Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So.....does the team lack talent or was it a lack of competent leadership from Gus?

I don't think this team has the talent level of an 11-win team; it's probably closer to 8 wins. So it's a little bit of both I guess. We've overestimated the talent level and Bradley has done a horrible job getting results as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't think this team has the talent level of an 11-win team; it's probably closer to 8 wins. So it's a little bit of both I guess. We've overestimated the talent level and Bradley has done a horrible job getting results as well.

Against the AFC West it's probably a .500 team, but against the afcs it should be a winning team. Purely from a talent standpoint.

Quote:Great game no matter how you look at it and the fact that it was against the tacks makes it all the sweeter.  Great Christmas present from the Jags to the fans.  With that said, it was one game.  Not ready to anoint Marrone just yet as any competent coach is bound to be an improvement after the last few years with Bradley.  Let's see how the team does in the final game of the season.  I do think they should have them on the short list of candidates though, they've said several times they want a leader with previous head coaching experience.  If they do retain him as HC, how about bringing in Coughlin as President of Football Operations and demoting Caldwell (assuming he'll accept it) to President of Player Personnel?

naw, you must have forgotten what coughlins "managing" got us into in the early 2000s

Quote:naw, you must have forgotten what coughlins "managing" got us into in the early 2000s

There were quite a few teams in salary cap hell in the early 2000s.  It was still new enough that teams were still figuring out how to deal with it properly.  I'm not really advocating Coughlin though, at 71 before next season starts I think there's better alternatives.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:There were quite a few teams in salary cap hell in the early 2000s. It was still new enough that teams were still figuring out how to deal with it properly. I'm not really advocating Coughlin though, at 71 before next season starts I think there's better alternatives.
on top of Idzik managing money now

Quote:Keep in mind this is the same team that got their [BAD WORD REMOVED] handed to them on national TV against the tacks.
To answer both questions... yes. We do lack talent at key positions (including quarterback) and our o-line. We also, unfortunately, were victimized by an inexperienced head coach and too many poor assistant coaches. 

They clearly must've gotten on Bortles last week about being reckless with the football as he was almost too conservative on a few plays during the game where he threw the ball away too early where there was probably room for him to run at the very least.  I'll take that over pick 6's though.  He did do that stupid shovel pass that fortunately fell incomplete and could have gone much worse.  I don't think we're out of the woods with Bortles by any means, but Saturday's game was encouraging.  

The timing of the firing of Gus was just awful though.  Not only the fact that it happened as he was getting on the plane, but just as importantly what week it happened during the season.  Either give Marrone at least 6 games or none at all should have been the plan going into the season.  Coach firing related player performance boosts happen and how will we be able to separate that from actual value being added by Marrone?

Meh I was fine with that shovel pass, beats taking a sack. You see QBs make that same move every week
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I jus gotta say...

Watching us smash Tennessee...

I felt like we were much better prepared.

Much more relaxed...

The list goes on and on .

It felt to me like we had a well coached team on game day.

First time since ....

Hell 4 years ago