Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Of the last 15 drafts here are the QB's selected #1 overall. You tell me if losing now is worth the continued disappointment of not getting better. And before you say well Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel are light years better you can't verify that based upon college stats because all of these guys were "can't miss" prospects.

Tim Couch

Mike Vick

David Carr

Carson Palmer

Eli Manning

Alex Smith

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Stafford

Sam Bradford

Cam Newton

Andrew Luck

If you're looking to continue losing so we get the #1 pick for QB you're rolling the dice at the expense of continuing developing a losing culture in the locker room. Of that list only Eli Manning has won a Super Bowl and that's mostly due to good coaching and defense. Many here would not consider Eli even elite.

Of that list I would only consider Eli, Luck, and Stafford worth losing for and they are already NFL proven, not college propect.

Regards............the Chiefjag

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Of the last 15 drafts here are the QB's selected #1 overall. You tell me if losing now is worth the continued disappointment of not getting better. And before you say well Bridgewater or Mariota or Manziel are light years better you can't verify that based upon college stats because all of these guys were "can't miss" prospects.

Tim Couch

Mike Vick

David Carr

Carson Palmer

Eli Manning

Alex Smith

Jamarcus Russell

Matt Stafford

Sam Bradford

Cam Newton

Andrew Luck

If you're looking to continue losing so we get the #1 pick for QB you're rolling the dice at the expense of continuing developing a losing culture in the locker room. Of that list only Eli Manning has won a Super Bowl and that's mostly due to good coaching and defense. Many here would not consider Eli even elite.

Of that list I would only consider Eli, Luck, and Stafford worth losing for and they are already NFL proven, not college propect.

You're rolling the dice anyway.  This team isn't trying to lose.  There's no 'losing culture' in the locker room.  The team just doesn't have the talent to win.  We don't have players that aren't trying to win.  We have players that are unable to win.  If Tennessee had come to play yesterday, we'd probably still have lost.  But we'd have still probably had that awesome Will Blackmon strip for a touchdown.  What we don't want is gift wins, because that creates a culture of taking what they give.  This team needs to start taking what they want, they just don't have the talent to do so at this point.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:What are the chances Watt would sign with the Jags?
[Image: 85764.png]

Quote:I'm referring to him getting an MRI yesterday because of his game against San Diego. I figured that was the game you were talking about.

Well yeah he aggravated it in San Diego but he came into that game on the team's injury report.

Chiefjag, Eli Manning and Andrew Luck are very good quarterbacks. Alex Smith appeared to be a bust when his real problem was having bad coaches. Michael Vick as a Falcon was much better than Michael Vick as an Eagle, but even in Philadelphia he is pretty good.

Other top pick quarterbacks include Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Drew Bledsoe, and Peyton Manning.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 04:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

If you're looking to continue losing so we get the #1 pick for QB you're rolling the dice at the expense of continuing developing a losing culture in the locker room....

LOL, ....this argument again....yeah, that 1-15 season really continued the development of a losing culture in Dallas, huh?....Oops, no they won 3 super bowls within 4 seasons after that...

Or, as if finishing 3-13 or 4-12 instead of 1-15 is somehow just so much of a difference regarding this "losing culture" you speak of....lolz.....

I  swear, its as if people just want us to ultimately stay mediocre long term...

Quote:LOL, ....this argument again....yeah, that 1-15 season really continued the development of a losing culture in Dallas, huh?....Oops, no they won 3 super bowls within 4 seasons after that...

Or, as if finishing 3-13 or 4-12 instead of 1-15 is somehow just so much of a difference regarding this "losing culture" you speak of....lolz.....

I  swear, its as if people just want us to ultimately stay mediocre long term...
an exception, not the rule, einstein.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 05:05 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:an exception, not the rule, einstein.

The point is thats a clown argument, no wonder you'd defend it. 

He lists a bunch of QB who most of were in no way as good as Bridgewater as his basis. 

If you get the right QB, which Bridgewater is considered among some of the best few prospects in the last 20 years, then it don't matter if the Jags would have gone 0-16 this year, they'd start winning next year. This "losing culture" fodder is ridiculous. 

I don't necessarily want the 1st pick, but I do want top 3.

Quote:The point is thats a clown argument, no wonder you'd defend it. 

He lists a bunch of QB who most of were in no way as good as Bridgewater as his basis. 

If you get the right QB, which Bridgewater is considered among some of the best few prospects in the last 20 years, then it don't matter if the Jags would have gone 0-16 this year, they'd start winning next year. This "losing culture" fodder is ridiculous. 
not defending his argument. just shooting down your illogical rebuttal  :whistling:

Quote:I don't necessarily want the 1st pick, but I do want top 3.

Draft outside the first pick and you're not getting Bridgewater without giving up the farm in a trade. Draft outside the top 2 picks and you aren't getting Clowney, again unless you are willing to give the farm....

Draft at 3 and we get a total gamble. Fantastic. 

Quote:The point is thats a clown argument, no wonder you'd defend it.

You haven't got the slightest idea 'how good Bridgewater is'. I'd like to see a link that says he's one of the best QB prospects in the last 20 years.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Draft outside the first pick and you're not getting Bridgewater without giving up the farm in a trade. Draft outside the top 2 picks and you aren't getting Clowney, again unless you are willing to give the farm....

Draft at 3 and we get a total gamble. Fantastic. 

Though I'm happy with Bridgewater at #1.  Not as high on him as you are.  Plus I'm not even entirely sure Tampa Bay picks him there.  I like #2 and #3 for trade down possibilities.  You don't even want to know my other option is...

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 05:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:You haven't got the slightest idea 'how good Bridgewater is'. I'd like to see a link that says he's one of the best QB prospects in the last 20 years.

I guess you just live under a rock. My bad. 

Interesting....you just edited that last part of your quote out, (probably because you realized how dumb it sounds, given theres been links all season on the college forum, as recently as last week when the USF coach compared him favorably to Andrew Luck)....haha..... I'd like to know how come it didn't show up as edited though? Scammer. 

Quote:LOL, ....this argument again....yeah, that 1-15 season really continued the development of a losing culture in Dallas, huh?....Oops, no they won 3 super bowls within 4 seasons after that...

Not sure how they did it either! Like you said, the Walker trade sucked for Dallas, remember?

Quote:I guess you just live under a rock. My bad.
I'd rather live under a rock that be s pompous pseudo know it all. But hey, that's just me. Obviously it floats your boat.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2013, 05:20 PM by atburg.)

Interesting....you just edited that last part of your quote out, (probably because you realized how dumb it sounds, given theres been links all season on the college forum, as recently as last week when the USF coach compared him favorably to Andrew Luck)....haha..... I'd like to know how come it didn't show up as edited though? Scammer. 
Nice dodge there! Link please, or go back under yours.

Its easy for a coach after a loss to say how good the other players looked, btw.

Really? What exactly did I edit Columbo?

Quote:Not sure how they did it either! Like you said, the Walker trade sucked for Dallas, remember?

I said that I never realized how little they actually benefited from it, (when you consider who was selected with the picks) yes. 

But I'm sure a big part of their success was drafting Troy Aikman 1st overall. 

What you or he or me wishes for will not affect the outcome of how we finish the year. I can see his point of view. I really hate losing too. But I think it's important to be the top pick THIS season. We could've picked up Geno last year but I feel that Caldwell and Co. thought that the better quarterback draft class is this coming year. All of the decisions we've made so far point to getting the franchise quarterback in the first round if Caldwell's guy is still there. And it will be if we get the first pick. I think we have a decent shot. I'm kinda glad Poz is out this week. And I don't care about losing Blackmon this year....just hope he gets his act together for his new quarterback.....but that's another thread.