Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
First Booze Thread On New Board.

Quote: 

<div>
Why would anyone buy 1/7 of there weekly consumption at a time? It sounds like you could use a boozilator app ... It's a program I invented to maximize your alcohol budget.

</div>

In that case I'll drink Milwaukee's Best Ice and Southern Comfort to maximize my booze buget....... :woot:

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In that case I'll drink Milwaukee's Best Ice and Southern Comfort to maximize my booze buget....... :woot:

Makes a nice drink on a hot summer day. Or cold winter night. Or humid autumn morning. Or pleasant spring afternoon.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If you ever have the opportunity to sample Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 year old bourbon, do not pass it up. For one thing, you may never get another chance, as only very limited quantities are distributed every year. At one of the few liquor stores in Nashville that carry the brand, the line that forms every winter the days before the announced release date rival those you see for new iPhones. And it ain't cheap.

It is without a doubt the finest bourbon I've ever tasted, and at 95.6 proof it has a kick. The 20 year old (90 proof) and 15 year old (107 proof)  versions are worth trying too, and more accessible and affordable, especially the 15 year old.

Amen and amen. There is a whiskey bar just a few blocks from my place, and he pulls enough strings to get a bottle of the 23 year old about once every two years. Simply incredible stuff.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Half lit on the usual, Crown/splash of coke. Anyone else creepin and buzzin?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

...bout to get started.  

Quote:...bout to get started.  
Your prefered poison tonight?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Your prefered poison tonight?
I went with Irish Whiskey.  (powers)

About to relieve hangover with a beer.  B)

GO!

I'm in San Diego for a conference. They had open bar at the welcome event. I'm now headed to the Gaslamp for more...

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I went to Cincinnati this past weekend for the Patriots-Bengals game and stayed across the river in Covington, KY. While my friend went to look at all the stores and restaurants along Main St in the "Main Strasse" are, I settled into the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar with my list of bourbons provided by NYCJag.

Of course, I asked about Pappy Van Winkle (correct?) and the bartender lit up and told me he was expecting some but didn't have any. I asked if he had anything comparable and he served me an Old Forester Birthday bourbon which was predictably fabulous. As luck would have it, a guy rolled in wearing a Red Sox shirt and sat beside me with his girlfriend- he was a lawyer from Chicago, originally from Worcester, MA.

What a bar- bourbon only and probably 150 of them on the wall stretching from waist to ceiling. The Jaguars are playing in Cinn. next year and I can't wait to go back there.

I pulled my list and we tried Blanton's, Dickel 12, Basil Hayden and Bulleit. The Basil Hayden was so good, well, we had another as the girlfriend had something called a Vieux Carre...we were getting too drunk to even care what it was but she liked it so it was all good. I bought a bottle of Basil just now on the way home and am settling in for the Detroit-Oakland baseball game.

Thank you all again for the information and it once again proves what a valuable resource the board can be. Looking forward to talk scotch whiskey once it gets a little colder.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:I went to Cincinnati this past weekend for the Patriots-Bengals game and stayed across the river in Covington, KY. While my friend went to look at all the stores and restaurants along Main St in the "Main Strasse" are, I settled into the Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar with my list of bourbons provided by NYCJag.

Of course, I asked about Pappy Van Winkle (correct?) and the bartender lit up and told me he was expecting some but didn't have any. I asked if he had anything comparable and he served me an Old Forester Birthday bourbon which was predictably fabulous. As luck would have it, a guy rolled in wearing a Red Sox shirt and sat beside me with his girlfriend- he was a lawyer from Chicago, originally from Worcester, MA.

What a bar- bourbon only and probably 150 of them on the wall stretching from waist to ceiling. The Jaguars are playing in Cinn. next year and I can't wait to go back there.

I pulled my list and we tried Blanton's, Dickel 12, Basil Hayden and Bulleit. The Basil Hayden was so good, well, we had another as the girlfriend had something called a Vieux Carre...we were getting too drunk to even care what it was but she liked it so it was all good. I bought a bottle of Basil just now on the way home and am settling in for the Detroit-Oakland baseball game.

Thank you all again for the information and it once again proves what a valuable resource the board can be. Looking forward to talk scotch whiskey once it gets a little colder.

Great to hear!

Tell us how the Old Forester and Blanton's was.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Great to hear!

Tell us how the Old Forester and Blanton's was.

The OF was fabu, smooth and intense; the Blanton's was good but not quite as good as the OF. Bulleit was good but by then I was getting a little whacked so I think anything would have been good. He had some of the old stapes too, Early Times and Old Granddad, etc but I didn't go there...had dinner plans with you-know-who.

Quote:The OF was fabu, smooth and intense; the Blanton's was good but not quite as good as the OF. Bulleit was good but by then I was getting a little whacked so I think anything would have been good. He had some of the old stapes too, Early Times and Old Granddad, etc but I didn't go there...had dinner plans with you-know-who.

Don't mean to hijack the thread. But just curious as to how your a redsox, celtics and bruin fan and haven't jumped on the patriot bandwagon. Glad your with the jags but I don't get it.

Quote:Don't mean to hijack the thread. But just curious as to how your a redsox, celtics and bruin fan and haven't jumped on the patriot bandwagon. Glad your with the jags but I don't get it.

The Jaguars are admittedly my second team and I like the new logo; I've had Jags season tickets for 10 years now so I'm legit although I still live mostly in New England.

I'm a Kraken + Vanilla Coke guy. I love most rums but Kraken is my go-to stuff.

Not a big whiskey guy but I got into Jack shortly before Jack was fired.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

In an apparent inside job, about 65 cases of 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon have been stolen.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote: 

Very cool!  I'm glad you enjoyed the Basil Hayden and I like your Cincinnati strategy.  Might have to employ that myself in that future! 

(BTW, my girlfriend is a Rhode Island product and as we are watching the Sawx she just yelled at the TV "Catch it Edelman!!" - obviuosly meaning Ellsbury. Thought you may find that as amusing as I did.)

Quote:In an apparent inside job, about 65 cases of 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon have been stolen.

The price is going even higher!

Quote:Very cool!  I'm glad you enjoyed the Basil Hayden and I like your Cincinnati strategy.  Might have to employ that myself in that future! 

(BTW, my girlfriend is a Rhode Island product and as we are watching the Sawx she just yelled at the TV "Catch it Edelman!!" - obviuosly meaning Ellsbury. Thought you may find that as amusing as I did.)

Haha.

Red Trolley Ale.

I'm really into gin. If there are any other gin lovers out there, I highly recommend branching out from the traditional Tanqueray, Bombay, Beefeater, Hendricks routine. There are some excellent lesser known varieties like St. George Botanical, Ransom or Martin's. 

Give me a glass of St. George Botanical on the rocks with an olive and I'm a happy girl. 

Live long and prosper \\// [Image: 660e5a470556a0f21a991347940d77c860f8c9a5.jpg]