Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Norman admits to eye gouging Hurns

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...g-in-pile/

Apologies if this has already been posted, I didn't see it anywhere.

I still think Allen Hurns is the team's best WR, and I wasnt furious that he fumbled because I think it is his first one in his career.  I mean things happen, but if it was a reoccuring theme then I would be concerned.

Weird that Josh Norman admitted to eye gouging...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I still think Allen Hurns is the team's best WR, and I wasnt furious that he fumbled because I think it is his first one in his career. I mean things happen, but if it was a reoccuring theme then I would be concerned.

Weird that Josh Norman admitted to eye gouging...
More like stupid. He's opened himself up for fines and possible suspension.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote: As much as I'm sick of the Patriots cheating, the closest thing Josh Norman reminds me of regarding the Patriots is a former TE. The TE who is spending practically the rest of his life in a prison not far from Gillette Stadium.
Gouging an eye = first degree murder

Oooooh-kay then. Been breathing some of those Motor City fumes again?

Would love to have a guy like Norman on our team. THAT is what a young stud corner looks like. Colvin, McCray etc are just guys. Norman was the best player on the field and basically won the game for Carolina. I am not a huge fan of the taunting, but we have nobody on our team with any attitude or passion that can spark our team and fans. Instead we have a bunch of mediocre players with good manners who are just happy to be out there having fun and getting better everyday.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Gouging an eye = first degree murder

Oooooh-kay then. Been breathing some of those Motor City fumes again?

You are twisting what I expressed.

Equals =  the same.  Where in my post did I say that Gouging an eye equals first degree murder?

Name even one Patriots scandal that involves injuring players from other teams?  

What Josh Norman did was a criminal act that goes well beyond the game of football from a competitive standpoint.   Allen Hurns is fortunate not to have lost an eye.   Norman could have easily cost Norman his eye and as a result the likelihood of his NFL career.  

Josh Norman's actions aren't remotely close to the level of what Aaron Hernandez did.  But like Hernandez,  it was criminal behavior.  Regardless of how frequent it happens in the NFL,  it doesn't lessen the severity of the action.

Quote:You are twisting what I expressed.

Equals =  the same.  Where in my post did I say that Gouging an eye equals first degree murder?

Name even one Patriots scandal that involves injuring players from other teams?  

What Josh Norman did was a criminal act that goes well beyond the game of football from a competitive standpoint.   Allen Hurns is fortunate not to have lost an eye.   Norman could have easily cost Norman his eye and as a result the likelihood of his NFL career.  

Josh Norman's actions aren't remotely close to the level of what Aaron Hernandez did.  But like Hernandez,  it was criminal behavior.  Regardless of how frequent it happens in the NFL,  it doesn't lessen the severity of the action.
I love the faux outrage from a guy whose team, up until March of this year, employed a player consistently named the dirtiest in the NFL, who had a history of stomping and kicking players on the ground.

I am tired had to clean that up.

Quote:More like stupid. He's opened himself up for fines and possible suspension.

When I first read what he said I thought to myself, was his bragging seemed like an apology to the reporter or was it spin?

Quote:I love the faux outrage from a guy whose team, up until March of this year, employed a player consistently named the dirtiest in the NFL, who had a history of stomping and kicking players on the ground.

You recently called me and FBT disgusting in separate threads.  You have some nerve.  Look at yourself in the mirror. 

My outrage about what Josh Norman did is legit in every respect.  If I thought Ndamukong Suh, who is no longer on my team,   was trying to alter someone's career,   I would say so.   Suh's actions at times are highly questionable but not criminal.  

Quote: My outrage about what Josh Norman did is legit in every respect.  If I thought Ndamukong Suh, who is no longer on my team,   was trying to alter someone's career,   I would say so.   Suh's actions at times are highly questionable but not criminal.  
You're throwing a fit like he's the first player in the history of the NFL to go for one body part or another while at the bottom of a pile. He probably wasn't even the first player to do it this season, he was just the first dumb enough to open his mouth about it, and he'll probably get a note from Uncle Rog in the near future informing him that he's been a very naughty boy, and he's going to have to make a hefty contribution to the NFL's charity fund.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of criminal charges against Norman if that's the route Hurns wants to go, and the post-fumble dogpile needs to be cleared out more quickly to minimize the opportunity for stuff like that to happen, but you're just going over the top here in comparing an idiot corner to a convicted murderer.

Side note: I don't know how stomping on a quarterback's ankle could be anything other than intent to "alter someone's career".

Quote:You're throwing a fit like he's the first player in the history of the NFL to go for one body part or another while at the bottom of a pile. He probably wasn't even the first player to do it this season, he was just the first dumb enough to open his mouth about it, and he'll probably get a note from Uncle Rog in the near future informing him that he's been a very naughty boy, and he's going to have to make a hefty contribution to the NFL's charity fund.

I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of criminal charges against Norman if that's the route Hurns wants to go, and the post-fumble dogpile needs to be cleared out more quickly to minimize the opportunity for stuff like that to happen, but you're just going over the top here in comparing an idiot corner to a convicted murderer.

Side note: I don't know how stomping on a quarterback's ankle could be anything other than intent to "alter someone's career".

I mentioned in an earlier reply in this thread that regardless of the frequency of the actions of targeting one's eye in an NFL game,  it doesn't diminish the severity of the actions.

Again,   I believe that Josh Norman's actions aren't remotely close to Aaron Hernandez's actions.   However,  Norman's actions are in reality much more serious than the cheating that the Patriots repeatedly do.   By no means am I condoning the Patriots cheating. 

I hope the NFL comes down hard on Josh Norman.   I haven't read what Ron Rivera had to say regarding Norman's comments/ actions.   But Rivera is one of my favorite people in the NFL.   I'm certainly interested to see what he has to say.   I'm not sure when the Norman comments story broke.   It's very possible that Rivera hasn't spoken publicly since then,  being that Tuesday is typically the day coaches prepare for the upcoming opponent,  while players are off.

Based on the play ( s ) in question with Ndakumong Suh,  I don't believe he was trying to alter another player's career.  You have every right to disagree with me.  But that's not going to change how I feel unless you or anyone else can provide evidence that's convincing.   

Suh certainly has gone over the limit in terms of what's allowed in games and deserved to be suspended for his actions against Evan D. Smith,  formerly of the Packers,  now with the Bucs.    Never though did I feel that Suh was a criminal during a game.    Off the field,  Suh has had issues with driving but overall he's been very charitable.    He's made a difference for many people in need.   There's a side of Suh that's largely ignored.   While I don't like how he handled his departure with the Lions and he needs to stay under control better in games,  I respect the positives he has brought to the Lions,  the NFL,  and society.  

D6, you set the standard for calm, class, and substance. My regard for you is second to none...well second to Skeeter, who's no longer in this forum. I hope that dude is alright. Can someone pass on my greetings?

But this went way over my head.

Football is NOT a gentleman's game

Never has been

Most of the takes here are what I view your nation to be; one of double standards

What does the head coach's rhetoric have to do with the situation as it played out?

Nothing, but to appease to the crispy who want to pretend it's a sun and roses league

It's not, never will be

They are bred men

You simply will never ever be able to relay to their mindset

The 1% that you hear on TV as analyst, or even your model HOFers DO NOT REPRESENT the true league masses

Bad boys will be bad boys

Declasse will always be declasse

Surely, you have your small % on the other end of the spectrum who happen to be gifted, and therefore choose to pursue pros

But the vast majority are physical specimens from less desirable socioeconomic backgrounds (by design), bred to entertain, with hefty financial ties

Josh Norman should not be flogged, or sentenced, or maimed, or even fined

He merely leaked an unspoken code

Fine the ref who missed Norman's illegal action during the field of play

That's the real issue at hand, is it not?

Or are we more concerned with what goes on in the mind of some baby who plays ball?

Kindly explain to me what I am so blatantly missing.

I don't get it.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

He's trying to rub salt in the wound by openly discussing how much stuff he believes he got away with.

Pay it no mind. Josh Norman is a future journeyman

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I kinda wish people would look at the NFL 75th anniversary video.

Some of the things people here are moralizing over have long been part of the game we all love.

Were the NFL some sort of cotillion, traditional notions of gentlemanly etiquette would have been trampled afoot by the things that go on during a football game and in a pile for a fumbled football.  Observers would be rightfully appalled.

But pro football is NOT a cotillion.

It's pro freaking football.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:He's trying to rub salt in the wound by openly discussing how much stuff he believes he got away with.

Pay it no mind. Josh Norman is a future journeyman

Norman is a stud and will be paid handsomely by the Panthers.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 09:00 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Most of the takes here are what I view your nation to be; one of double standards.

You're just mad because we took yall tea-drinking crumpet eaters to the cleaners in 1812 Tongue

Fwiw Panther's cornerback Bene Benewikere was also in that pile and said that his fingers were being bent backwards by a Jaguar player as he was going for the ball.

Quote:D6, you set the standard for calm, class, and substance. My regard for you is second to none...well second to Skeeter, who's no longer in this forum. I hope that dude is alright. Can someone pass on my greetings?

But this went way over my head.

Football is NOT a gentleman's game

Never has been

Most of the takes here are what I view your nation to be; one of double standards

What does the head coach's rhetoric have to do with the situation as it played out?

Nothing, but to appease to the crispy who want to pretend it's a sun and roses league

It's not, never will be

They are bred men

You simply will never ever be able to relay to their mindset

The 1% that you hear on TV as analyst, or even your model HOFers DO NOT REPRESENT the true league masses

Bad boys will be bad boys

Declasse will always be declasse

Surely, you have your small % on the other end of the spectrum who happen to be gifted, and therefore choose to pursue pros

But the vast majority are physical specimens from less desirable socioeconomic backgrounds (by design), bred to entertain, with hefty financial ties

Josh Norman should not be flogged, or sentenced, or maimed, or even fined

He merely leaked an unspoken code

Fine the ref who missed Norman's illegal action during the field of play

That's the real issue at hand, is it not?

Or are we more concerned with what goes on in the mind of some baby who plays ball?

Kindly explain to me what I am so blatantly missing.

I don't get it.

BritJag,  thanks for your thoughts and how you responded to what I expressed.  Both mean a great deal to me.  Skeeter did indeed set a high standard,  both on an off the Forum.  Hopefully, he's doing real well.  Also,  I appreciate how Bullseye in particular responded in this message that came after our messages,  as it related to what we mentioned.    

I'm glad in particular that you responded to what I said because of your medical background.  You know better than me that eyesight is something that no one should take for granted.  While I understand that certain aspects of the game are part of the game,  when it comes to eyes,  it sure seems like that's when the game of football has to take a backseat to the long term well being of the player.  Even if the majority of players would have done what Josh Norman did,  which I don't believe is the case,  it shouldn't make it acceptable.   This is where the NFL needs to step in,  much like they have with concussion protocol.

As for being interested in what Ron Rivera has to say,  I agree with that coach speak likely would be at least part of the answer.  At the same time,  I would be uncomfortable if any Head Coach or Assistant Coach gives players the green light to what Josh Norman did.        

Quote:Fwiw Panther's cornerback Bene Benewikere was also in that pile and said that his fingers were being bent backwards by a Jaguar player as he was going for the ball.

This is a great example of something that's a natural part of the game vs.  the realistic possibility that some can lose an eye and be adversely impacted the rest of his life as a result. 

Eyes are off limits for the players with integrity. For those without it there are no rules they will not bend if given the chance. It's obvious this cat has zero integrity, and is pretty [BLEEP] stupid on top of it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.