Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of the job Gus Bradley is doing as head coach?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

The Official Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell Approval Poll

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2015, 02:51 PM by Sosa.)

You guys wanting a new coach after Week 1 are ridiculous. I understand our past records, but its way too soon for that. Talk about this after the London game and we'll see where we are. Getting rid of Bradley at this very moment would cause more problems. He needs to get it together and actually get this team to play with some fire, and I'm interested to see how the team reacts as the season progresses.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

C'mon son. Give the man a break. Let him continue to work, then evaluate him at least after a quarter. Be realistic, be reasonable, be human Wink
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

I've said it since the offseason, the only way he keeps his job is 6-10 or better. I like Gus a lot. I like Dave a lot too. I know 'Rome wasn't built in a day', but it didn't take this long for building and progression to show, ya know metaphorically speaking and all. 

• Ravens @ Steelers 2002 (PIT 34-31)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2009 (TEN 30-13)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2012 (TEN 38- 20)
  • Colts @ Jaguars 2013 (IND 37-3)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2014 (TEN 16-14)
  • Panthers @ Jaguars 2015 (CAR 20-9)
  • Jaguars @ Titans 2015 (TEN 42-39)

Quote:I said in the off season they needed to sign Tebow.  Bortles sucks.  Strange how one QB wins games and everyones like he can't throw and another QB can't win and their liike he needs time to develope.  Into what a QB that doesn't suck as hard?  I think maybe Huston could use him.
[Image: resized_diagnostic-house-meme-generator-...a87f02.jpg]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

I just think it's hilarious that people still think it takes 4 years to field a competitive roster. I mean, really?

These guys went out of their way to lower expectations, to cover their own [BLEEP]. No wonder the players don't have a winning mentality.

I'd enjoy a hurry up offense. Bortles has always played well in those situations and gets us points all the time.

Quote:Bradley gives us the best chance of getting the franchise QB next draft. I say keep him.

I don't think there's one in this upcoming draft.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Let me get this straight..... Gus hires Fisch. Gus fires Fisch over disagreements in offensive approach. Gus hires Greg Olson, says they share the same vision. Gus then comes out of week 1 saying the offensive approach was too conservative.

WHO THE [BAD WORD REMOVED] IS THIS GUY AND DOES HE HAVE ANY CLUE WHAT HE EVEN WANTS TO DO? HOW CAN ANYONE TRUST HIM?

He wants to have Seattle's offense ,and it isn't going to happen, ever. Bortles isn't the athlete Wilson is, and he isn't the passer Wilson is either. Wilson's just a much better thrower, more accurate, and a better arm. Seattle also has an awesome offensive line, and one of the best HB in the game. Gus always talks about doing more of what we do well. WE HAVE A QB WHO IS FAR MORE COMFORTABLE IN THE HURRY UP, SO WHY DO WE USE IT SO SPARINGLY?

Dude Seattle has one of the worst o lines in football, there's nothing "awesome" about their line. It's masked by Wilson's athleticism, Lynch's quickness and power, and that stingy defense.

We're 0-1. Think about that for a second. Zero wins, one loss. Do you know how many new head coaches we'd have right now if every 0-1 team fired theirs? 16 (for the smart guys out there).

If we're an ugly 2-5 or worse at the bye week, then maybe we talk about cutting bait on Bradley. Thing is, the only good reason to ever switch to an interim head coach is if you think that interim HC will take over full-time next year. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want the keys of the franchise handed to a guy who took his former employer on a $4M ride to quit. I do not believe that anyone on the current payroll is the next head coach of the Jaguars, and since interim head coaches rarely do much other than lose out (maybe tossing in a win or two if they're around long enough), there's no point replacing Bradley before the end of the year.

If we're being honest, Marrone would be the logical pick for Caldwell next year anyway, since he probably wants the offensive staff to remain in place for Bortles. So why not get the Marrone audition out of the way now and maybe start fresh next year? We should all want this team to get better sooner than later, and prolonging this process would be counterproductive.

Quote:We're 0-1. Think about that for a second. Zero wins, one loss. Do you know how many new head coaches we'd have right now if every 0-1 team fired theirs? 16 (for the smart guys out there).

If we're an ugly 2-5 or worse at the bye week, then maybe we talk about cutting bait on Bradley. Thing is, the only good reason to ever switch to an interim head coach is if you think that interim HC will take over full-time next year. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want the keys of the franchise handed to a guy who took his former employer on a $4M ride to quit. I do not believe that anyone on the current payroll is the next head coach of the Jaguars, and since interim head coaches rarely do much other than lose out (maybe tossing in a win or two if they're around long enough), there's no point replacing Bradley before the end of the year.
I can assure you, this team WILL start 0-4

Quote:Dude Seattle has one of the worst o lines in football, there's nothing "awesome" about their line. It's masked by Wilson's athleticism, Lynch's quickness and power, and that stingy defense.
You aren't giving their interior enough credit dude. That's why they run so well. Wilson runs because he likes to, not because he has to.

Quote:You aren't giving their interior enough credit dude. That's why they run so well. Wilson runs because he likes to, not because he has to.

The interior is probably the worst part of their line, Justin Britt is a converted defensive linemen and Drew Nowak is a journeyman, the only stud on that line is the LT Okoung

Quote:You aren't giving their interior enough credit dude. That's why they run so well. Wilson runs because he likes to, not because he has to.

Interior? Their starting center is Jags cast off Drew Nowak.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:You guys wanting a new coach after Week 1 are ridiculous. I understand our past records, but its way too soon for that. Talk about this after the London game and we'll see where we are. Getting rid of Bradley at this very moment would cause more problems. He needs to get it together and actually get this team to play with some fire, and I'm interested to see how the team reacts as the season progresses.

Here's the time I get to say, I agree with you.

Quote:If we're being honest, Marrone would be the logical pick for Caldwell next year anyway, since he probably wants the offensive staff to remain in place for Bortles. So why not get the Marrone audition out of the way now and maybe start fresh next year? We should all want this team to get better sooner than later, and prolonging this process would be counterproductive.
Doug Marrone is your answer? Really? The guy who took his former employer to the cleaners for $4 million...by quitting?! Doug Marrone is Mike Mularkey v2.0. If Bradley fails this year, no one on this coaching staff is a suitable replacement. That's why, short of constant blowouts or an outright mutiny (neither one is likely, imo), firing Bradley during the season will accomplish nothing.

Week 1? Fire coach. Ezzzzzzy now.

Think that'll get us to the playoffs?
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:I've said it since the offseason, the only way he keeps his job is 6-10 or better. I like Gus a lot. I like Dave a lot too. I know 'Rome wasn't built in a day', but it didn't take this long for building and progression to show, ya know metaphorically speaking and all. 

Tebow sucks.  Deal with it.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Tebow sucks.  Deal with it.
The one thing that should be universally agreed upon at this point.... sigh

Quote:We're 0-1. Think about that for a second. Zero wins, one loss. Do you know how many new head coaches we'd have right now if every 0-1 team fired theirs? 16 (for the smart guys out there).

Technically speaking there are only 14 teams that are 0-1 right now.   :thumbsup:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.