Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1010xl is saying Julius Thomas could miss time

Quote:Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. If Lewis continues to play with a little fire under him, we may be just fine in the red zone.

Lewis doesn't want to be cut next season. I think he'll keep that attitude, especially if we win a decent number of games
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Maybe it will. Maybe it won't. If Lewis continues to play with a little fire under him, we may be just fine in the red zone.

I didn't want to mention it because of the flames that would be directed my way from the Lewis critics, but he looked really good on Friday night...

He needs to step his game up, along with harbour...

Quote:Exactly.

If Blake Bortles is going to be as good as people expect him to be, who is catching passes will quickly become irrelevant.  The great ones elevate the play of those around them.

Yea because he has always been awesome in the red zone. Hey injuries happen Harbor can get open downfield as long as he can catch the ball.

So what he misses 4 games. This team isn't quite there in terms of playoff ready yet. Next year is the year we need to be worried about injuries heading into the season as it could be the X-factor that propels or stalls us. 

We know what Julius is capable of, I want to see what our new rookie TE can do actually.

Can't wait to see whats next. 

4 weeks. Get surgery soon and come back week 3 against Pats.

No more FA acquisitions on Offense from now on

Quote:I didn't want to mention it because of the flames that would be directed my way from the Lewis critics, but he looked really good on Friday night...

We are lucky we have one of the deepest TE positions in the league.

Both Lewis and Harbor can get open. If they are able to overcome their chronic battle with the dropsies for a few weeks, we should still be solid at the position.

If his hand has been swollen since it happened, it can affect actually seeing if the ligament is damaged. The doctor told me the same thing when I broke my left wrist and my ankle. Once the swelling goes down, they can see if there is any damage that might require surgery.
You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.

Quote:So what he misses 4 games. This team isn't quite there in terms of playoff ready yet. Next year is the year we need to be worried about injuries heading into the season as it could be the X-factor that propels or stalls us.

Gotta love the ardent next years. This rationale is always a whoosh for me.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:4 weeks. Get surgery soon and come back week 3 against Pats.

My thoughts exactly. Gronk vs Teal Julius
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I respectfully disagree with FBT's assertion that if Bortles is the QB we think he can be, it won't matter who is catching his passes.

History has repeatedly demonstrated that when teams draft a franchise QB, the overwhelming tendency is to invest heavily in skill positions to give him the weapons with which to succeed.

Dallas followed Aikman's selection in 1989 with RB Emmitt Smith and WR Alexander Wright in 1990, WR Alvin Harper in 1991, WR Jimmy Smith in 1992, and WR Kevin Williams in 1993.

Indy followed Manning's selection in 1998 with RB Edgerrin James in 1989, WR Reggie Wayne in 2001, and TE Dallas Clark in 2003.  Marvin Harrison was already on the roster.  Indy supplied Andrew Luck with TEs Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen and WR T.Y. Hilton in 2012, traded for RB Trent Richardson in 2013, and added FA WR Andre Johnson, RB Frank Gore, and drafted WR Phillip Dorsett this year.

The Steelers drafted Ben Roethlisberger in 2004.  To maximize his chances of success, they added TE Heath Miller in 2005, WR Santonio Holmes in 2006, and Rashard Mendenhall in 2008.

When the Saints acquired Drew Brees in 2006, they also added Reggie Bush the same year, WR Robert Meachem the next. 

There are numerous other examples, successful or otherwise, that illustrate the common mindset among NFL teams.

Undoubtedly, a great QB can make his receivers better and more productive.  But great QBs still need talented receivers with which to work.  They still need guys who can get off the jam, gain separation, and catch the ball.  Without guys with these abilities, a great QB can be hamstrung.

While we have depth at the TE position, Thomas' and Lee's absences have the potential to limit Bortles' and the offense's productivity.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I don't see this as being a huge deal.  Clay Harbor and Marcedes Lewis have both been looking good.  Get him healthy for when it really matters.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I respectfully disagree with FBT's assertion that if Bortles is the QB we think he can be, it won't matter who is catching his passes.

History has repeatedly demonstrated that when teams draft a franchise QB, the overwhelming tendency is to invest heavily in skill positions to give him the weapons with which to succeed.

Dallas followed Aikman's selection in 1989 with RB Emmitt Smith and WR Alexander Wright in 1990, WR Alvin Harper in 1991, WR Jimmy Smith in 1992, and WR Kevin Williams in 1993.

Indy followed Manning's selection in 1998 with RB Edgerrin James in 1989, WR Reggie Wayne in 2001, and TE Dallas Clark in 2003.  Marvin Harrison was already on the roster.  Indy supplied Andrew Luck with TEs Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen and WR T.Y. Hilton in 2012, traded for RB Trent Richardson in 2013, and added FA WR Andre Johnson, RB Frank Gore, and drafted WR Phillip Dorsett this year.

The Steelers drafted Ben Roethlisberger in 2004.  To maximize his chances of success, they added TE Heath Miller in 2005, WR Santonio Holmes in 2006, and Rashard Mendenhall in 2008.

When the Saints acquired Drew Brees in 2006, they also added Reggie Bush the same year, WR Robert Meachem the next. 

There are numerous other examples, successful or otherwise, that illustrate the common mindset among NFL teams.

Undoubtedly, a great QB can make his receivers better and more productive.  But great QBs still need talented receivers with which to work.  They still need guys who can get off the jam, gain separation, and catch the ball.  Without guys with these abilities, a great QB can be hamstrung.

While we have depth at the TE position, Thomas' and Lee's absences have the potential to limit Bortles' and the offense's productivity.

You are assuming that Lee is something special or destined to be great.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 06:12 PM by Bullseye.)

JagIbelieve...

I make no such assertion about Lee.

Trent Richardson wasn't great for Indy and Luck.  Alexander Wright wasn't great for Dallas.

While it is certainly questionable that Lee will ever be great, when healthy, Lee has the speed the rest of the offense lacks.  He should have the ability to stretch the field when healthy.  Undoubtedly that was part of the rationale behind selecting Lee in the first place.

Without him, it will be harder for a developing Bortles to exploit opposing secondaries.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm skeptical of Lewis.  He has played well, but he has sucked me in before and than drops the easiest catches.  I'm going to have to see more before I start feeling good about Lewis again.

The Jaguars are very lucky to have so many fans qualified to be both a GM and a doctor.

One [BLEEP] play!!! Just one damned play!   SMDH

Quote:I didn't want to mention it because of the flames that would be directed my way from the Lewis critics, but he looked really good on Friday night...

That's the thing with ML, some games he looks pretty good out there, above average like Friday night, but there are also games where he is pretty much invisible.

The Jags just haven't been able to get any consistency out of him, for whatever reason.

As a veteran TE he really should be able to help his young Qb out a lot more then he has, hopefully this season will be the one where he really steps up since he should be getting much better QB play then the last too many seasons.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

This team I swear.  The Jags have to be cursed.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:This team I swear. The Jags have to be cursed.

Yes. A football player getting injured and missing three games is clearly part of a curse.