Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It's officially FSU-Miami week

Quote:I love when SEC fans act like their bottom dwellers are worth a damn, and could win the ACC.

This.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well it is actually difficult to win the SEC.  The ACC is really a cake walk.
Quote:Well it is actually difficult to win the SEC.  The ACC is really a cake walk.

Ok ESPN.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:When they were winning the NC or even appeared in a BCS game, my news feed on Facebook would be filled with their usual garbage about how their team can beat the Jaguars.

About 10% of Gator fans are actually knowledgable about football, the rest just spout off their backwoods arrogance about the team and act as if they actually attended UF when the reality is they didn't even finish FSCJ. This is reflected in the local sports segments during the news and on 1010.
I agree, that's how it goes. That is my newsfeed now on FB right now. And dealing with certain "fans" at work, oh Lawd! Like I said before. Goes with the territory, it's how sports work sometimes.

Please don't start throwing out percentages and stating them as fact.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:I've said it til I was blue in the face on here before. Many times I have said that Every fan base has their obnoxious blowhards. It is a vocal minority, most being bandwagon fans. You won't see it til the winning is there. I have been privy to it the past month or so now from FSU fans. My FB is blowing up with it. I have one friend who is constant with it. I have co workers who are constant with it.

I get it, it goes with the territory, it makes sports fun, and interesting (to a point) Smile

Yes, every fan base does, but none will compare to the gators and tebow era.  No one is arguing there are obnoxious fans, but again, the level of obnoxiousness from gators during that run cannot be compared.  Listen, you guys are #1, you should take a bow and accept the award.

Quote:Me, and many others, have experienced that Nole fans are some of the worst in CFB. Whether it be at a game, (I've been to 2), or on a message board, or sitting at a sports bar watching the game. Nole fans have repeatedly caught me and other's eyes for being some of the worst fans in CFB. Simple as that. 

4 people have liked my above post. Some clearly agree with me. So get on your way and stop getting offended. 

2 whole games???  Wow, you must be telling the truth.

Quote:Yes, every fan base does, but none will compare to the gators and tebow era.  No one is arguing there are obnoxious fans, but again, the level of obnoxiousness from gators during that run cannot be compared.  Listen, you guys are #1, you should take a bow and accept the award.

I would like to add the tebow hangover is still going on...  My god, when will it end?!?!?!

Quote:I agree, that's how it goes. That is my newsfeed now on FB right now. And dealing with certain "fans" at work, oh Lawd! Like I said before. Goes with the territory, it's how sports work sometimes.

Please don't start throwing out percentages and stating them as fact.

I apologize, IMO from human interactions, about 10% of Gator fans are actually knowledgeable about football, the rest just spout off their backwoods arrogance about the team and act as if they actually attended UF when the reality is they didn't even finish FSCJ.

Do you wish to estimate the percentage of UF football fans who is knowledgeable about football? 

Quote:2 whole games???  Wow, you must be telling the truth.

He went to the 1pm games for obvious reasons.

Quote:Yes, every fan base does, but none will compare to the gators and tebow era.  No one is arguing there are obnoxious fans, but again, the level of obnoxiousness from gators during that run cannot be compared.  Listen, you guys are #1, you should take a bow and accept the award.
Honestly, this is an improvement based on past conversations regarding this subject.

And I'll add, you should see some of my buddies, and co-workers, the level of obnoxiousness is down right entertaining.

;

Quote:I apologize, IMO from human interactions, about 10% of Gator fans are actually knowledgeable about football, the rest just spout off their backwoods arrogance about the team and act as if they actually attended UF when the reality is they didn't even finish FSCJ.

Do you wish to estimate the percentage of UF football fans who is knowledgeable about football? 

No, to even estimate something like that is foolish.

;

Quote:Honestly, this is an improvement based on past conversations regarding this subject.

And I'll add, you should see some of my buddies, and co-workers, the level of obnoxiousness is down right entertaining.

I've always admitted there are obnoxious fans in every fan base. Of course there are. But never to the level of the gators during the Tebow era. You guys take the cake and you earned it.

Quote:I've always admitted there are obnoxious fans in every fan base. Of course there are. But never to the level of the gators during the Tebow era. You guys take the cake and you earned it.
The thing with Tebow is that it wasn't just Gator fans. Tebow became a phenomena among many people. People of other college fan bases, pro fan bases, and people who didn't even watch football.

That is why a Tebow story was run so often not just in Gainesville and Jacksonville, but nation wide.

;

Quote:The thing with Tebow is that it wasn't just Gator fans. Tebow became a phenomena among many people. People of other college fan bases, pro fan bases, and people who didn't even watch football.

That is why a Tebow story was run so often not just in Gainesville and Jacksonville, but nation wide.

I've never seen a fan base push a player down another fan bases throat like gator fans. No matter how you slice it. I know you aren't one of them.

Quote:I've never seen a fan base push a player down another fan bases throat like gator fans. No matter how you slice it. I know you aren't one of them.
Nope. Love Tebow and what he did when there, but he was never an NFL guy.

There were plenty of Gator fans who pushed him hard, still do, but that number was significantly multiplied by people who aren't Gator fans, or fans of the game at all.

;

Enough of this Tebow crap. Back to the topic at hand. Two days, Canes. Enjoy that undefeated record for these last 48 hours.

[Image: soon.jpg]

Quote:Enough of this Tebow crap. Back to the topic at hand. Two days, Canes. Enjoy that undefeated record for these last 48 hours.

[Image: soon.jpg]

Haha, thanks for getting us back on track.

Quote:Haha, thanks for getting us back on track.

And for keeping it light. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:I apologize, IMO from human interactions, about 10% of Gator fans are actually knowledgeable about football, the rest just spout off their backwoods arrogance about the team and act as if they actually attended UF when the reality is they didn't even finish FSCJ.

I'm willing to bet the same exact percentage of Gator fans that are knowledgable is equal to the amount of FSU fans.

My Facebook feed is filled with the bandwagoners that have jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm pretty neutral.  I'm pushing for FSU to go undefeated and get a shot at the national title.  FSU/Alabama or FSU/Oregon is a great match up.

Quote:And for keeping it light. 
Whats your prediction for Saturdays score?

Quote:Whats your prediction for Saturdays score?

I'm not very good at this kind of thing, but I'd say it's a closer game that y'all would think. 35-27 FSU

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]

Quote:I'm not very good at this kind of thing, but I'd say it's a closer game that y'all would think. 35-27 FSU
Miami has to keep it close early. If they can make it to mid 2nd qtr with a deficit of 7 or less, or even up 3 or more, they have a shot.

They can't afford to allow FSU to have a Clemson like start to the game. It'll be lights out early if that happens.

;