Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poz gets 1 Year Extension

Quote:"People on this board have no clue"... well, perhaps not. But consider this possibility;

You've mentioned that Poz led the LBs in ints and pass defenses, so he was 'obviously' more effective. However, what you fail to mention is the number of times he was responsible for coverage on a given play vs. the other LBs. A clearer picture would have been to present the percentage of successful pass defenses in relation to the pass attempts in his zone. Having the highest number of ints and pass defenses just means he was in a targeted area more than others. Some might think that this would suggest that the opponents (you remember, those guys who kept handing us our butts with successful pass plays down the middle much of the season) saw something in our mid field coverage to be exploited... Poz, perhaps?

The praise of the coaching staff means little... they've said good things about every player they've cut too. I have to also disagree with your presumption that "he wouldn't be getting an extension, he would be getting replaced". You don't replace an experienced player unless you know you have someone better in your pocket, and as of right now I don't know that we have someone better than Poz for that position. Experience and knowledge like Poz has accumulated isn't a commodity to be disposed of lightly ... even if he isn't the player he once was. 
What the coaching staff thinks means 1000 times more than what you think. What you think is what is actually means little.

He's a MLB.  He's not supposed to be the coverage guy. If he is doing more coverage than the other LBs it would be because he is being put in coverage make up for their deficiencies.

It's not like they couldn't adjust the coverage if they thought he was a liability, so if he were so bad, then please explain why the defense wasn't covering the TEs more with safeties and OLBs like other teams?

I promise you it's not because the coaching staff aren't as smart and astute as you. LOL!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I feel indifferent.  I feel like he is only a good 2 down LB but this team does need some veteran leadership.  Atleast his insane salary has been addressed.  Lewis should be next.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I'm fine with him taking a pay cut and sticking around, I have always enjoyed him as a Jag.

I also would not be too upset if we trade him.

some of you guys are funny.

he's one of best players, like it or not.

if we had a Poz at every position on our team, we'd be a perennial playoff team.

Yeah, let's cut him because he's not a perfect or elite LB... the nerve of you guys.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:What the coaching staff thinks means 1000 times more than what you think. What you think is what is actually means little.

He's a MLB.  He's not supposed to be the coverage guy. If he is doing more coverage than the other LBs it would be because he is being put in coverage make up for their deficiencies.

It's not like they couldn't adjust the coverage if they thought he was a liability, so if he were so bad, then please explain why the defense wasn't covering the TEs more with safeties and OLBs like other teams?

I promise you it's not because the coaching staff aren't as smart and astute as you. LOL!
Agreed... what the coaching staff thinks is 1000 times more important than what I think. Of course, only a naive idiot would believe that the coaching staff always tells the media what they think. They wouldn't say things just to spin a story... would they?

Agreed, what I say means little, but that doesn't mean what I'm saying isn't true.

A linebacker in zone coverage does have to cover passes in his zone. It wouldn't matter if he were a defensive tackle, if the ball were thrown near him he would still be responsible for coverage. The ball is often thrown near him because of either:

a. the type defensive scheme being run by Bradley/Carroll is inherently weak in the middle (I was told this by NYC4Jags) or...

b. the opponents recognize that Poz isn't the best pass coverage and try to exploit what they perceive as a weakness... a lot.

Agreed; the coaches certainly could adjust the coverage to compensate for Poz... if they had better capable personnel to do that with. The problem is that they don't at this time.

Agreed; the coaching staff has far more football knowledge than I do. As far as I know, I've not written anything in conflict with them. It's really gratifying to finally read a response from someone on here with whom I have so much agreement. Keep up the good work! LOL!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

You don't need to go by what they say to the media to realize what they really think of him. You go by what the organization confirms which was sign him to an extension.

Only an idiot wouldn't recognize that.

Quote:You don't need to go by what they say to the media to realize what they really think of him. You go by what the organization confirms which was sign him to an extension.

Only an idiot wouldn't recognize that.
Only the naive would presume to think that there could only be one reason for offering an extension, but think what you like; I certainly won't lose sleep about it. I like your innocent view of the world, it reminds me of my grandchildren. lol!

Quote:Only the naive would presume to think that there could only be one reason for offering an extension, but think what you like; I certainly won't lose sleep about it. I like your innocent view of the world, it reminds me of my grandchildren. lol!
And when he is here next year you will be like the drooling senile grandfather that gets sent to a home. LOL!

Poz on injury and contract:

Quote:"I've been training completely normal. I'm at that point now in the rehab process that it's just lift and run as normal, which has been great. I don't see why I'm going to have any limitations when we start up."

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Posluszny suffered his injury in the Jaguars' victory over Cleveland on Oct. 19 and was placed on injured reserve two days later. He underwent surgery shortly after. It was the time immediately after the surgery with which Posluszny struggled the most.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">He played at 242 pounds last season but dropped down to 223 because he wasn't able to work out. He said he's up to 235 pounds now and wants to be close to 240 by the time training camp starts in July.

Quote:"I wanted to do everything that I could to play for Jacksonville for as long as I could," he said. "...It's an organization on the rise so I feel very, very fortunate to be a part of it because it's going to be an exciting time. ...Teams and coaches have their type of players, their type of guys, and like I said I feel very fortunate that I can try to fit that mold of what the Jaguars are looking for."

^  DiRocco  - espn

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015, 12:54 PM by muddylips.)

Quote:And when he is here next year you will be like the drooling senile grandfather that gets sent to a home. LOL!
Perhaps... but I don't actually drool that much and I'm not senile... yet.

Anyway, I've decided not to respond any further to the personal rancor intended in your communication. However, I would like to address your obvious attitude of hopeless negativism. Consider the lilies of the field, or even consider coach Bradley as your paradigm of optimism.

Either way, I bid you...

'Domah-nhieu'

Quote:and I'm not senile... yet.

And how would you know? :teehee:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I am like many others on this board. I don't understand the hate. Is he the best LB in the NFL?? No, is he better than any body else we have? Yes. He is a stand up guy in every way. That can only benefit the locker room. He doesn't mind mentoring the youngsters, and except for long yardage situations he is the best LB we have. I loved the move.

The money thing is also a mystery to me. It is not like we are cap strapped or going to be anytime soon. Most of the available free agents are not bank busters and with the relatively new rookie designed contracts, I can't see how we will be hurting.

Congrats Poz. Glad to have you (even if you are not perfect like so many others....... LOL)

I was surprised that they made this move with so much cap space. He's not young and he gets hurt a lot.

This board will really be fun when Lewis gets an extension in order to reduce his cap hit.

Quote:This board will really be fun when Lewis gets an extension in order to reduce his cap hit.

His blocking is very good if the team wants to run a lot he will have a place on it.

(This post was last modified: 04-18-2015, 04:24 PM by imtheblkranger.)

I think it's more that he wants to stay here as long as possible and the team knows they most likely won't be re-signing him to another multi year deal.

He's a great guy and a huge leader in the locker room, this keeps him around till after the rebuild is done and a year or two to play for us as a contender and will probably retire after this contract
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:And how would you know? :teehee:
the voices told me so.  Ninja

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/corryjoel'><b>Joel Corry</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@corryjoel</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/590129135474774017' title="8:25 AM - 20 Apr 2015"><span>21m21 minutes ago</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Paul Posluszny's 2015 cap # should go from $9.5M to $6,885,416 ($2,614,584 cap savings) with his renegotiated 3-year deal w/$18M max value.

Quote: 

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(136,153,166);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
<div><b>Joel Corry</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@corryjoel</span></span> · <span>21m21 minutes ago</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:16px;">Paul Posluszny's 2015 cap # should go from $9.5M to $6,885,416 ($2,614,584 cap savings) with his renegotiated 3-year deal w/$18M max value.

</div>

He's bait. I see it now.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:He's bait. I see it now.

No one's baiting on $6M per for Poz.