Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It could be the same QB decision made in 2007

Quote:Somehow Blaine Gabbert always gets into this conversation.  It's as if Blaine Gabbert is more relevant to when Blake starts than Chad Henne.  Ya, that makes sense.

Kind of like having a bad experience with a girlfriend, and worrying that it might happen again.

"Yeah, everything was fine until she had a little tequila....then she went after me with the steak knife"

So..now we don't want to take a new chick for some Mexican food.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Kind of like having a bad experience with a girlfriend, and worrying that it might happen again.

"Yeah, everything was fine until she had a little tequila....then she went after me with the steak knife"

So..now we don't want to take a new chick for some Mexican food.

very good analogy.

"We're giving Blake every chance to make the decision super-hard for us."

With 8 snaps?

The only logical reason I can think of to sit Bortles would be because of our offensive line issues. However, in pass pro our line has actually looked much better in comparison to last year. We aren't overpowering in the running game but we can at least look down field to throw. If Bortles looks good with/against 1's in Detroit I don't know how you ignore that going into the regular season where everyone will be chomping at the bit to play him especially when/if the offense is lethargic.

No pain, no gain.

Take into account we arent getting blitzed and defenses are still getting back there should tell you our OLine is def not fixed.

Quote:Take into account we arent getting blitzed and defenses are still getting back there should tell you our OLine is def not fixed.

Teams still blitz in preseason

Jags have been blitzed what like 3 times. Are u watching same games we are?

Quote:Jags have been blitzed what like 3 times. Are u watching same games we are?
This ^

Blake has seen no real pressure thus far, and the interior of this line is far from solid. 

The blitzes the Lions sent last week were crazy and i expect Henne to be laying on the turf quite a few times come friday night. Proballly Bortles too if that OLine cant figure things out.

Mike Pettine

"There is no substitute for live game reps."

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM by NOIS.)

Quote:The blitzes the Lions sent last week were crazy and i expect Henne to be laying on the turf quite a few times come friday night. Proballly Bortles too if that OLine cant figure things out.
Yes, Henne is not known to escape the blitz. But, have you considered Bortles' size and ability to extend the play? I like Bortles chances behind our Oline more than I do Henne's. At a glance Bortles has an elite presence in game--the kind that elevates other players around him.

No one is safe.

Quote:Yes, Henne is not known to escape the blitz. But, have you considered Bortles' size and ability to extend the play? I like Bortles chances behind our Oline more than I do Henne's. At a glance Bortles has an elite presence in game--the kind that elevates other players around him.

We can't handle a blitz apparently.  If a team starts blitzing... welp, we should just throw in the towel because we have no answer for that.

Quote:Gus has stuck to his "Henne is the starter" but nobody is buying it.

Jeff Saturday and the rest of the talking heads are asking how do you keep Bortles on the bench with the performance he is having this preseason.

Henne surely won't be cut but Bortles is forcing their hand.

A lights out game against Detroit, will all but shut the door on the coach's original plan.

Bortles is showing them he doesn't need to sit. At this point, he is our best chance of winning and that is what it will come down to.

When they paid Henne the 4 million he understood he most likely wasnt going to be the starter during that whole time but that he had every opportunity to compete for it.  Why would they cut him, he's still an okay backup.  I mean he's a better option than Ricky Stanzi if Bortles gets injured.

Quote:We can't handle a blitz apparently. If a team starts blitzing... welp, we should just throw in the towel because we have no answer for that.
What have you seen from this OLine in the past 12 months that make you think we could protect the QB against blitzing.

Quote:What have you seen from this OLine in the past 12 months that make you think we could protect the QB against blitzing.

I know man.  We shouldn't even play.  There is always next season.

Quote:I know man. We shouldn't even play. There is always next season.

But look at it on the positive side. If Bortles never plays he'll never get hurt.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:But look at it on the positive side. If Bortles never plays he'll never get hurt.

True.  Better to play it safe.  Might have to pull Henne too if teams blitz and put Stanzi back there.... nobody cares about Stanzi.

Quote:I know man. We shouldn't even play. There is always next season.
Exactly now your getting it you would be better off watching tennis its focus is on 2 people, its alot slower and less complicated.

Quote:Exactly now your getting it you would be better off watching tennis its focus is on 2 people, its alot slower and less complicated.

get mad

Haha not even close