Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marc Trestman to interview for OC position

He looks like Paul Feinbaums brother :yes:

[Image: 4684858.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I kind of wonder if the Trestman - CHI situation was similar to the Mularkey - BUFF one. Not trying to say that Trestman is the same caliber of coach, but if I remember right, Mularkey did not want to play Losman, but was forced to. It eventually led to him leaving the organization.

Perhaps Trestman made enough of a stink regarding the Cutler - McCown issue that it got him fired.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I do think it's worthy of the question.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I kind of wonder if the Trestman - CHI situation was similar to the Mularkey - BUFF one. Not trying to say that Trestman is the same caliber of coach, but if I remember right, Mularkey did not want to play Losman, but was forced to. It eventually led to him leaving the organization.

Perhaps Trestman made enough of a stink regarding the Cutler - McCown issue that it got him fired.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I do think it's worthy of the question.
Its probably exactly what happened.

Easier to cut the coach than to cut the QB you just gave a massive contract to.

In the NFL, Trestman is an OC, not a HC. I think he could be a good fit with Bortles.

[Image: thumbsup.gif]

[Image: mellow.png]

Quote:Its probably exactly what happened.

Easier to cut the coach than to cut the QB you just gave a massive contract to.

Bingo, no Cap hit involved in cutting a coach.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:In the NFL, Trestman is an OC, not a HC. I think he could be a good fit with Bortles.

a terrific fit. there havent been any updates on when he might interview?

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:In the NFL, Trestman is an OC, not a HC. I think he could be a good fit with Bortles.

I hope so!

This is the only OC that I like. Outside of Charlie Weis and any playoff teams OC.

Quote:He looks like Paul Feinbaums brother :yes:

[Image: 4684858.jpg]

He looks like Mr. Slugworth from Willie Wonka

[Image: Trestman.jpg]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:He looks like Mr. Slugworth from Willie Wonka

[Image: Trestman.jpg]

lol great find.

Quote:This is the only OC that I like. Outside of Charlie Weis and any playoff teams OC.
So you like every OC that made the playoffs?  That's kind of a non-opinion opinion.  So at very best, Trestman is your 14th favorite and an a twist of irony, all 12 of your picks made the playoffs this year. 

Sure pal.

The meltdown by Chicago concerns me

Quote:He looks like Mr. Slugworth from Willie Wonka[Image: Trestman.jpg]

Was actually thinking the exact same thing!!!

He's worked wonders with QB's and has been a good OC, the only concern is that he doesn't seem to stay very long in one place.  If you're trying to build up a young QB and offense you want stability.

He seems to have a good system that helps the quarterback. McCown looked great under him. Yeah you can point to the weapons Chicago has, but Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans are not bums either. Anything that helps Bortles improves automatically makes us at least a .500 team. With our division, we have an even better chance at a higher win percentage. Not sipping Kool-Aid but we've needed a good OC and I believe this guy will prove, like several others, that there is a huge difference in being a HC compared to an OC. Really, nothing can be much worse than we were in 14
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

For me, it's not even close. Offensive, we've had a history of subpar offenses and in the Gus era in particular. How many games would we have won last year if we had an average offense? Bringing in a guy who has elevated the play Scott Mitchell, Josh McCown, and Rich Gannon and give him a blank canvas like Blake Bortles is too good to pass up. He's been successful everywhere he has been and we've been at the bottom offensively. I think it's just too risky to bring in a guy like Wilson or Greg Roman when you have a guy like this in the building.

Quote:https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...6139786240

Adam Schefter<span>Verified account</span> ‏@<b>AdamSchefter</b>

Former Bears HC Marc Trestman expected to visit Jacksonville to interview for Jaguars OC job, per source. Already has interviewed with Bucs.

It could be;

The Raiders HC Jack Del Rio

with DC Mike Smith, OC Marc Trestman

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@<b>ryanohalloran</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/553207323087609856' title="10:11 AM - 8 Jan 2015">19m19 minutes ago</a>

<p class="">Hearing <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a>' direction with offensive coordinator at this point isn't leaning toward Trestman.

No one is safe.

O'Halloran is on with Dempsey and he's saying he's pretty much dismissed Trestman because of the fact that he and Gus are friends, although their friendship dates back to last year when they hung out together at the owner's meetings. 

He handicaps it as the top 4-5 candidates not being available yet because of the playoffs, then the priority list is Roman, big gap, Wilson, bigger gap, and Trestman.

He doesn't think the team is very serious about Trestman, and that they really have their eye on someone who is still coaching in the playoffs.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

what the hell does O'Halloran know

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>