Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I am a United States Citizen, My Mother and Father were Refugees from Iran

Quote:So Trump shoulda gotten in at least 16 rounds of golf before doing anything at all.. Like your now irrelevant messiah did 8 years ago.. Woohooo another Obama vacation..

You are finally right about something. Obama is irrelevant to this conversation. Your boy is clueless about how to run a country, as was your mindset when you fell for his shtick and voted for him.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You are finally right about something. Obama is irrelevant to this conversation. Your boy is clueless about how to run a country, as was your mindset when you fell for his shtick and voted for him.

Obama opened his pie hole yesterday while on yet another vacation, so he isn't completely irrelevant to this conversation.

Quote:You are finally right about something. Obama is irrelevant to this conversation. Your boy is clueless about how to run a country, as was your mindset when you fell for his shtick and voted for him.

He's done more good in his short time as president than the 8 years your cousin had. And he's making good on his promises he ran on.. Guess it really wasn't shtick now was it?
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

If you and your kind realized this eight years ago about 0bama, there would be no President Trump.

We had to fall to the depths of 0bama, for Trump to be a step up.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:No he didn't.

Yes he did

Quote:Also called lying.

No its not

Quote:Further screening after travel to potentially terrorist states. Overseas radicalization is a thing.

Yes we know that, which is what Obama previously had in place, banning certain groups of people, NOT entire countries.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

It's sad to see this thread get derailed from TAM's original talking point and purpose of this thread.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Yes he did

No its not

Yes we know that, which is what Obama previously had in place, banning certain groups of people, NOT entire countries.

He tried to equate a 90 day travel ban with the Iranian revolution. That's not well thought out that's emotional alarmism.

Its a 90 day pause for security review. If think he nuked the 7 countries.

Quote:If you start kissing up right now, maybe you can join his republican guard.

You can waterboard me for thoughtcrime next year

Next you're gonna tell me the moon is actually made of green cheese.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I stopped posting to the Politics sub-forum for quite some time.  However, I think it's time for me to begin sifting through the tumultuous back and forth of this forum

I'm not here to change anyone's mind.  But you guys know me.  I've talked to most of the posters that visit this forum.  I think it's important for you guys to realize why some "libtards" behave the way they do.  So here's my story.

I was born in the USA.  I was born at the Presbyterian Hospital on Central Avenue in the city of Albuquerque, NM.  The reason I was born in Albuquerque was because my dad was on a school visa to earn his Ph.D. in Economics at the University of New Mexico. This was around the late 70s.  My dad was born in Tehran, Iran.  At the time he was granted his educational Visa, the US had a good relationship with Iran.  After I was born, my Dad earned his PhD and wanted to go back home to teach and help Iran prosper.

He began his professorship at the University of Tehran in 1978.  I was still just an infant.  But even in 1978, [BAD WORD REMOVED] was getting crazy.  Students were pretty [BAD WORD REMOVED] off at the Western ideology and wished for nothing to do with having ties to the West, especially the USA.  My dad, a brand new PhD from the USA, was targeted by these ideologues.  These ideologues believed that anyone from the West was the enemy and would destroy Iran.  They hated my dad, not because of what he was, but because of where he came from.  Even though my dad only wanted to help educate them.  

He began to get death threats.  1978 Iran, from what he has told me, was a powder-keg.  A populist powder-keg.  People in Iran were [BAD WORD REMOVED] off.  Mostly because they felt they were being over-run by outsiders.  They felt that they were losing their identity.  They hated the fact that the West was coming in and taking the country in a direction they felt was foreign.  Protests were rampant.  And the protesters wanted to ensure Iran would remain for Iranians.  The protesters also were able to co-opt the highly religious within the country.  The protesters made a strong push that Western ideology was against the teachings of God.  They changed the minds of the religous to view anyone that was pro Western capitalism and neo-liberalism as being anti-religious.    

Those that were for Western ideals were apathetic, they didn't care.  Alot of them had some sympathies to keeping Iran more Iranian and less western.  Populism is something that the middle class Iranians also felt.  They weren't very religious, but the economic changes that were happening in Iran set up a sense of uncertainty for middle class Iranians.  So as more and more demonstrations occurred that railed against western ideologies, the Iranians that felt capitalism and libertarian economic policies were best, stayed silent.  After all, it's not very popular to say that a nationalistic point of view is dangerous.   

As the tide began to turn towards religious fundamentalism, my dad decided to take me, my baby brother, and my mom and get the hell out of there.  He realized earlier than most that an authoritarian movement had begun that would be hard to turn back.

He left his professorship in Iran to come back to the USA.  Back to Albuquerque, where he earned his PhD.  He left before me, my mom, and my brother got out.  He had to leave us about 6 months before we left in order to tie down my mom and my brother's VISAs.  I was already a citizen of the USA because I was born in Albuquerque, but my brother and mom weren't citizens and didn't have VISAs.  So as the poop hit the fan, my mom left Tehran to go to Amsterdam as my dad was in Albuquerque fighting to get our my Mom and brother's VISAs granted.  It was a crazy time for my refugee family.  It was one that I wish never happened, but here we all are.

So I'm a US born citizen.  And I've been to Iran.  And I have family in Iran.  My family in Iran is similar to most Christian families.  They celebrate the main holidays, but they are not insane with religion anymore.  But they are now stuck in a country that started out by wanting to make Iran "great" again.  That's how all these movements start.  The revolutionaries in Iran, the Ayatollah Khomeni, said he wanted to make Iran great again.  He wanted to ensure that Iranians were well paid, well employed, and safe.  He suckered the entire country, and messed that country up big time.  He shut out people from coming into Iran.  To this day, I cannot go into Iran anymore without fear of imprisonment.  I can only see my cousins that live in the USA or Canada.

My dad hates Iran now.  He sacrificed his time and energy to earn a PhD in order to go back to Iran and help modernize that country.  And the morons in that country pooped all over modernized progress.  

And now he we are.  The country that is supposed to be the beacon to progress.  The beacon to modern life.  The beacon to freedom.

Here we are.  That shining city on the hill.  Behaving just like the Ayatollah Khomeni and his populist nationalists behaved back in 1978-1979.  As a US citizen that has visited Iran, someone that knows how messed up that government is.  To see our government behave just like them, with one Executive Order...  It saddens me.  It makes me cry.

I feel sorry for those that think Trump is doing the right thing.  I feel sorry for them like I do for the kids that threatened my dad in Iran.  My dad was telling them to study, to learn and to be patient.  But instead, they hated my dad.  

History. 

History repeats itself.  Sometimes not just over time.  But over continents as well.

The_Anchorman
Go back to Iran then. Problem solved.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

rabble rabble rabble

Have you seen my baseball?