Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BBINT

I'd be shocked if he makes it to the team plane without throwing a pick.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:look folks... for starters rookies in their first season make mistakes. Yeah, Bortles has thrown some boneheaded passes. However, to want to throw him under the bus this season would be premature as many other NFL quarterbacks have had rocky first seasons; for example, Peyton Manning still holds the all time record for the most int's thrown by a quarterback in his rookie season. I got this from no less of a reliable and established football scholar than 'Jaugarswoman' herself who corrected me on the subject recently. So there, take that!

Humor aside... there is no reason to push the 'panic button' over Bortles this year. We knew it was going to be a rocky road, so just suck it up. Our special teams performance in this game on the other hand has left many scratching their heads; Three blocked field goals, two blocked punts (one for a safety), a drive killing out of bounds kick off, allowing kick off returns to go thirty + yards..... and most of these in one game.... where the heck is the special teams coach at..... London? for the past three weeks???
You could see it on the sideline.... That kick out of bounds crushed our team and momentum.

Quote:You could see it on the sideline.... That kick out of bounds crushed our team and momentum.

So much that all they needed was a FG to have a chance and he forces a dumb throw for a pick.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Should have won this game? 

What game were you watching? Because it sure a hell wasn't the one being played today.

LOL, yeah, the loser mentality that you possess makes it clear that we should have gotten blown out...

You, sir are a dummy.   First of all, I bet to cover the spread.  The spread I bet on was 10.5.  So I beat the spread.  

Second of all, we dominated on D.  We had explosive plays on offense.  

We were actually the better team in terms of talent.

The coaches killed us this week.  The coaches are killing us every week, to be honest.

Besides the fact that BB5 is a crap-house rookie, the concept of targeting CSIII is ridiculous.  

On top of that, we have a great RB in Shoelace and have alot of weapons to work.  

Yet the OC is doesn't seem to have an idea of how to exploit his weapons.

We had this game.  We dominated this game on defense.  We had weapons on offense to exploit thier D.

It was a winnable game.  It's obvious you didn't actually watch this game.  Don't call out someone who can destroy you based on your ignorance...  

Quote:LOL, yeah, the loser mentality that you possess makes it clear that we should have gotten blown out...

You, sir are a dummy.   First of all, I bet to cover the spread.  The spread I bet on was 10.5.  So I beat the spread.  

The coaches killed us this week.  The coaches are killing us every week, to be honest.

Besides the fact that BB5 is a crap-house rookie, the concept of targeting CSIII is ridiculous.  

On top of that, we have a great RB in Shoelace and have alot of weapons to work.  

We had this game.  We dominated this game on defense.  We had weapons on offense to exploit thier D.

It was a winnable game.  It's obvious you didn't actually watch this game.  Don't call out someone who can destroy you based on your ignorance...  
Damn... let him have it lol

Quote:LOL, yeah, the loser mentality that you possess makes it clear that we should have gotten blown out...

No one cares about what spread you beat or not. There was not a single second in this game that anyone with at least one functioning eye and an IQ higher than the temperature inside of an igloo would have said we "should have won". Get this [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of here.

You have just been destroyed based on your ignorance. Next time have a clue and you wont be embarrassed by someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Have a good day.

We will again be starting over in 2016 Jag fans get ready because I think this dude is a little better

Thank Ryan Leaf

Yeah, I don't know... I'm not seeing much progress from him. I think he deserves the rest of this year and all of next to see where he's at, but, I mean the bad decisions, the staring down one receiver, all that has to go. 

We have had a decent running game recently so that should be opening up the passing game, but he's still making bonehead decisions. I don't know if it's half him and half the play calling, but the play calling has to open up too, it's atrocious. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

You, sir are a dummy. First of all, I bet to cover the spread. The spread I bet on was 10.5. So I beat the spread.

Second of all, we dominated on D. We had explosive plays on offense.

The coaches killed us this week. The coaches are killing us every week, to be honest.

We had this game. We dominated this game on defense. We had weapons on offense to exploit thier D.

It was a winnable game. It's obvious you didn't actually watch this game. Don't call out someone who can destroy you based on your ignorance...
I don't see how we "dominated" on defense when they gave up 232 yards passing 191 yards rushing for a combined 423 yards. Them going 6-13 on 3rd down isn't really dominant either. Pass rush was also inconsistent.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

My biggest thing is this. It's his rookie year, and yes we're going to see some mistakes. The point of this year and the upcoming offseason is for him to be coached through it. So far, we're not seeing anything that we can confidently say is going to literally coach him through his mistakes and teach him to be a better passer. It's just not there. 

I really find it hard to see any QB whether rookie or veteran coming to Jax and making an impact outside of Peyton Manning. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Or Brady ^

The collective I.Q. in this thread is hovering room temperature right about now.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Or Brady ^

Or Rodgers

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The collective I.Q. in this thread is hovering room temperature right about now.

We have had a cold snap, so I'd guess you're right.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The collective I.Q. in this thread is hovering room temperature right about now
So is the collective bitterness.

Got any thoughts on the actual subject matter or just like to complain?

Quote:So is the collective bitterness.

Got any thoughts on the actual subject matter or just like to complain?

But the subject matter isn't anything but thoughtless complaining. The cognitive dissonance should make your head explode.

So much fail in this thread.

Huh

I want to like Bortles, I really do. But I don't know... His decision making is curious at best and his passes stink. I understand he is a rookie, but MY GOD the kid is playing awful right now. I was hoping to see some, JUST A LITTLE improvment and I am just not seeing it. The game is way to fast for him or something...

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Lol just wow.

Quote:Lol just wow.

The expectations of rookie QB's these days is to play like Andrew Luck, if you don't play at the level you're a bust.