Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What Cowboys fans are saying

Quote:That's a risk they apparently may be willing to take. Romo's career could potentially end this Sunday with a bad hit....

It could end his career if it was the big part of the vertebra, but the TP would probably just chip off the rest of the bone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:HOLY CRAP, the Jag were that good back then??? I had almost forgot it's been so long.

As hard as people were on Garrard, we were competitive with him under center. Haven't been able to say that for a long time

Quote:Id rather have Romo play. If somehow we manage to win that game with Weeden playing, no one will consider it valid. If we pull an upset with Romo playing, that will be a real statement.

I agree. I'd rather have Romo play. However the excusemakers will still be saying some jive stuff like "yeah, but Romo was still hurt, blah blah blah"...

If the Jags were in playoff contention, perhaps I'd have a different mindset about wanting Romo to play as in that instance just getting the W would be paramount. 

Quote:I really don't like the Cowboys. The whole "America's team", Jerry Jones and acting like the star is some sacred crest. Funniest thing ever was when TO celebrated on the star.
George Teague knocked him off that star when he did it again...that was funnier . And yes, the star is an iconic symbol in sports.  

Quote:George Teague knocked him off that star when he did it again...that was funnier . And yes, the star is an iconic symbol in sports.  

Yeah, I'd have to agree. 

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 07:02 PM by CowJag.)

Quote:I agree. I'd rather have Romo play. However the excusemakers will still be saying some jive stuff like "yeah, but Romo was still hurt, blah blah blah"...

If the Jags were in playoff contention, perhaps I'd have a different mindset about wanting Romo to play as in that instance just getting the W would be paramount. 
Romo will play.  The key is RT Free and LG Leary coming back to play.  They appear to be good to go and that is what had the offense clicking.  Key injuries on defense will be Crawford and McClain.  I watch both of these teams week in week out.  Primarily a Cowboys fan, new to the Jags and a STH.  If I were a betting man, I would be all over Dallas.  It is a must win them going into the BYE.  A lot of people are happy to have this game before the bye as some injured guys can rest an extra week.  And when I say betting man I mean....Jerry will do whatever takes to make sure Romo is ready to go.  They need this game.

Can this be a sort of trap game?  Hmm...I am not sure.  I think that was 2 weeks ago against Washington.  I really like the Jags and would like to see them compete.  Dallas doesn't have any ball hawk safeties.  Scrandrick is solid at corner.  But this may be a good game for Bortles to get on track.  

Quote: But this may be a good game for Bortles to get on track.  

Softest secondary he has seen so far, second to the Titans and he did well enough in that game.  He loves the big stage too, so I see him with a good chance to have his first great game.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 07:10 PM by Apollo.)

Quote:As hard as people were on Garrard, we were competitive with him under center. Haven't been able to say that for a long time

We were a better roster around Garrard at that point, too. 

I think we're quickly improving the overall talent base here, now though. We'll be at or surpass that level of talent from the Garrard years by next year with another good offseason, I'd think. 

Quote:Romo will play.  The key is RT Free and LG Leary coming back to play.  They appear to be good to go and that is what had the offense clicking.  Key injuries on defense will be Crawford and McClain.  I watch both of these teams week in week out.  Primarily a Cowboys fan, new to the Jags and a STH.  If I were a betting man, I would be all over Dallas.  It is a must win them going into the BYE.  A lot of people are happy to have this game before the bye as some injured guys can rest an extra week.  And when I say betting man I mean....Jerry will do whatever takes to make sure Romo is ready to go.  They need this game.

Can this be a sort of trap game?  Hmm...I am not sure.  I think that was 2 weeks ago against Washington.  I really like the Jags and would like to see them compete.  Dallas doesn't have any ball hawk safeties.  Scrandrick is solid at corner.  But this may be a good game for Bortles to get on track.  

I'd like to see a shootout in this game and see Blake match Tony score for score. If that happens, I'll be fine with the result W or L. 

Quote:Softest secondary he has seen so far, second to the Titans and he did well enough in that game.  He loves the big stage too, so I see him with a good chance to have his first great game.
Yeah I am curious to see how he does against them.  Dallas does have 9 INT's which is up there...  Hoping for a good game.  Either way I will be happy.  

Quote:Yeah I am curious to see how he does against them.  Dallas does have 9 INT's which is up there...  Hoping for a good game.  Either way I will be happy.  
I love your last sentence.  It amazes me to see the anger around this board after a loss.  I usually just emotionally disconnect and go about my day after a loss.  Really has no bearing on my life.

Quote:I'd like to see a shootout in this game and see Blake match Tony score for score. If that happens, I'll be fine with the result W or L. 
That would be cool.  Not sure if Romo is up for that type of game.  Even with the healthy O line playing as well as it did...Murray ran well, but Romo still took some shots.  Jags D line will be tough.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 07:23 PM by Apollo.)

Quote:Softest secondary he has seen so far, second to the Titans and he did well enough in that game.  He loves the big stage too, so I see him with a good chance to have his first great game.

Question? - does Dallas play a 4-3 scheme now? 

The Titans were the only 4-3 that Blake has played against in the regular season so far I think. And looking ahead this season, I think only the Giants are the only team after the bye that uses a 4-3 unless they also switched to a 3-4. Coughlin has always been a 4-3 guy so, I'd doubt it. 

Quote:Question? - does Dallas play a 4-3 scheme now? 

The Titans were the only 4-3 that Blake has played against in the regular season so far I think. And looking ahead this season, I think the Giants are the only team after the bye that uses a 4-3 unless they also switched to a 3-4. Coughlin has always been a 4-3 guy so, I'd doubt it. 

Miami plays a 4-3 defense. I thought the Chargers did too.

Quote:Miami plays a 4-3 defense. I thought the Chargers did too.
Chargers are 3-4 I believe.

4-3 and 3-4 don't really matter anymore because everyone does some kind of hybrid defense.... Outside of Pitt.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 07:44 PM by CowJag.)

Quote:Question? - does Dallas play a 4-3 scheme now? 

The Titans were the only 4-3 that Blake has played against in the regular season so far I think. And looking ahead this season, I think only the Giants are the only team after the bye that uses a 4-3 unless they also switched to a 3-4. Coughlin has always been a 4-3 guy so, I'd doubt it. 
Yes, Dallas swtiched to the 4-3 last season when Kiffin took over and it was a mess.  Statistically, they aren't that much different.  However, more (key) turnovers, and a deeper rotation on the  D line.  They get pressure on the QB, but the sacks aren't there.  Mincey is part of that rotation.  And their 2nd round pass rusher Lawrence played his 1st game of the season this past Sunday. Marinelli has them playing hard.  

Quote:Yes, Dallas swtiched to the 4-3 last season when Kiffin took over and it was a mess. Statistically, they aren't that much different.  However, more (key) turnovers, and a deeper rotation on the  D line. They get pressure on the QB, but the sacks aren't there. Mincey is part of that rotation. And their 2nd round pass rusher Lawrence played his 1st game of the season this past Sunday. Marinelli has them playing hard.  

I have always opposed switching from one to the other with the same personnel. Some players are better suited for a certain formation while others struggle with the switch after years of playing at DE. If a team wants to change defensive formations, it should be one like us that builds through the draft and purges the roster so players won't be forced to do something that is unnatural to them.

Quote:I have always opposed switching from one to the other with the same personnel. Some players are better suited for a certain formation while others struggle with the switch after years of playing at DE. If a team wants to change defensive formations, it should be one like us that builds through the draft and purges the roster so players won't be forced to do something that is unnatural to them.
You nailed it.  That is what did Ware in...he excelled in the 3-4, but broke down some in the 4-3.  They signed Carr and drafted Claiborne...both are press/man corners...then hire Kiffin who runs that Tampa 2. Jerry makes people scratch their heads a lot.  Alan Ball came to Jax and has been solid.  Up in Dallas they moved him to safety for a season which messed him up. That whole transition take a few seasons to work...like you said, the right personnel.  

Quote:You nailed it. That is what did Ware in...he excelled in the 3-4, but broke down some in the 4-3.  They signed Carr and drafted Claiborne...both are press/man corners...then hire Kiffin who runs that Tampa 2. Jerry makes people scratch their heads a lot.  Alan Ball came to Jax and has been solid.  Up in Dallas they moved him to safety for a season which messed him up. That whole transition take a few seasons to work...like you said, the right personnel.  

You have to be kidding me. Denver runs a 4-3 and that is where he went after getting cut. The Cowboys called it a financial decision to cut him.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM by CowJag.)

Quote:You have to be kidding me. Denver runs a 4-3 and that is where he went after getting cut. The Cowboys called it a financial decision to cut him.
Doesn't Denver run more of a hybrid? (called a 4-3 under).... In Denver he lines up sometimes with his hand on the ground, sometimes in a 2 point stance...etc.  They are mixing it up for him.  Anyway, yeah the past few off seasons they re-worked his contract and kept pushing money back.  It got to the point where his annual was so high they had to release him.  He was a different player last year.  Got banged up a bit.  Sad to see him go, but it was the right time.  At least he has a good chance to win a ring.