Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TJ Yeldon Comparison!

Quote:James Starks comparisons are laughable.

Yeldon has wiggle. Just like McCoy and Taylor

The comparison to Taylor, and his 4.3 speed, are beyond laughable. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Trent Richardson

Errict Rhett

Norm Bulaich
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I wonder if Yeldon has seen this thread?

It's really hard to get a comparison to Yeldon. I don't see Leveon Bell in him at all. Maybe Darren McFadden.

Im saying Yeldon has wiggle like Taylor. And like Shady McCoy.

Yeldon runs upright. So does James Starks... Whoever made that comparison... It's fair

Tshimanga Biakabutuka with a little bit of Chris Fuamatu Maafala.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Tshimanga Biakabutuka with a little bit of Chris Fuamatu Maafala.
Chris fuamatu BAD Maafala
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yeldon runs upright. So does James Starks... Whoever made that comparison... It's fair

Ummmm.... Ladanian Tomlinson as soon as he was drafted 

Twitter Follow: @jSp3nce

Quote:The comparison to Taylor, and his 4.3 speed, are beyond laughable.

No ones comparing the speed but the high glide cuts, both run high and have incredible balance allowing to glide across the field and make defenders miss. As to where MJD would get low and run people over.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:No ones comparing the speed

Byron Leftwich

All you guys who think Yeldon is some short of power back are going to be disappointed. That's not his game.

Quote:All you guys who think Yeldon is some short of power back are going to be disappointed. That's not his game.

Not at all he's a cut back from what I've seen.

Quote:Not at all he's a cut back from what I've seen.

Wasn't Taylor a cutback runner?

Quote:Wasn't Taylor a cutback runner?

Yes which is why so many people are saying his style is closer to Fred Taylor then anyone we've had in a while. Fred had incredible balance that would make defenders miss as he cut in and out while going up field. The difference is after the cuts Fred had an extra gear that it doesn't look like Yeldon has on paper.

There's 40 times and then there's game speed I'll wait to see what kind of game speed the kid has first.

Quote:I see Demarco Murray. Big, upright runner with solid speed. Not an overly physical runner but big and strong enough to brake tackles and fall forward for extra yards.

I was recently looking through the DraftNasty 2015 Draft Manuel magazine that Corey Chavous puts out.  Chavous also compared T.J. Yeldon to Demarco Murray.  

The following is part of what appears on page 21 of the DraftNasty publication.  I'll highlight it in bold:

Even though he's an upright runner,  TJ has enough upper body strength and strives to keep his shoulder pads north-south in-between the tackles.   Like Murray,  he's also been a fine factor on designed screens and pass patterns out of the backfield.  Now this type of running style leaves you susceptible to shots in the box and it also can lead to injury.   These are two things that have challenged Yeldon through his career. 

When thinking about the Jaguars decision to draft Yeldon at pick # 36 compared to other RBs available,  in looking at the decision in hindsight it probably shouldn't have been surprising.  Especially,  considering the Jags made a strong effort to sign Murray as an UFA back in March.  

I draw comparisons to all three former Jaguars starting RBs...

James Stewart - similar up-right style, deceptive speed, size and toughness, uncanny nose for end zone

Fred Taylor - incredible cutting ability, mentality to avoid contact, but has power when needed

Maurice Jones-Drew - constant north-south (downhill) mentality, patience when needed, unrelenting effort to keep legs moving, comparable hands and football speed

'02