Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
*** Official Live State Of the Jaguars Coverage Starts at 10:45 Today***

Quote:I do believe that the Landing is still being redesigned as well..!

It is but that has been the case for the last 12 years. And nothing has gotten done.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wonder if Shad wanted to utilize the Jags to get in the foot in the Jacksonville door, but his higher priority is to develop a metropolitan city.

Why bother with the Landing. When you've got glass making shops, sports shop that don't even sell the current jerseys, and virtually no parking to accommodate the bigger events they do have, you're doomed. It had and has so much potential. Their best bet is to hook up with the shipyards

That is beautiful.  

Khan is the man, literally.  If even half of this comes to fruition it will be incredible for the city and Jags fans alike.

It makes me want to move to Jacksonville. 

Now if they can make the tram run out to it and the stadium, the tram might not be such a joke.

Quote:Now if they can make the tram run out to it and the stadium, the tram might not be such a joke.

There's a tram?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2015, 02:02 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:There's a tram?
yea the micky mouse monorail that runs like 4 blocks. :teehee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Skyway

Quote:Now if they can make the tram run out to it and the stadium, the tram might not be such a joke.

I think more likely that extending the Skyway is making a street car system that runs down Bay Street.

;

;

Tweet from Eugene Frenette (@GeneFrenette) - #Jaguars owner Khan says "iconic development can change a community" and compares Shipyards development to Sydney opera house.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So, is there an aquarium? I didn't watch the SOTF

There's going to be a medium sized one in St. Augustine, so I don't think Downtown Jax gets one.

Quote:yea the micky mouse monorail that runs like 4 blocks. :teehee:

Thought that was just a temporary mobile motel for some of our local transients?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I didn't see a convention center in the plans. That would attract a lot of outsiders to the city.

Trading in my lower bowl tickets for Club Seats just became a whole lot more possible. Love the two terrace seating!

The aquarium proposal would be where Met Park currently is so theoretically you could plop it right next to Khan's shipyard area. If that wouldn't bring people in I don't know what would.

They briefly mentioned Hogan's creek, I wish they would've spent more time on that. I would love for that creek to be cleaned up and surrounded by shops, bars, and restaraunts like San Antionio's riverwalk.

Quote:There's going to be a medium sized one in St. Augustine, so I don't think Downtown Jax gets one.

The one in Jacksonville is going to be 4 or 5 times bigger than that one.  The people planning the Jacksonville one have already said their project is moving forward.

It's not in the city's interest to expand the Skyway to the stadium. If the Skyway was extended from the King St. parking garage to the stadium, that would open up hundreds of cheap parking spaces that the city can't overcharge fans for like the ones in Tailgate City. If there's a cheaper, easier option, people are going to take advantage of it. I know that in the past the city government has spent money on projects only to lose money in the long run, but I don't think they will do that in this case.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Quote:I didn't see a convention center in the plans. That would attract a lot of outsiders to the city.
Like the Prime Osbourne does?
Jaguars Fundamentalist

This makes me glad I'm moving back home to Jax in 3 years!
Quote:That is beautiful.

Khan is the man, literally. If even half of this comes to fruition it will be incredible for the city and Jags fans alike.

It makes me want to move to Jacksonville.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:Here's the shipyards video portion for those who missed it.

https://vimeo.com/119653089

If Shad Khan can get the St. Johns River to look like that, there is nothing beyond his capabilities.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Did they mention who will pay for it? And any approximation on when construction would begin/finish?

This looks amazing. Let's hope it happens.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>