on Clay and Colvin/House can handle Landry/Jennings

Clay is on Buffalo, Miami has Jordan Cameron at TE.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Clay is on Buffalo, Miami has Jordan Cameron at TE.

That's right. Was thinking of him last season
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Cyprien will not be starting on this team again barring injury.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Cyprien will not be starting on this team again barring injury.

I'm fairly certain you're wrong about this. Evans is certainly not starting over a healthy Cyp, and Sample isn't even ready to beat out Evans for the start.

'02

Quote:Yeah I definitely don't remember any talk of Cyp being a "safe" pick. Curry, yes. Fitzgerald? yes. Those were the poster childs of what I remember as draft "safe picks"

Robert Gallery was the 'safest' pick in 2004, not Fitzgerald.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:I'm fairly certain you're wrong about this. Evans is certainly not starting over a healthy Cyp, and Sample isn't even ready to beat out Evans for the start.
Um.

Except Sample is starting Sunday? :/

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."