Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler Hurt at Rookie Camp - Torn ACL

Quote:You strive and work real hard to be a forum security guard and do it yourself chump. Begging someone else to do it makes you look like what you're already are.
I love my job as a security guard because i could get rid of clowns like you. lol. In all seriousness, why do you always come on here when you don't like us or the team itself? Just do us a favor and disappear like a ghost because no one on here would miss you and the shame of it all is that your lame act makes someone like TMD more tolerable than you. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maybe i'll just pretend he's already a bust. That way I don't think the team is missing anything. 

No pain, no gain.

On a positive note. Im excited to see more Andre Branch and Ryan Davis

When is he having surgery? Was it a total tear? Where are the Dr's here?

Just be happy Dante is a football player and not a race horse. That's my medical opinion, and I'm stickin to it.

Its hard being a Jags fan this week, but watching Dante in his press conference makes it slightly easier today!

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:Just be happy Dante is a football player and not a race horse. That's my medical opinion, and I'm stickin to it.

Fowler Bites.. The treat dogs love.. Just add water to make gravy..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Just watched his press conference. What a great young man. Seriously. I'm still buying a Fowler jersey this year!

The kids attitude and motor are second to no one. He'll be back stronger
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:The kids attitude and motor are second to no one. He'll be back stronger

Dante Fowler's intangibles are indeed excellent.    If anyone can get back to their pre-injury form and build on it,   Fowler would be at or near the top of any list.  

While combining intangibles with natural ability,  it's easy to see why the Jaguars kept pick # 3 and drafted Fowler.   The injury is a very unfortunate aspect of football.   I don't know what the Jaguars could have done differently that was realistic in terms of getting players prepared for the weeks and months ahead,  

Quote:I'm working on it... I think every poster is going through the five stages of grief...

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

I read this entire thread before I made my first post. And I've seen all five stages from different posters. I'm not sure where I'm at right now. I'm trying to get to acceptance...

Here's my conflict... I think I'm bouncing from bargaining and acceptance. You tell me...

This is Gus Bradley's time to truly show us his "juice". It's a common critique that Gus is a motivator, but not a technician. This blow so early in the season is make or break in terms of how the preseason will shake out.

Dante, I don't even know the guy, is obviously a Gus type player. High motor, high enthusiasm, high positivity.

Can Gus use this set back as a stepping stone to motivate the team? To me, this is why Gus has the helm of our team. Gus can bring this team to great things. I have faith that this can be sticking point for Gus. This can be the moment that solidifies him as the coach.

Injuries happen. But could I be bargaining, wishing for Gus to be the head coach we all expect, am I in denial of what the cynics already think, or am I in acceptance that this one player isn't the main point of what will make or break this team.

If Gus really has juice with our squad, this will be a moment that seals it.

Whatever people think of his game day decisions, and I'm one of those cynics, I think this type of disaster is what can make Gus the head coach that turns this malaise around.

Mon frere Anchor.  Good stuff; introspective.  I can respond via a thesis but won't bore our posters.  I'd say this, stages of grieving is a theory, as you purported.  Hence it's a challenge to pinpoint its individual phases.  As long as one acknowledges an issue and find ways of channeling the emotional toll it yields, all good.

I have spoken about Gus Bradley.  I am not a believer thus far, in spite of the talent level he had to work with.  Del Rio would have won more with the same level of talent, in my view.  He proved that with comparably thin rosters.  I agree mate, let's see how Coach Bradley utilize this early setback.  I wrote in another thread that he has to absolutely, personally, focus on getting a W on opening day, at your house.  That's a luxury, to host the first 2.  Anything less than 1-1, then it'll be disaster looming.  No matter how much you develop over time.  A young group needs to start expecting Ws for Ws to become part of the culture.  All this 'we just want to compete and get better' jargon, to me, is an inherent excuse for losing, and yields a cop out/loser mentality.  We have moved from that phase now.

Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Dante Fowler's intangibles are indeed excellent.    If anyone can get back to their pre-injury form and build on it,   Fowler would be at or near the top of any list.  

While combining intangibles with natural ability,  it's easy to see why the Jaguars kept pick # 3 and drafted Fowler.   The injury is a very unfortunate aspect of football.   I don't know what the Jaguars could have done differently that was realistic in terms of getting players prepared for the weeks and months ahead,  

What sucks about the situation is Dante Folwer is essentially not worth the #3 pick we gave him now. With a torn ACL, DFJ could have easily fallen out of the top 15, maybe even into the second round. We used our #3 pick on what is basically a second-round risk. It is what it is, but I cant possibly expect the same results from DFJ pre-torn ACL.

Hurts even more when this guy has such a good attitude. I like Fowler a lot more.

All that Dante and the team can do is roll with it.

What are the odds of a player that never had an injury, try so hard on the first day of practice he hurts himself.

It's not like it's first time on a football field running drills.

if anything ....he maybe tried too hard to impress coaches and other team mates?

we can only hope he shows the same desire and tenacity in his recovery.

Get well Dante.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Losing one guy for the season ultimately will not determine our fate in 2015...

Look guys,

I know that the loss of Fowler is a tough blow to the team- and it's a shame that he got hurt on the very 1st day of minicamp (which is slightly hilarious), but one guy does not determine the success of the whole team. What will determine our success in 2015 however, is seeing the rest of our draft class step up and contribute, and having our 2nd and 3rd year guys showing lots of improvement. Along with our FA's being able to contribute as well.

There's no question that this is a do or die year for Bradley and Co. We will know by the end of this season whether or not Bradley is leading this team in the right direction. If we end up with a 5-11, or 4-12 record, then that will let us know that Bradley has failed as a coach. At that point, all of the "apologists" for Bradley can shut the [BAD WORD REMOVED] up. Sorry that's just the way it would have to be. If we end up with another 10+ loss season it's because of bad coaching and Bradley not being able to motivate this team to succeed, and not because of the loss of a few playmakers to injury. Great teams are still able to overcome things like this...

At least one Fowler had a great weekend in North Florida.

RIP in peace Jaguars.

Quote:When is he having surgery? Was it a total tear? Where are the Dr's here?

Generally they wait until the swelling goes down to have the surgery done. I'm guessing within a couple weeks he'll go under the knife.

Quote:What sucks about the situation is Dante Folwer is essentially not worth the #3 pick we gave him now. With a torn ACL, DFJ could have easily fallen out of the top 15, maybe even into the second round. We used our #3 pick on what is basically a second-round risk. It is what it is, but I cant possibly expect the same results from DFJ pre-torn ACL.

It's a very unfortunate situation for the DFJ and the Jaguars.

While it's easy for me to say from a distance,  I think some other posters are right on target when focusing on the long run.  While DFJ would have made the Jags a noticeably better team this season,   even just by his presence in the lineup,   realistically the Jags are at least a season away from being a serious contender.    The main thing for the team and player is for Fowler to make a complete recovery w/o a setback.   If Fowler can get his career back on track in the manner that Vikings OLB Chad Greenway did after tearing his ACL as a rookie,   the Jags should have a very good player off the edge for many years to come.    If the QB and LT hold up their end of the bargain,   the Jags should be positioned to compete for a playoff spot in 2016.  Maybe even more. 

Quote:At least one Fowler had a great weekend in North Florida.

RIP in peace Jaguars.

I take that as positive foreshadowing..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:This team's luck....  Sad
at least well get the 1st overall pick in this upcoming draft for the new head coach... not feeling optomistic at this point..