Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any chance Jerry Sullivan could reclamate Stephen Hill?.....

Quote:Wanting a potential boom player like Stephen Hill for cheap is now "trolling"? ....'k.  

Potential boom player? LOL

I hope if he is cut that he signs with Houston or Indy so you can tell us how they got the steal of century and the Jaguars will regret the day they did not sign him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We'll rue the day Hill is in Houston with Mallet throwing to him and O'Brien coaching 'em up.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 11:33 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Potential boom player? LOL

I hope if he is cut that he signs with Houston or Indy so you can tell us how they got the steal of century and the Jaguars will regret the day they did not sign him.

You're another one who would have probably scoffed at someone suggesting the Jags add Jimmy Smith or Keenan McCardell before those additions happened. They both were pretty much disappointments before they got here. Jimmy Smith was a very high potential player too. Much like Hill. 

Quote:Regardless of who was throwing him the ball, guys like Jeremy Kerley and David Nelson were more productive.

Even though Sullivan is a great coach, not sure you can coach hands, either have it or you don't

The thing is, we've seen Hill make great acrobatic catches. What he lacks is the consistency to haul in the routine catches. Catching is not just a black/white deal with "good hands" or "bad hands". There's other things that factor why a wr can't make consistent catches.

Fred Taylor was often labeled as having "bad hands", when the truth is if you watch him enough, you see he has good enough hands. The problem he had was that he always turned his head away from the ball, looking to make a move before he even caught it, leading to a drop.

Without really having seen Hill enough, I really can't say if its something like that. But that's why, if the opportunity is there and there is little risk, then you let your master WR coach figure out "hey, is this guy fixable?"

If he is, then the reward is incredibly high given what likely is needed to bring him in.

Quote:....unless you're trading a roster bubble player of your own to acquire Hill, I'd add. 

I'd trade Ace Sanders for him. Same difference...with Doss here, Ace is expendable. 

So you'd be willing to trade Ace Sanders for a 7th round pick?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:So you'd be willing to trade Ace Sanders for a 7th round pick?

I'd be willing to trade Ace Sanders for Hill straight up. 

Quote:You're another one who would have probably scoffed at someone suggesting the Jags add Jimmy Smith or Keenan McCardell before those additions happened. They both were pretty much disappointments before they got here. Jimmy Smith was a very high potential player too. Much like Hill. 

What the hell are you talking about?

How was McCardell a "disappointment" as a 12th round pick? He had a good year in 1995 and was considered an ascending player (and sought after free agent) when the Jaguars signed him in 1996.

Quote:I'd be willing to trade Ace Sanders for Hill straight up. 

So yes, then?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:What the hell are you talking about?

How was McCardell a "disappointment" as a 12th round pick? He had a good year in 1995 and was considered an ascending player (and sought after free agent) when the Jaguars signed him in 1996.

Ok I stand corrected with "disappointment' for Keenan as that wasn't/ isn't the accurate term. 

However, he wasn't seen as some fast riser as you claim, either. He was pretty much a Troy Edwards/ Northcutt level producer for Cleveland....he didn't "break out" until with Jacksonville. 

Jimmy Smith however, was indeed a disappointment as he was a pretty high pick and much was expected of him. 

Quote:I'd be willing to trade Ace Sanders for Hill straight up. 

The only reason I would do that is because Sanders is one strike from a one year suspension a la Justin Blackmon. 

And anyone who says he's learned his lesson and won't do it again is ignoring the fact that his 4 game suspension comes from getting caught a second time.   It takes two strikes to get a 4 game suspension. 

Quote:So yes, then?

Yeah, probably. Especially with the 4 game suspension thing. He was a mid rounder to begin with. 

Quote:The only reason I would do that is because Sanders is one strike from a one year suspension a la Justin Blackmon. 

And anyone who says he's learned his lesson and won't do it again is ignoring the fact that his 4 game suspension comes from getting caught a second time.   It takes two strikes to get a 4 game suspension. 

I'll bite that bullet with someone like Blackmon since he has top 5 talent and has proven it on the field. 

Ace Sanders is a smallish, marginal player whose ceiling is not that high, and like it or not, production matters in the 2 circumstances. 

Hill is a physical freak on par with Calvin Johnson in terms of athleticism.

That said, i don't think I would trade Ace straight up for him. If he hits free agency, I'd definitely like to give him a look.

Quote:Ok I stand corrected with "disappointment' for Keenan as that wasn't/ isn't the accurate term. 

However, he wasn't seen as some fast riser as you claim, either. He was pretty much a Troy Edwards/ Northcutt level producer for Cleveland....he didn't "break out" until with Jacksonville. 

Jimmy Smith however, was indeed a disappointment as he was a pretty high pick and much was expected of him. 

I know what McCardell was when the Jaguars signed him. He was a sought after free agent when the Jaguars signed him.

As for Smith. His issue in Dallas was he was never on the field. He broke his leg as a rookie. And then had an appendectomy his second year that nearly cost him his life.

Hill has been a bust on the field.

Nothing like Jimmy or Keenan.

Why has no one answered me on whether or not reclamate is a word?

I feel like this needs more attention than it is currently garnering.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Why has no one answered me on whether or not reclamate is a word?

I feel like this needs more attention than it is currently garnering.

well whats the proper spelling then? I'm sure people know the word I'm meaning. Either part of the solution or part of the problem...

I think you mean to write either "Can Jerry Sullivan make Stephen hill a reclamation project?" or "Can Jerry Sullivan help Stephen Hill reclaim his career?"

But that's just me and I'm not so great with the English language.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Hill has shown diddly squat? They have about the same number of catches. Hill has more TD's. YPA is way higher. Sanders is a midget, who's not fast and doesn't break tackles...thus what you see is pretty much the ceiling of what you're going to get. .......AAAAAAAND he's now 1 strike away from being suspended a year.

A career YPA of 13 is not way higher.

Quote:So you've changed your act on Fisch? Got it. 
Schticks must evolve. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:A career YPA of 13 is not way higher.

its way higher than sub 10 YPC