Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone new HC

Quote:I just think the bad coaching on this team will far outweigh the talent that we have. One change(Marrone) will not overcome that.
I think u finally said something that is respectable imho.

It's your opinion.

And I respect that.

I would love to see you be a bit more optimistic though.

There are reasons for optimism.

And it's much more fun to allow yourself to be excited about next year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think u finally said something that is respectable imho.

It's your opinion.

And I respect that.

I would love to see you be a bit more optimistic though.

There are reasons for optimism.

And it's much more fun to allow yourself to be excited about next year
Optimism? how can you have optimism when nothing has changed. Same staff that was under Gus is still there.

Quote:Optimism? how can you have optimism when nothing has changed. Same staff that was under Gus is still there.

?? He fired 8 assistants yesterday and they're changing the defensive scheme...
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:?? He fired 8 assistants yesterday and they're changing the defensive scheme...
Not to mention there is a report that McCoy could join the staff.....

I thinks this teams mentality needs a facelift. And I think its gonna happen under marrone

Quote:I thinks this teams mentality needs a facelift. And I think its gonna happen under marrone
Marrone and Coughlin.

Things will be totally different and a lot of people aren't grasping that. Marrone/Coughlin are the complete opposite of Gus.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2017, 01:30 PM by diehardjagsfaninsocal.)

Quote:Optimism? how can you have optimism when nothing has changed. Same staff that was under Gus is still there.
Well...

My answer is complicated.

But I'll give you the short version.

1. We have several top players who I believe will perform really well next year. Regardless of who coaches.

2. Marone appeared to have a much higher football IQ than Gus.

Marone gets it, isn't afraid to instill discipline ( locked a guy out of a meeting, no ear phones in meetings, no food) and this should make everyone who under performed step up.

3. It appears we have kept both coordinators and it remains to be seen what the defense will look like scheme wise, But we were top 10 last year.

So even if the defense looks apples to apples. We're good there.

Offense looked light years better in two games under marone next year should be more Improvement as he and Hackett will have an entire offseason to work on it.

We're drafting what 4th every round?

Caldwell will get at least one starter who will come tribute next year.

Another toy for Marone.

I get it that this is all in proven.

But it's solid rational stuff.

Imho there's no way we're not substantially better next year.

Add to that we have TC holding basically a big hammer over Marone and DC's heads if they get stupid.

If we aren't better next year, substantially better...

I'm sure I'll hear it from 80,000 people just like I did this year.

Gus apparently was a problem.

Marone was definitely a part of that team and contributed to our failures to some degree.

The thing is...

Noone knows what next year will bring.

My opinion is that we SHOULD see a substantial marked improvement on offense and about the same performance on Defense with quite possibly more take aways.

That being said...

All of us jaguars fans hopes hinge on basically one man's success.

Blake Bortles.

He lays an egg first few games next year?

I believe Doug will pull him.

He did it in Buffalo and still won I believe more games in that year than Gus Bradley won as our coach in 4 years.

There's your reason for hope.

Quote:?? He fired 8 assistants yesterday and they're changing the defensive scheme...
Absolutely he did.

Let's get excited yeah?

I would love to have my hope and optimism rewarded with wins.

And I believe it will!

Quote:I thinks this teams mentality needs a facelift. And I think its gonna happen under marrone
Very possible that's all that's needed.

But there are more changes coming.

Free angecy will improve us.

The draft ? Yeah man...We're drafting at least one impact player....

There is a much better chance were smashing AFC South this year than last

Quote:Not to mention there is a report that McCoy could join the staff.....

They fired a bunch of lower level guys that half the board didn't even know. If you want to kill the snake, you have to cut off the head.

McCoy might join the staff? Yeah, and pigs might fly outta my butt.

Quote:They fired a bunch of lower level guys that half the board didn't even know. If you want to kill the snake, you have to cut off the head.

I guess,  Get to flying than.  You must not know Tom then. Yougins. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I guess,  Get to flying than.  You must not know Tom then. Yougins. 

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I have no faith that this team will make any positive moves.

Quote:They fired a bunch of lower level guys that half the board didn't even know. If you want to kill the snake, you have to cut off the head.

I'm not sure what you are talking about because Gus was the head that already got axed.

Quote:I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I have no faith that this team will make any positive moves.

So none of the moves thus far are deemed 'positive'? Wow.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

So they didn't fire Gus?

i'm confused. Who was the head of the snake?

Quote:So they didn't fire Gus?

i'm confused. Who was the head of the snake?
Maybe Wash? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

If by some chance they do hire him, I'm going to have a terrible image in my head.

Quote:Maybe Wash? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe it's the state of Florida?!

Quote:I'm not sure what you are talking about because Gus was the head that already got axed.

Once Gus was gone, the head snake was the Coordinators. We still have a two headed snake that needs to be dealt with. Cut the heads off and sever the ties to Gus.

Quote:So none of the moves thus far are deemed 'positive'? Wow.

No, because we kept the main guys from Gus' staff. I want to cut all ties to him. Why do we still want to be linked to a losing regime?