Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave eyeing Josh McDaniels?

Quote:Id probably do better than Shad.
Welp!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I want Coughlin in the mix here again. I would vastly prefer him as a coach. He wasn't stellar as a GM. I could see Caldwell staying on with significant player input from Coughlin.

I think there would be an instant turnaround.

As an additional morsel of food for thought, I could see TC trying to pry Dom Capers away from Green Bay.

It would make things interesting for sure.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I think McDaniels would be my first choice of coaches who will be available...albeit, I admit that I don't pay too much attention to other teams coaching staffs.
The only problem I have with McDaniels is his pick of Tebow....If he is the coach here, he should not have a say of personnel.  Especially QB.  I posted in another thread Matt Patricia.  Dude has a scrub defense, but is killing opposing offenses, and his d unit is giving up the least amount of points in the league.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

You guys talk about Rex Ryan like he's a defensive god. Have you seen what he's done to Buffalo's D? Took one of the best 4-3 teams two years ago (top 5 D before he came) and absolutely destroyed it because he HAS to play a 3-4.  Good coaches adjust to a player's strength, not force him into some garbage role not suited for him.

BORTLES ISN'T A FRANCHISE QB. FOURNETTE WILL BE A BUST.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2016, 11:45 PM by GlockBortles.)

Quote:The only problem I have with McDaniels is his pick of Tebow....If he is the coach here, he should not have a say of personnel. Especially QB. I posted in another thread Matt Patricia. Dude has a scrub defense, but is killing opposing offenses, and his d unit is giving up the least amount of points in the league.
all head coaches have some say of personnel unless your gm is a tyrant moron. He wont have full word but his opinion still has to be taken serious given he has to play these guys.

Quote:Josh mcdaniels.

Wonder if he'll bring in Tebow to compete
Really...that's not gonna happen. The fact some people still want this guy makes me shake my head. Gator fans and Tebow mania....just wow.

Quote:I want Coughlin in the mix here again. I would vastly prefer him as a coach. He wasn't stellar as a GM. I could see Caldwell staying on with significant player input from Coughlin.

As an additional morsel of food for thought, I could see TC trying to pry Dom Capers away from Green Bay.

I'm with you. There's already been an obvious link and news with Coughlin though so they aren't going to keep pumping stories about him until interviews/Gus actually gets fired happening. Feel like we're just getting a list of guys that are expected to be in the mix for us.

Coughlin, Mike Smith, Josh McDaniels...anyone else so far? 

Smith is obviously the lesser of the 3 there but I do like him. He's a veteran guy who has had success as a HC and turned around that TB D quickly and it's a pretty damn impresive unit now. Sure it had talent, but prior coaches couldn't get that out of them.

He's a bit down on my list but I certainly would prefer him to some inexperience guy that doesn't have a ton of upside. 

Coughlin, Patricia/McDaniels (I do get worried due to NE coaching tree in the past, but they are both very good candidates), Terryl Austin, and Jim Schwartz (I like this guy a lot...defensive guru and I think he had a rough shake out in Detroit. Got a buddy who is a huge DET fan that hated them for letting him out the door) are probably my top guys. Shanahan is interesting too.

It's all moot with Oehser in the building. The entire New England staff could come here and still not overcome the curse. Gotta cut the head off the Dragon to kill it.

Quote:It's all moot with Oehser in the building. The entire New England staff could come here and still not overcome the curse. Gotta cut the head off the Dragon to kill it.

You cannot kill that which is already dead.
[Image: 29bfu2v.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 02:50 AM by Tuxedo.)

^ I'm tempted to make this my new avatar, but my current one encapsulates my feelings too well.

Quote:I want Coughlin in the mix here again. I would vastly prefer him as a coach. He wasn't stellar as a GM. I could see Caldwell staying on with significant player input from Coughlin.

Finally, we agree on something.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 02:26 PM by Caldrac.)

I don't know if I like this option. Name me one coordinator or assistant under Bill Belichick's coaching tree since his success in New England that's branched off into a successful start up elsewhere. You can't. They've either been just below average or right at average overall. McDaniels gets a lot of credit along with Patricia but is it really them or Belichick? 

I am not saying McDaniels can't be successful. But I just don't trust the idea or believe in him. I'd rather see names like Mike Smith, David Shaw or Todd Haley being thrown around right now over McDaniels. As far as Coughlin coming back? I am all for it. I don't care if he's the next head coach or vice president of football operations. This team needs a man of Coughlin's caliber around here to help out at any capacity. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:I don't know if I like this option. Name me one coordinator or assistant under Bill Belichick's coaching tree since his success in New England that's branched off into a successful start up elsewhere. You can't. 
Bill O'Brien has a strong chance to win his second AFCS title in two years, and with utter garbage at QB. 

Quote:Bill O'Brien has a strong chance to win his second AFCS title in two years, and with utter garbage at QB.

In an utter garbage division.

Bill O'Brien is overrated. Still coaches an average team at best with a strong defense. This is a weak AFC South and he's supposed to be good at identifying and coaching up the QB position and that's been his number one issue since he took the job in Houston. The tacks are on the cusp of dominating this division for years to come as long as Mariota continues to grow as a QB and their defense improves. They could honestly win this division and surprise a 5th or 6th seeded team in Tennessee in about four weeks. 

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:Bill O'Brien is overrated. Still coaches an average team at best with a strong defense. This is a weak AFC South and he's supposed to be good at identifying and coaching up the QB position and that's been his number one issue since he took the job in Houston. The tacks are on the cusp of dominating this division for years to come as long as Mariota continues to grow as a QB and their defense improves. They could honestly win this division and surprise a 5th or 6th seeded team in Tennessee in about four weeks. 
Sounds like we are in agreement that the QB matters much more than the head coach.

Quote:Sounds like we are in agreement that the QB matters much more than the head coach.

In truth. It depends. Because we've seen teams win with sub par or average QB play in the past. Just depends on what system is being used, is it run heavy? pass heavy? Do they have a defense capable of carrying a weak offense? I still think a good head coach can make magic out of lunch meat. 

lol ... Tom Coughlin, Dom Capers and Monte Kiffen. We'd have The Golden Girls as our coaching staff. (We could add Mike Shannahan as OC. He'll "only" be 65 next August.)

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:lol ... Tom Coughlin, Dom Capers and Monte Kiffen. We'd have The Golden Girls as our coaching staff. (We could add Mike Shannahan as OC. He'll "only" be 65 next August.)

The fact that you hate it means it's a damn good idea.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:The fact that you hate it means it's a damn good idea.

Walkers for everyone!

And you're just living in the past.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.