Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tom Coughlin Hired!

Quote:Probably because Schefter is on ESPN 

What everrrr

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's gonna be very interesting. Coughlin straight up said Bortles ain't the guy.
Drafting a QB. 

Quote:Drafting a QB.

Yep! Bortles might end up getting traded

Quote:It's gonna be very interesting. Coughlin straight up said Bortles ain't the guy.

I'm not sure that was ever confirmed. 

I love the people in this thread who are talking like they have any idea how the chain of command in this organization works.

Quote:I love the people in this thread who are talking like they have any idea how the chain of command in this organization works.

We love you too!

Source?

Quote:Source?
Yeah, where did this come from?

Quote:Source?
I believe it was Jay Glazer on fox said that was the case.

No Fun

I'm afraid there may be too many cooks in the kitchen. Just fire Caldwell if Tom is going to be over him.

It just seems backwards...  Coughlin is a head coach, not a front office guy...  Am I missing something here?  It was Couglin's player/salary management that got him in trouble and ultimately fired.

So hiring him at a capacity that is not on the sidelines seems like an odd move that really will have very little impact on the X's and O's along with the execution and accountability that has plagued this team.

I'm not sure how I feel about the hiring.  Love Coughlin, but he should have been hired for walking the sideline first.  Then move him up the the front office after a few years...

I just don't know what these people are thinking anymore.

Quote:It just seems backwards...  Coughlin is a head coach, not a front office guy...  Am I missing something here?  It was Couglin's player/salary management that got him in trouble and ultimately fired.

So hiring him at a capacity that is not on the sidelines seems like an odd move that really will have very little impact on the X's and O's along with the execution and accountability that has plagued this team.

I'm not sure how I feel about the hiring.  Love Coughlin, but he should have been hired for walking the sideline first.  Then move him up the the front office after a few years...

I just don't know what these people are thinking anymore.

TBH, with how inept this franchise is, I am actually cool with a "coaching/GM by committee". 

Quote:I love the people in this thread who are talking like they have any idea how the chain of command in this organization works.
You dont hire Tom Coughlin as the VP of Football operations which was what Shack Harris was without giving him full control. Coughlin wanted Maronne, Coughlin is your GM. Caldwell is the GM, but those moves have to be approved by the board which is Tom Coughlin. 

so awesome. im thrilled with the jaguars right now. not much else to say. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

I figured this was going to be the case with Coughlin

Quote:TBH, with how inept this franchise is, I am actually cool with a "coaching/GM by committee". 

If that's how it turns out, I'm cool with that too...  I'm not sure how much Marrone is gonna be OK with Tom Coughlin walking the sidelines during practice and Sundays.  Or if Tom's gonna be there breaking down film with Marrone...

But if that's what happens, I'd be good with that too!  I'm not sure that's how it's gonna work out though...

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM by MojoKing.)

][Image: 1hd7r3.jpg]

Quote:If that's how it turns out, I'm cool with that too...  I'm not sure how much Marrone is gonna be OK with Tom Coughlin walking the sidelines during practice and Sundays.  Or if Tom's gonna be there breaking down film with Marrone...

But if that's what happens, I'd be good with that too!  I'm not sure that's how it's gonna work out though...

"Doug, I like what you have done here, and here, but not so much here. Now go fetch me coffee boy!"

Quote:"Doug, I like what you have done here, and here, but not so much here. Now go fetch me coffee boy!"

That would be the dream scenario!!  

Quote:Trying to think of his history of his first round picks  Boselli. Donovan Darius, Fred Taylor, Aaron Beasley, Wynn, RJ Soward.

Most of those players were pretty good.  Wynn was meh. Soward a total bust.  I think Tom was so stung by our devestating AFC Conference loss that he lost his mind and picked Soward.

James Stewart and Fernando Bryant also come to mind as former TC 1st Round picks.