Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marrone new HC

Quote:If by some chance they do hire him, I'm going to have a terrible image in my head.

I'll send you a picture if that happens.  Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Once Gus was gone, the head snake was the Coordinators. We still have a two headed snake that needs to be dealt with. Cut the heads off and sever the ties to Gus.
So every time someone is cut there is a new head.

Cut the head coach, the coordinators become the head of the snake. Cut the coordinators, the assistants become the head of the snake. Cut the assistants, the team captains become the head of the snake.

With this logic, the only way to cut off the head of the snake is to cut everyone.

Bri

Quote:So every time someone is cut there is a new head.

Cut the head coach, the coordinators become the head of the snake. Cut the coordinators, the assistants become the head of the snake. Cut the assistants, the team captains become the head of the snake.

With this logic, the only way to cut off the head of the snake is to cut everyone.

Bri

This snake was so bad, we needed to run his butt through a wood chipper. 

Notable graphic from ESPN

[Image: Screenshot_20170111_211807.png]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jason La Canfora – Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Hearing that the assistant coaches in Jaguars who have not yet been let go will be meeting with Tom Coughlin before final decisions made

7:22 PM - 11 Jan 2017

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax'>Brent Martineau ‏@BrentASJax </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/819576568758566912' title="1:07 PM - 12 Jan 2017">3h3 hours ago</a>

<p class="" style="font-size:26px;">The <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] interviewed more candidates than were reported and had a lot more coaches that were interested. Only offer was to Marrone.

Quote:<span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax'>Brent Martineau<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@
BrentASJax
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/BrentASJax/status/819576568758566912'>3h3 hours ago</a></span></span><span style="background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">

The <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a><a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]</a> interviewed more candidates than were reported and had a lot more coaches that were interested. Only offer was to Marrone.

</span>

If true, this seems fairly counter to the narrative that Caldwell is a bad GM who can't pick talent, right?

What prospective coach would want to take over a talent-deficient roster under a lame duck GM?
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Brent Martineau ‏@BrentASJax  3h3 hours ago

<p style="font-size:26px;">The #Jaguars[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] interviewed more candidates than were reported and had a lot more coaches that were interested. Only offer was to Marrone.

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;">Knew it

</div>

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Brent Martineau ‏@BrentASJax  3h3 hours ago

<p style="font-size:26px;">The #Jaguars[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png] interviewed more candidates than were reported and had a lot more coaches that were interested. Only offer was to Marrone.

</div>

I have been saying since day 1 that Marrone was the right guy. We got ourselves a huge upgrade and he has been hiding out here for a while. Time for everyone to put on their big boy cleats and get it done!

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Would Marrone be the winner of a royal rumble against all the other head coach's ?

Quote:Would Marrone be the winner of a royal rumble against all the other head coach's ?

Gotta be pretty good odds. I think he has the weight advantage. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Gotta be pretty good odds. I think he has the weight advantage.

6'5 270 would be hard to beat, has the mean streak too. Jack Del Rio and Ron Rivera would be his main competitor's.

@SethWickersham @JasonColeBR As coach of the Bills, Marrone punted 39 times from opponents side of the field, per @NickVeronica #Genius

Quote:@SethWickersham @JasonColeBR As coach of the Bills, Marrone punted 39 times from opponents side of the field, per @NickVeronica #Genius
Sounds like Doug didn't trust his kicker and good thing we have Myers

Every time I hear Doug Marrone speak, I like him better.  Straightforward, no nonsense, no rah-rah.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote:@SethWickersham @JasonColeBR As coach of the Bills, Marrone punted 39 times from opponents side of the field, per @NickVeronica #Genius

So an average of 1.2 times per game over 2 years. Considering most teams would punt if they're say between the 50 and opponents 45, I wonder what the average for other teams is?

The stat alone doesn't seem too outrageous without a little more context. Technically the 49 yard line is opponent territory. You're not making a fg from there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Sounds like Doug didn't trust his kicker and good thing we have Myers

The part about Myers is sarcasm right?

Yes, a lot coaches tend to punt when they're between their opponents 40-49 yard line. Now if all those were inside the 35 yard line, then we have a big problem, but I suspect they weren't.

Quote:Marrone and Coughlin.

Things will be totally different and a lot of people aren't grasping that. Marrone/Coughlin are the complete opposite of Gus.

I think the players are going to be in for a big surprise too.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2017, 07:52 PM by Bullseye.)

Quote:So an average of 1.2 times per game over 2 years. Considering most teams would punt if they're say between the 50 and opponents 45, I wonder what the average for other teams is?

The stat alone doesn't seem too outrageous without a little more context. Technically the 49 yard line is opponent territory. You're not making a fg from there.
Especially when you consider the weather in Buffalo, New York and New England during the second half of the year.  With the wind coming off Lake Erie, FGs could be a nightmare.

Not only that, but he had a pretty good defense there.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!