Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Groundhog Day

Quote:I usually listen to Jaguars Today. When I hear the old Sexton calls, they sound halfway decent. When they play Frangie calls, you can barely even understand what he is saying. It is beyond putrid.
His faux excitement on scoring plays or other plays where announcers can be homers is painful to listen to.  It sounds forced and fake.  I fully expected him to sound most genuine when the steelers were here, but he managed to sound strained regardless of which team was making plays.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why did they replace Sexton?  Dumb move.
1010XL won the broadcast rights.  7 Bridges, the company that owns 1010XL pretty much put Frangie in that job when Sexton was offered a job with the team heading up their digital media on the website and coordinating with the NFL.  Brian jumped at the opportunity to take the job so he could work for the team again, but as a result, he lost his broadcast seat. 

The good news is that the contract for that particular job is year to year.  The bad news is that I fully expected Frangie to be gone after last season.  He's still here.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:1010XL won the broadcast rights.  7 Bridges, the company that owns 1010XL pretty much put Frangie in that job when Sexton was offered a job with the team heading up their digital media on the website and coordinating with the NFL.  Brian jumped at the opportunity to take the job so he could work for the team again, but as a result, he lost his broadcast seat. 

The good news is that the contract for that particular job is year to year.  The bad news is that I fully expected Frangie to be gone after last season.  He's still here.

The Jags love Frank Frangie for whatever reason. Why is that? I mean, I could see him being a "good" guy, but come on. This is pure nepotism. There are certainly better play-by-play out there than ol' marble mouth.

Quote:Going to be honest with you, you're not a real fan if you want/expect this team to win.

Lol. This is funny.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:The Jags love Frank Frangie for whatever reason. Why is that? I mean, I could see him being a "good" guy, but come on. This is pure nepotism. There are certainly better play-by-play out there than ol' marble mouth.

Sounds like the fat guy on south park that was trying to fight the tobacco companies.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The Jags love Frank Frangie for whatever reason. Why is that? I mean, I could see him being a "good" guy, but come on. This is pure nepotism. There are certainly better play-by-play out there than ol' marble mouth.

I don't think the Jags love Frangie.  They just understand that since he owns a piece of 7 Bridges, he's part of the package. 

Quote:Bill Murray day in the stadium. Repeats every year.

Who is to blame for this? Gus? Dave? Shad?

I blame John Oesher. Nothing but bad things have happened since this dunce had taken over.

This team no longer brings joy to my life. Seeing old buddies is the best part of the day. It feels like we are drafting from a different draft pool than other teams.

I watch fat running backs I didn't even know still played run all over us, missed extra points, $8 beers, drumlines that belong in high school, horrible replacement mascot. The guy is awful.

What other teams have drum lines? If the answer isn't zero, how many winning teams have drum lines?

This franchise has likely seen the end of my loyalty. I've about had it.

Carry on.....
I don't know about the drum line causing the issues... yeah, oesher is... well, a company man. I think it's our departure from the teal uniforms.

Quote:[Image: 091315-fsf-nfl-jacksonville-jaguars-gall...ium.36.jpg]

A lot of people want to hate on Poz too but he had a great game!
I've been a poz doubter but I'll give him 'kudos' for this. He did have a great game.