Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are kindergartners

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 09:30 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:he explainned it better as he continued to talk.  However He's right most fans dont have a clue and act like they do from their couch.

I never "listened" to what he said and even said it probably sounded way worse on paper than it actually was, but he should understand everything he said can be twisted by the media and turned into something worse, like it was.

Fans might not have a clue, but they do help pay his salary. I don't think that fans pretend to know everything that goes on, but with their record, performance, and having only played 13 or so games in the NFL so far, it was a curious comment. 

Aaron Rodgers is in a much more stable position to say things like RELAX.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I never "listened" to what he said and even said it probably sounded way worse on paper than it actually was, but he should understand everything he said can be twisted by the media and turned into something worse, like it was.

Fans might not have a clue, but they do help pay his salary. I don't think that fans pretend to know everything that goes on, but with their record, performance, and having only played 13 or so games in the NFL so far, it was a curious comment. 

The comment was 100% fine. Do you want athletes to just say nothing in interviews because the media will twist it? That worked out well for Marshawn.

Quote:The comment was 100% fine. Do you want athletes to just say nothing in interviews because the media will twist it? That worked out well for Marshawn.

Actually, you may be on to something...

Quote:Actually, you may be on to something...
I feel like everyone would prefer a thoughtful interview to see how their favorite athletes are but all you get is stupid PR crap nowadays because of how our society gets offended by everything. Its so lame.

He took all the blame for the bad play. He was defending his OC about people questioning the play calling. He said it's incredibly hard calling plays and entire game and even admitted he couldn't do it. When it was further pressed about fans being down on the play calling, that's when he said the kindergarteners/college thing. What's the issue?

Quote:I never "listened" to what he said and even said it probably sounded way worse on paper than it actually was, but he should understand everything he said can be twisted by the media and turned into something worse, like it was.

I agree his wording could have been better but I hate the whole I buy the ticket so I help pay is salary stand.  That just always rubbed me the wrong way

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

He could have used a more respectful analogy. No need to compare our intellect to that of a 5 year old. We do pay to go the the games after all...

Quote:So how long are we supposed to pretend to be mad about this?

Its sooo cute aint it?

Some fans on here are soft as cotton.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:I agree his wording could have been better but I hate the whole I buy the ticket so I help pay is salary stand.  That just always rubbed me the wrong way

It is kind of true though.

But honestly, it will be the decade of horrifying Sunday's and ruining in an entire day of potential fun that drives me away from this team before being compared to a 5 year old.

Quote:Its sooo cute aint it?

Some fans on here are soft as cotton.

You know there is nothing wrong with any venting, heated ticked off at ness demonstrated by any fan.  Don't act like we are all spoiled children without a backbone.  I'm not talking to you directly but I'm addressing the whole "those" people comments.

If this was 1999 and we were still thinking we would always win and were truly spoiled fans that would be one thing.  This team has been historically bad and the forums are a place to have a fan voice.  Better conversations are always welcome over flat out spleen venting of course but can't you understand where other people are coming from in their discussions?

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:It is kind of true though.

But honestly, it will be the decade of horrifying Sunday's and ruining in an entire day of potential fun that drives me away from this team before being compared to a 5 year old.
When will you understand that he didnt call you a 5 year old. Its like you arent listening to what people are saying. I guess its pointless to try to make you understand if you are going to just disregard the comments.

It's simple, if Bortles wants praise instead of criticism, he needs to perform. We're not asking for playoffs, some not even wins, just look competitive and look like you belong at the professional level. As far as the offense is concerned, 9 pts while handing them a pick six is about noncompetitive as it gets. The vast majority of us would be ecstatic if we had a 7-9 record, but the first game is indicative of a 0-5 start and heaps of criticism on the way

Over 70 posts in this thread, the far majority supporting Bortles. Occasionally someone who refuses to read the whole article or ANY posts in this thread posts a comment about how upset they are and 5 people respond expecting that person to read what they are saying ? heh internet.

Quote:You know there is nothing wrong with any venting, heated ticked off at ness demonstrated by any fan.  Don't act like we are all spoiled children without a backbone.  I'm not talking to you directly but I'm addressing the whole "those" people comments.

If this was 1999 and we were still thinking we would always win and were truly spoiled fans that would be one thing.  This team has been historically bad and the forums are a place to have a fan voice.  Better conversations are always welcome over flat out spleen venting of course but can't you understand where other people are coming from in their discussions?

I feel you. I really do. But what I and other posters are saying is that its only 1  game. All of a sudden we're 0-16 after 1 game. Thats no where near fact until it actually happens. So some people need to cool their jets. I want a win just as bad as the next fan but whining in this MB aint gon change the minds of the people making the decisions that arent on this MB.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:Supposed? Can't you at least give everyone who shows up here to talk about their team a little credit and at least call them dedicated fans?
Most folks?..yes. Everyone?..not a chance. I am convinced that some of the folks that post here are indeed the opposite of dedicated. they are Jags bashers, plain and simple. This city is full of them.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

That's funny considering he threw the ball like a kindergartener

Quote:That's funny considering he threw the ball like a kindergartener
you can do better? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:That's funny considering he threw the ball like a kindergartener
When he reverts to his old mechanics, kinda like a kindergartener girl. 

Quote:When he reverts to his old mechanics, kinda like a kindergartener girl. 

I see that Bortles was right in his comment

Quote:I see that Bortles was right in his comment
Keeps getting proved over and over. As I said earlier. Comical.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.