Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Texas Tech reinstates Nigel Bethel II after punching women BB player

All I'm saying is that there's a double standard at work when a woman can act like a man (throw a punch) and be exempt from the normal repercussions of such behavior (getting punched in return) for no other reason than her gender. I wouldn't hit her, but I can sympathize with someone who would, especially with all the White Knighting going on in this thread. 

Edit: And my daughters are taught that you don't hit anyone first but if you get hit you be sure to hit last.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'd like to see the facts that back this up because from my experiences the vast majority of men are much, much stronger physically, and have stronger frames then the vast majority of women. Men have the advantages way more often then not as well in tensile strenght. Combine that with the natural muscle and it's just not a fair match.

Millions of women bigger and stronger then millions of men? Say what?

I'll use the 20-29 age range for weight/height to give a general view. Feel free to dive into it more, but I don't feel like putting that much more time into it.

-20.9 percent of the male population weigh less than 150 pounds. 50.3 percent of women weigh 150 pounds or more. If you translate that to total census numbers and it would mean more than 30,000,000 males weigh less than 150 pounds. It would mean Over 78,000,000 females weigh more than 150 pounds.

-11.6 percent of the male population is shorter than 5'6. 17.7 percent of the female population is 5'6 or taller. Translate that to total census numbers and that would mean over 17,500,000 men are shorter than 5'6. It would mean 27,000,000 females are 5'6 or taller.

Sources:

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/brief...0br-03.pdf

https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/...2s0209.pdf

Quote:All I'm saying is that there's a double standard at work when a woman can act like a man (throw a punch) and be exempt from the normal repercussions of such behavior (getting punched in return) for no other reason than her gender. I wouldn't hit her, but I can sympathize with someone who would, especially with all the White Knighting going on in this thread. 
I completely get that. I do, but what you are legally allowed to do, and what should be done regarding the situation are, in my opinion, very different for the many reasons posted. There's a warped sense of reality to link a man being hit by a woman is on par with equal rights. To each their own on their line of thinking, but it's physically crazy to punch a woman. When heated, your not controlling the strength of a punch when I believe the vast majority of the time walking away, restraining, getting other people around to help, etc are all better options. Let the law work in your favor, you'll come out on top much better. IMO, of course.

And to clarify, defending for your life, or retaliating simply after a women hits you are two different things. Complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Think about all of the women in college sports, professional sports, the military, labor intensive jobs, etc. I'll take any woman with that kind of physicality over guys like this 7 days a week.

[Image: still5.jpg]

[Image: SkinnyNerd1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI...2047885372]

Quote:I'll use the 20-29 age range for weight/height to give a general view. Feel free to dive into it more, but I don't feel like putting that much more time into it.

-20.9 percent of the male population weigh less than 150 pounds. 50.3 percent of women weigh 150 pounds or more. If you translate that to total census numbers and it would mean more than 30,000,000 males weigh less than 150 pounds. It would mean Over 78,000,000 females weigh more than 150 pounds.

-11.6 percent of the male population is shorter than 5'6. 17.7 percent of the female population is 5'6 or taller. Translate that to total census numbers and that would mean over 17,500,000 men are shorter than 5'6. It would mean 27,000,000 females are 5'6 or taller.

Sources:

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/brief...0br-03.pdf

https://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/...2s0209.pdf
Height/Weight do not dictate strength. Are you serious?? I know guys who are 120 pounds who are stronger and physically more able then guys who are 220. You can't be serious here, can you?

;

Quote:I was thinking of this earlier, but stayed away, but you are spot on.

Funny he didnt respond to it.

Quote:By the way, I'd appreciate it if you guys did a little research on the case if you are going to get this involved with it. There was no-broken jaw or any structural damaged involved. I don't know why I keep seeing the "broken jaw" rhetoric brought up like that's what happened.

Quote: 

She appears to shove Battle who reciprocates with a punch that broke a bone in her face.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/07/16/nigel-b...dismissed/

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 01:27 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Height/Weight do not dictate strength. Are you serious?? I know guys who are 120 pounds who are stronger and physically more able then guys who are 220. You can't be serious here, can you?

In reading his responses throughout this thread, its becoming clear he is more interested in defending Bethel's hitting a woman than the "self defense" angle.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Funny he didnt respond to it.

Yes I did, top of this page. My daughters better not put themselves in the position where they earned someone hitting them, but if someone starts it they are to finish it by whatever means necessary to ensure their safety.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It means exaggerated patriotism, but that's not germane.

Male chauvinist  right?

Quote:Male chauvinist  right?

Male chauvinism means you believe in the inherent inferiority of the female gender. Like saying that men can't defend themselves against women because men are bigger and stronger than women. It's a blanket generalization that makes for really bad arguments.

Quote:In reading his responses throughout this thread, its becoming more clear he is more interested in defending Bethel's hitting a woman than the "self defense" angle.
Yes. That was his original stance. Then the gross loss of common sense crept in.

;

Quote:Yes I did, top of this page. My daughters better not put themselves in the position where they earned someone hitting them, but if someone starts it they are to finish it by whatever means necessary to ensure their safety.
That's a huge part of the equation too. Hanging around with, or in places, or with people who would do this in the first place should be avoided.

;

Know what else you shouldn't hit?

A DEAD HORSE.

Quote:Yes I did, top of this page. My daughters better not put themselves in the position where they earned someone hitting them, but if someone starts it they are to finish it by whatever means necessary to ensure their safety.

Quote:All I'm saying is that there's a double standard at work when a woman can act like a man (throw a punch) and be exempt from the normal repercussions of such behavior (getting punched in return) for no other reason than her gender. I wouldn't hit her, but I can sympathize with someone who would, especially with all the White Knighting going on in this thread. 

Edit: And my daughters are taught that you don't hit anyone first but if you get hit you be sure to hit last.

Being attacked repeatedly and defending yourself is totally different from suffering from one swing and having a opportunity to walk away if possible.

Quote:Being attacked repeatedly and defending yourself is totally different from suffering from one swing and having a opportunity to walk away if possible.
Complete opposite ends of the spectrum, correct.

;

Quote:Height/Weight do not dictate strength. Are you serious?? I know guys who are 120 pounds who are stronger and physically more able then guys who are 220. You can't be serious here, can you?

I can and did prove that millions of men are smaller than millions of females. You know, as well as I do, that proving "strength" is difficult and entirely subjective. Are we talking upper body strength? Core strength? Leg strength? Hit force?

Out of the 30,000,000 men under 150 pounds, just take the WEAKEST 7%. Out of the Females 150 or more, take the STRONGEST 7%. I think that is more than reasonable and still leaves you with 2+ million men being weaker than 2+ million women.

Like I said:

....Guys like that make up more than just a small fraction of the population.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2014, 01:51 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I can and did prove that millions of men are smaller than millions of females. You know, as well as I do, that proving "strength" is difficult and entirely subjective. Are we talking upper body strength? Core strength? Leg strength? Hit force?

Out of the 30,000,000 men under 150 pounds, just take the WEAKEST 7%. Out of the Females 150 or more, take the STRONGEST 7%. I think that is more than reasonable and still leaves you with 2+ million men being weaker than 2+ million women.

Like I said:

....Guys like that make up more than just a small fraction of the population.
Being smaller in height or weight doesn't correlate to being weaker, particularly when comparing males and females. Do you not see this?

The common sense meter isn't even registering anymore.

Quick edit, last comment.....If the woman doing the hitting is bigger, faster, stronger then the man, isn't that even more of a reason to get out of dodge? Just a thought.

;

Quote:Know what else you shouldn't hit?

A DEAD HORSE.

Nope. Had it coming, so it gets it.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Male chauvinism means you believe in the inherent inferiority of the female gender. Like saying that men can't defend themselves against women because men are bigger and stronger than women. It's a blanket generalization that makes for really bad arguments.

Such as.........

Quote:Not really, you see it in all aspects of life from differing standards for military fitness to the whining about "equal pay for equal work" when the truth is that women don't work the same as men. If women want to be treated like men then they should expect to be treated like men. Throw a punch? You deserve what you get. Why don't you people want women to have equal responsibilities for their equal rights? Very paternalistic of you. The truth is that women DON'T want equality with men, they want all the privilege with none of the responsibility. This girl was playing ball with the boys, tried to be one by throwing a punch but shouldn't have to deal with the repercussions of doing so? Balderdash.

Quote:Being smaller in height or weight doesn't correlate to being weaker, particularly when comparing males and females. Do you not see this?

The common sense meter isn't even registering anymore.

Did you fail to read where I agreed with you? This is why I proposed the following:

-Say about 30,000,000 males are smaller in height and weight than 78,000,000 female.

-Take the WEAKEST 7% of those smaller males. In other words, out of every 14 guys, you tell the strongest 13 to go home and only take the WEAKEST 1.

-Take the STRONGEST 3% of those larger females. In other words, out of every 33 females, you take the STRONGEST 1 and tell the weakest 32 to go home.

If you did that, you would still be left with over 2,000,000 males and 2,000,000 females.