Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne, Young, and Bowanko start on Sunday

I'm just waiting for someone on this team to take advantage of the once in a lifetime opportunity they have, my expectations are low but this is an excellent opportunity for a guy like Luke Bowanko to entrench himself as the Jaguars starting center over the next decade or so, assuming if he plays well, take advantage of it as you only get so many chances in this league. The Jaguars desperately need some of the guys taken in the latter part of the draft to pay dividends, if you look at the winning organizations around the league, most (if not all of them) were able to find good players later in the draft, it expedites the rebuilding process. If you're a young unheralded player, Jacksonville is a place that presents a lot of opportunity; seize it for god’s sake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:then you're an idiot for gambling your money away

Besides, is it really gambling when you are picking up the Jaguars opponents?

I guarantee we will see Bortles taking snaps Sunday. Book it!

Quote:Wow. Is that really any of your business?

you shared.  I commented.  you're an idiot IMO.  again, JMO

Quote:I'm just waiting for someone on this team to take advantage of the once in a lifetime opportunity they have, my expectations are low but this is an excellent opportunity for a guy like Luke Bowanko to entrench himself as the Jaguars starting center over the next decade or so, assuming if he plays well, take advantage of it as you only get so many chances in this league. The Jaguars desperately need some of the guys taken in the latter part of the draft to pay dividends, if you look at the winning organizations around the league, most (if not all of them) were able to find good players later in the draft, it expedites the rebuilding process. If you're a young unheralded player, Jacksonville is a place that presents a lot of opportunity; seize it for god’s sake.

Seems like Bowanko was kind of the guy they wanted for that spot when the picked him. Another rookie being brought along slowly. Hopefully he does seize the opportunity.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:I guarantee we will see Bortles taking snaps Sunday. Book it!

no

Quote:you shared.  I commented.  you're an idiot IMO.  again, JMO

So, you classify anybody that gambles as an idiot? Is that correct?

Quote:Seems like Bowanko was kind of the guy they wanted for that spot when the picked him. Another rookie being brought along slowly. Hopefully he does seize the opportunity.

Being brought along slowly?  He was playing by week 2.

Incas3 anyone isnt aware..FBT and his few followers have been here since this board started and to this day have yet to question anything our coaches or management have ever done.. instead they trust in them with undying faith and instead put down and belittle anyone who comes to this board unhappy.. then when the regime they so faithfully defended gets fired and they were proven wrong, they start right over with undying defense of the next regime and start right where they left off. I come back and nothing has changed. I cant count how many posters they have chased away from this board or gotten banned.. yet they continue to do the same thing. FBT defended shack and then gene and then mularkey ect ect .. all proved to be incpmpetent but all the while he belittled anyone who dare questioned their abilities. He continues to do it again.

Hey FBT, at some point we have to have a winning season again right? Then after all these years you can finally say "I told you so" LOL

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 11:15 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Incas3 anyone isnt aware..FBT and his few followers have been here since this board started and to this day have yet to question anything our coaches or management have ever done.. instead they trust in them with undying faith and instead put down and belittle anyone who comes to this board unhappy.. then when the regime they so faithfully defended gets fired and they were proven wrong, they start right over with undying defense of the next regime and start right where they left off. I come back and nothing has changed. I cant count how many posters they have chased away from this board or gotten banned.. yet they continue to do the same thing. FBT defended shack and then gene and then mularkey ect ect .. all proved to be incpmpetent but all the while he belittled anyone who dare questioned their abilities. He continues to do it again.

Hey FBT, at some point we have to have a winning season again right? Then after all these years you can finally say "I told you so" LOL

Trust the coaches. They are smarter than us - FBT.

Great post by the way. Totally true.

Quote:Being brought along slowly? He was playing by week 2.

Well he was probably targeted as the starter but didn't play out of the gate because he wasn't ready. My guess is he's probably being pressed into service before they really want. Dang, you got me. I probably should have said "pressed into service more quickly than they wanted" instead.

Quote:Well he was probably targeted as the starter but didn't play out of the gate because he wasn't ready. My guess is he's probably being pressed into service before they really want. Dang, you got me. I probably should have said "pressed into service more quickly than they wanted" instead.

So why does he have to be the sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves while Blake is safe and snuggled on the sideline?  Seems unfair.

Quote:So why does he have to be the sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves while Blake is safe and snuggled on the sideline?  Seems unfair.

Because one is a center and the other is a franchise quarterback? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Because one is a center and the other is a franchise quarterback? 

I guess... still, very unfair.  Centers are people too.

Quote:I'm just waiting for someone on this team to take advantage of the once in a lifetime opportunity they have, my expectations are low but this is an excellent opportunity for a guy like Luke Bowanko to entrench himself as the Jaguars starting center over the next decade or so, assuming if he plays well, take advantage of it as you only get so many chances in this league. The Jaguars desperately need some of the guys taken in the latter part of the draft to pay dividends, if you look at the winning organizations around the league, most (if not all of them) were able to find good players later in the draft, it expedites the rebuilding process. If you're a young unheralded player, Jacksonville is a place that presents a lot of opportunity; seize it for god’s sake.

I would think OL would be one of, if not THE most difficult places to make such a leap though. I'm not sure it's feasible to expect such from an offensive lineman.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Incas3 anyone isnt aware..FBT and his few followers have been here since this board started and to this day have yet to question anything our coaches or management have ever done.. instead they trust in them with undying faith and instead put down and belittle anyone who comes to this board unhappy.. then when the regime they so faithfully defended gets fired and they were proven wrong, they start right over with undying defense of the next regime and start right where they left off. I come back and nothing has changed. I cant count how many posters they have chased away from this board or gotten banned.. yet they continue to do the same thing. FBT defended shack and then gene and then mularkey ect ect .. all proved to be incpmpetent but all the while he belittled anyone who dare questioned their abilities. He continues to do it again.

Some people just don't believe in message board tantrums over things they have 0 control over.  

Huh

Quote:I would think OL would be one of, if not THE most difficult places to make such a leap though. I'm not sure it's feasible to expect such from an offensive lineman.

It's obviously a tough position to play, but it's not unreasonable to think a rookie can come and play above expectations, it happens all the time. Larry Warford of the Detroit Lions was an example of that last year.

Quote:Some people just don't believe in message board tantrums over things they have 0 control over.  

So, now voicing disagreement with the franchise' decisions are considered tantrums? Got it.

Quote:So why does he have to be the sacrificial lamb thrown to the wolves while Blake is safe and snuggled on the sideline? Seems unfair.

Are you asking rhetorically or me personally? If the latter, I'd probably answer that Bortles is your future franchise QB and the QB position takes longer to learn than OC. Also I'd probably say that Bowanko in spite of being a starter now *is* just a 6th round pick.

Quote:Some people just don't believe in message board tantrums over things they have 0 control over.  

I don't see anyone throwing a tantrum on this board, some of you or so sensitive. If you think this board as bad, go check any message board of a losing organization, the Browns, Raiders, Bills, Pittsburgh Pirates for years, the Milwaukee Brewers for years, the Kansas City Royals for years etc., it's a message board, which is simply a reflection of the team. There's no problem with fans voicing their displeasures or disagreements with an organization that consistently loses, I'd be more concerned with our fan base if this board was empty, that's not the case because there are a lot of passionate people out there. We all want Dave and Gus to succeed, if they succeed the Jaguars succeed, but this regime doesn't have a track record that makes them infallible, and there's nothing wrong with fans discussion or voicing their concerns, fan=fanatic.