Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Everyday this franchise employs Gus Bradley as HC, it's another wasted day.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 08:19 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:yup...I can see where improvement is being made and you believe improvement is only reflected in the w/l column...I get it...I can also understand your point as well
But if your so called improvement never translates to wins.... Then how are we improving?

At some point.... Wins have to matter. And they really should always be how you judge a team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 08:22 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:But if your so called improvement never translates to wins.... Then how are we improving?
hahahahaha because it's process....It's kinda like one step at a time...you go through step one, then step two then step 3 and as you get farther into the process, you start to reap the benefits of winning...It's a "You have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run", kind of thing

Quote:But if your so called improvement never translates to wins.... Then how are we improving?

At some point.... Wins have to matter. And they really should always be how you judge a team.

Apparently the Jags are improving everywhere but the win/loss column.

I guess the real question is: Do you want a better team with a worse record or a worse team with a better record? Well, which is it?

I guess the better team with a worse record has a better chance of improving their record then the worse team with a better record does.

Some of you might have to read that slowly, and more then once to understand it.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:Apparently the Jags are improving everywhere but the win/loss column.

I guess the real question is: Do you want a better team with a worse record or a worse team with a better record? Well, which is it?

I guess the better team with a worse record has a better chance of improving their record then the worse team with a better record does.

Some of you might have to read that slowly, and more then once to understand it.

Last year they changed the coach and a substantial part of the roster.

This year they changed the QB and again a substantial part of the roster.

These guys are learning to play together and they aren't yet good enough to win. That is really all there is to it. It's no more complicated than that.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:so let's see here...the team is better than last year, but it has nothing to do with the coaches...Gotcha :thanks:

OK, so if the team is better and the coaches are also better/improved, the only reason they are still losing by 2 or more scores is because the teams they are playing are just better this year AND the team is just too young to win? 

Would that be correct?

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 08:43 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:hahahahaha because it's process....It's kinda like one step at a time...you go through step one, then step two then step 3 and as you get farther into the process, you start to reap the benefits of winning...It's a "You have to crawl before you walk, walk before you run", kind of thing
I guess you found that hilarious so carry on thinking a team that makes the same mistakes is improving.

I understand it's a process and I think everyone on this board is patient since this team has been pathetic for a while and we are still fans of this team.

The last 6 games after the Bye week will be very telling. Winnable games against Houston and Tennesee.

Quote:Last year they changed the coach and a substantial part of the roster.

This year they changed the QB and again a substantial part of the roster.

These guys are learning to play together and they aren't yet good enough to win. That is really all there is to it. It's no more complicated than that.

OK, so really all this team needs is a few more seasons together until they might actually start being able to win some football games on a consistent basis?

I guess that's really all there is to it.

In the meantime, I will just keep changing the channel whenever they show the Jag's game highlights, or really low-lights.

Watching them lose once is enough.

Quote:so let's see here...the team is better than last year, but it has nothing to do with the coaches...Gotcha :thanks:

The roster is better, and that has nothing to do with coaches. That has to do with the draft and new free agents at DE, DE, and backup DT. The DL is getting sacks because it has better players, not because Alualu was coached up.

In spite of the better roster, the team is 1-9.

On the front page, NFL.com calls us 'hapless.'

One doesn't have to have once been a coach in order to criticize some of the decisions, any more than one needs to have once been a ship captain in order to criticize the captain of the Exxon Valdez. When Bradley steer the team into the rocks, anyone can see he made a mistake. Not doubling Dez Bryant with 31 seconds left and the Cowboys needing to go 30 yards just to get into long FG range is beyond stupid.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:The roster is better, and that has nothing to do with coaches. That has to do with the draft and new free agents at DE, DE, and backup DT. The DL is getting sacks because it has better players, not because Alualu was coached up.

One doesn't have to have once been a coach in order to criticize some of the decisions, any more than one needs to have once been a ship captain in order to criticize the captain of the Exxon Valdez. When Bradley steer the team into the rocks, anyone can see he made a mistake. Not doubling Dez Bryant with 31 seconds left and the Cowboys needing to go 30 yards just to get into long FG range is beyond stupid.
Too bad TMD got banned again for some reason because he's been saying that for a while.

I like the roster but I don't believe in the coaches. 1-9 is the best Bradley can do with this roster? I bet someone else could have gotten 3-4 wins with this team.

Quote:OK, so really all this team needs is a few more seasons together until they might actually start being able to win some football games on a consistent basis?

I guess that's really all there is to it.

In the meantime, I will just keep changing the channel whenever they show the Jag's game highlights, or really low-lights.

Watching them lose once is enough.
BINGO!

Quote:I guess you found that hilarious so carry on thinking a team that makes the same mistakes is improving.

I understand it's a process and I think everyone on this board is patient since this team has been pathetic for a while and we are still fans of this team.

The last 6 games after the Bye week will be very telling. Winnable games against Houston and Tennesee.
So making the same mistakes means no improvement? That's part of growing

Quote:BINGO!

I guess I finally got it.

I can't wait for 2017

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014, 09:03 PM by wrong_box.)

Quote:The roster is better, and that has nothing to do with coaches. That has to do with the draft and new free agents at DE, DE, and backup DT. The DL is getting sacks because it has better players, not because Alualu was coached up.

so how do the players get better and having nothing to do with coaching? The coaches are finding the strengths of the players and putting them where they get better results...Alualu (your example) is not an every down back now as he has been...That was a coaching decision I suppose it was a horrible decision? This coaching regime is finding more success in developing players than any since Coughlin...(so far)

Quote: I guess I finally got it.

I can't wait for 2017
now you're catching on...a little sarcastic and melodramatic but you're finally getting it...Caldwell has said since day one, he's not building this roster for RIGHT NOW, he's building it for the future

Quote:now you're catching on...a little sarcastic and melodramatic but you're finally getting it...Caldwell has said since day one, he's not building this roster for RIGHT NOW, he's building it for the future

What year are we looking at to REALLY start competing and winning some games regularly?

I figured around 2017.

Are we talking 2016? Now I know we can't be talking about next year, 2015, because these young players are just not going to improve enough in one year for 2015 to be the year when they start winning games on a regular basis. I just don't see that happening.

Quote:now you're catching on...a little sarcastic and melodramatic but you're finally getting it...Caldwell has said since day one, he's not building this roster for RIGHT NOW, he's building it for the future

And it's gus's job to improve the play of what he has..... So far, we arent seeing it. We think we have something fixed one week, then it breaks two games down the road. If it isnt one thing it's another.

I think a lot of people are forgetting, this is professional football. It isnt okay for the product to look like this, period. It doesnt matter how "honest about the process" they have been, there is no evidence that it's working. People have been fired for far, far less

Quote:so how do the players get better and having nothing to do with coaching? The coaches are finding the strengths of the players and putting them where they get better results...Alualu (your example) is not an every down back now as he has been...That was a coaching decision I suppose it was a horrible decision? This coaching regime is finding more success in developing players than any since Coughlin...(so far)

Well the developing players bar was set pretty low since TC left, that's for sure.

Quote: People have been fired for far, far less

But that's not going to be the case here.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:so how do the players get better and having nothing to do with coaching? The coaches are finder the strengths of the players and putting them where they get better results...Alualu (your example) is not an every down back now as he has been...That was a coaching decision I suppose it was a horrible decision?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist at coach to start the guy who your GM just signed who was a starter on last year's Superbowl winner. He also chose to start Gratz over McCray, Guy over Evans, and Gerhart over Robinson. How long did it take him to finally start Bortles? That Bortles was better was obvious to just about everyone long before Bradley finally saw it.

What players from last year have gotten better? I'll give you Denard Robinson and Miller, but they were mainly health issues. Is Gratz better? NO! Is Joeckel better? Hard to say. Cyprien? NO. Ace Sanders? NO. McCray? Also hard to say since he didn't play much last year. Marks? He has been great, but he was last year too. Evans? I'd say yes, so that's one. Is improvement by just one player from last year satisfactory development by the coaching staff?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:What year are we looking at to REALLY start competing and winning some games regularly?

I figured around 2017.

Are we talking 2016? Now I know we can't be talking about next year, 2015, because these young players are just not going to improve enough in one year for 2015 to be the year when they start winning games on a regular basis. I just don't see that happening.
My expectation would be year 3 which is next year...I'm not saying we will got 10-6 or anything of that nature, but I believe with another off season and draft, the team will be more competitive and put some wins on the board...Not garbage wins against bottom feeders either...I think next year will be the year in which Dave's first draft start to show their salt...Mr, Kahn said in an interview in London that we will be active in free agency and we have the luxury of lots of cap space that not many teams have, and that some teams won't be able to sign all their free agents, which leads me to believe we will be doing some patching in FA...