Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
RELAX, Don't do it! (tantrum)

Quote:Yeah I thought we would see a jumbo type of package with tons of runs, but the Offense didn't really go south until the 2nd half.

The Jaguars have the 5th best defense after one week, but the Offense is ranked 25th (Carolina's Offense is ranked 26th).

As I had mentioned in a different thread the two teams were a lot alike, and the stats reflected that.  The key difference was the turnovers...You cant have 3 or more turnovers in a game and expect to win.
That is true as well. The turnover killed us but the issue I'm seeing is that's team is lacking a philosophy right now. Defensively we have one, offensively we don't and I can write off this first game because of that (not saying they didn't play poorly). Maybe this was a feeler game to see where everyone was at. It is clear Blake has improved tremendously but we need to place an emphasis on the run and let the passing game compliment it. Blake is not developed enough and the weapons just aren't there to drop back and have 40 pass attempts a game. That number needs to get back to 20-28. The run attempts need to be around 30-35 a game.

I feel like the league has turned into manufacturing stars instead of winning games. As much as I like Blake he is still a developing qb in year two with his two most dynamic offensive weapons out (Lee and Thomas). To me, the coaching staff should have leaned on the running game, just like the panthers did without one of their top receiving options. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No HC in the history of the NFL has started as bad as Bradley (7-26) at the beginning of his HC career and won a Super Bowl. I just don't see how people believe in him so much that you are confident he will rewrite the history books and bring a Lombardi trophy to Jax. There is nothing special about him as a coach.

Chuck Noll was 6-22 in his first two seasons. Jimmy Johnson was 8-24 in his. I'm not saying that I think Bradley will win a Super Bowl, but he wouldn't be the first Head Coach is history to do so after starting poorly, just the third in like 50 years.

The 2nd half was hard to watch.  It seemed nobody made a play on offense or defense in the last 24 minutes.  It was frustrating and boring. 

The fans deserve better.  They need something to cheer about.  But what they get is a wide open WR dropping an easy pass.  Another WR fumbles in scoring range trying to fight for another half yard.  They pick off Cam, can't move the ball, then miss a FG.  They put together a great 2-minute drive, then miss the extra point.  With the game still in reach, suddenly they can't tackle. 

The NFL should measure crowd deflation during the games.  The Jags would top the league. 

Quote:The NFL should measure crowd deflation during the games.  The Jags would top the league. 

On TV it looked like all the air funneled up and out of the stadium and left behind ecstatic panther's fans everywhere.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:That is true as well. The turnover killed us but the issue I'm seeing is that's team is lacking a philosophy right now. Defensively we have one, offensively we don't and I can write off this first game because of that (not saying they didn't play poorly). Maybe this was a feeler game to see where everyone was at. It is clear Blake has improved tremendously but we need to place an emphasis on the run and let the passing game compliment it. Blake is not developed enough and the weapons just aren't there to drop back and have 40 pass attempts a game. That number needs to get back to 20-28. The run attempts need to be around 30-35 a game.

I feel like the league has turned into manufacturing stars instead of winning games. As much as I like Blake he is still a developing qb in year two with his two most dynamic offensive weapons out (Lee and Thomas). To me, the coaching staff should have leaned on the running game, just like the panthers did without one of their top receiving options. 

One thing I dont understand is J.D.R. traded a WR for a Safety to Dallas, why didnt Gus try to make that trade as this team desperately needs a healthy good WR and has a coulpe of safetys that JDR might want? 

I guess our safeties werent as good maybe?

Quote:Chuck Noll was 6-22 in his first two seasons. Jimmy Johnson was 8-24 in his. I'm not saying that I think Bradley will win a Super Bowl, but he wouldn't be the first Head Coach is history to do so after starting poorly, just the third in like 50 years.
He didnt build the Seattle Defense in one year either it took until the third season to get it going, but Gus said the team he wanted is now built that will win the AFC South (so he himself put it out there what we should expect this year)!

Quote:On TV it looked like all the air funneled up and out of the stadium and left behind ecstatic panther's fans everywhere.
Not for nothing but I do think the 12th man does contribute (even if in the slightest ammount) not always with simple stadium noise but in the spirts that lift the home team players up and encourage them to try harder.

Quote:Stop saying this [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Yes, he's 7-26, but the first season we blew up the entire tram and started fresh. Idk [BAD WORD REMOVED] some of you expect his record to be. This season is where we should expect a decent season, stop talking about 2013 and 2014, we knew those years were going to be like that.

The team didn't have to be blown up. There was no federal or state law or NFL rule requiring it. Caldwell, Bradley, and Khan chose that path. If the best we can expect in year 3 is 6-10 then they chose the wrong path. Win or lose, these three are responsible. At least one will have to be the scapegoat, and I'm betting it isn't Khan.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

QB

(after one week the stats)

Colts - Andrew Luck - 63.6 Qb Rating -  2 INTs -

Texans - Brian Hoyer -  72.7 Qb Rating  - 1 INT -

Titans - Marcus Mariota - 158.3 Qb Rating - 0 INT -

Jaguars - Blake Bortles - 54.5 Qb Rating - 2 INTs -

Okay so with the exception of the Rookie's All Star performance this week all the QBs in our division played a very similar game.  Everyone is flipping out about the Jaguars performance verus Carolina but look at INdy's vs the Bills!  Their offense wasnt expected to be great with a qb that most people have never heard of yet they crushed the Colts with Luck getting stats in garbage time.

Quote:QB

(after one week the stats)

Colts - Andrew Luck - 63.6 Qb Rating -  2 INTs -

Texans - Brian Hoyer -  72.7 Qb Rating  - 1 INT -

Titans - Marcus Mariota - 158.3 Qb Rating - 0 INT -

Jaguars - Blake Bortles - 54.5 Qb Rating - 2 INTs -

Okay so with the exception of the Rookie's All Star performance this week all the QBs in our division played a very similar game.  Everyone is flipping out about the Jaguars performance verus Carolina but look at INdy's vs the Bills!  Their offense wasnt expected to be great with a qb that most people have never heard of yet they crushed the Colts with Luck getting stats in garbage time.
The Bills defense is much better than the Panthers, so not a fair comparison.  

You can try and make the stats say that Bortles played as well as Luck, but the eye test says differently.  Luck is one of the top QB's in the NFL, Bortles has yet to prove he is deserving of his draft status.  

To be fair Luck hasn't tried to be a QB on this team, especially last season (and one could spectualte that if he had he probably wouldn't be playing right now, but would in fact be in the hospital).

The OLine has improved from last year, but its not fixed.  The injury to LT Luke Joeckel didn't help matters either.