Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Caldwell: "We will be big-spenders in Free Agency."

It would be nice if GM Dave Caldwell signed

1. CB Darrelle Revis, New England Patriots
  2. DE Jason Pierre Paul, New York Giants
  3. OG Mike Iupati, San Francisco 49ers
  4. OLB Justin Houston, KC Chiefs
  5. CB Brandon Flowers, Chargers

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It would be nice if GM Dave Caldwell signed

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]CB Darrelle Revis, New England Patriots[*]DE Jason Pierre Paul, New York Giants[*]OG Mike Iupati, San Francisco 49ers[*]OLB Justin Houston, KC Chiefs[*]CB Brandon Flowers, Chargers</ul>

Good with all except Revis. Too much money for us to spend on him. Plus he'll want to go to a contender I'm sure. He just finished a fiasco in TB recently. Flowers I like but moreso as a FS than a corner.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote: 

It would be nice if GM Dave Caldwell signed

1. CB Darrelle Revis, New England Patriots
  2. DE Jason Pierre Paul, New York Giants
  3. OG Mike Iupati, San Francisco 49ers
  4. OLB Justin Houston, KC Chiefs
  5. CB Brandon Flowers, Chargers

Thats an awesome way to destroy your cap in one season. We don't need Revis or Flowers much less a declining Pierre Paul. I'll take Lupati and maybe Houston. Give me Cobb or D. Thomas at WR with Graham or Julius Thomas at TE. We also need a vet at FS.

Draft another TE, C, RT, DT, LB and any decent players in late rounds.

Could you imagine our DL with JPP on it and then Telvin and Houston behind them? Awesome.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Thats an awesome way to destroy your cap in one season. We don't need Revis or Flowers much less a declining Pierre Paul. I'll take Lupati and maybe Houston. Give me Cobb or D. Thomas at WR with Graham or Julius Thomas at TE. We also need a vet at FS.

Declining?  JPP is 25

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/pl...erJa99.htm

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Thats an awesome way to destroy your cap in one season. We don't need Revis or Flowers much less a declining Pierre Paul. I'll take Lupati and maybe Houston. Give me Cobb or D. Thomas at WR with Graham or Julius Thomas at TE. We also need a vet at FS.

Watch football much?

Who is Lupati and how is a 25 year old DE with 9.5 sacks in the last 5 games of the season in decline?

Joe Barksdale

Crabtree

Charles Clay

Rahim Moore

Draft leonard williams, perryman

We good

I'll believe it when I see it.

One can only hope he walks the talk.

1.) best available RT

2.) Mccourtey

3.) JPP

Quote:I'll believe it when I see it.

"Get Better Everyday"

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 07:33 PM by muddylips.)

Y'all certainly seem to know the 'names' a lot better than I do. All I know is that we've had some horrendous free agents show up here in the not so long ago past who proved to not be worth a nickel, much less the mega bucks they got paid to come here. So while on the one hand I'm actually glad that Dave is going to 'try' to buttress up some positions with vets, I hope he doesn't go and throw away money on slobs who have no intention of actually being worth anything while here. We don't need anyone else here with a 'paid vacation' mentality like we've experienced before.

It seems to me that what a guy has done in the past as a veteran is only a preliminary for getting him considered; what matters now is what is he able/willing to do for us... now.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:Just got a feeling that JPP and Jordan Cameron are both tagged by their respective teams. Would love to sign one or both but probably not going to happen.
The franchise tag for a DE is extremely expensive.  I don't know if the Giants can afford it

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

The Giants already said JPP will test FA. 

Why not sign an Adrian Clayborn as a mid-level DE who could be the run stuffing Leo DE.

He has been hurt two of his 4 years, but in 2013, his 3rd season, he had 64 TT and 5.5 sacks.

I think Clayborn fits the mold that Dave Caldwell has set with the signing of Miller and Marks, as well as Bryant.

Clayborn may not be as splashy as JPP, but he probably can be had for 4 Mil per season versus the 14 to 15 Mil per season that JPP will cost.

Further combine, 5 to 8 sacks each from four players Clemons, Clayborn, Davis, and Branch and the team should get at least 15 to 18 sacks from the Leo position.

Clayborn will only be 27 next season and he could take off like Marks did in Gus' defense.

Something to think about.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 09:19 PM by jobclarke.)

Quote:Nor OLB Justin Houston, Kansas City Chiefs as Bleacher reported suggested for Free Agents to Jacksonville
If available, he would be the Big Money free agent.....would be the perfect Otto

Quote:Joe Barksdale

Crabtree

Charles Clay

Rahim Moore

Draft leonard williams, perryman

We good
Don't trust Crabtree. If things don't go his way, he could be a problem

It surprises me how many of you list just defensive needs.  This does not mesh well with the team.  The team needs veteran leadership on offense and new youth on defense.  Use Free Agency to fill the offense and use the draft to improve the defense.  The only exception to that rule if someone like JPP becomes available.  Youth plus star potential is worth the big bucks.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

first question before making list

who s getting franchised ?

I saw some people say Crabtree, I'd rather try others way before him.