Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Should Blake Bortles be benched?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Bench Bortles?

Bench Bortles and put in Moxon.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I say sit him for two weeks so he can collect his thoughts and relax his arm. He just might come back from that totally refreshed and ready to rumble.

I don't recall the bye week helping at all, so I don't know how a couple more do anything.

If you really want to see Henne then okay, but I don't see that as an appealing alternative.

I'd like to see Allen get a full game and see what he does.

(Just give me Baker Mayfield in the 2nd round already)

I've seen college cutups of Allen and think he at least deserves a shot to see if he can move this offense better than Bortles.

Quote:I've seen college cutups of Allen and think he at least deserves a shot to see if he can move this offense better than Bortles.

It pains me to say no but really, do we have an option?

Quote:For those of you saying Allen is not the answer, how do you know? The kid hasn't even been given a chance. We have no idea if he's good or bad, because we haven't seen him in a real game situation. Just because he wasn't drafted in the first two rounds does not mean he won't be a decent NFL QB. We need to see what he can do before we make that determination.

Didn't he play preseason didn't leave an impression on me. Seemed like a career backup.
No Fun

It's rare that a player would regress to this extent if an injury isn't in play.    Whether Blake Bortles can get his career back on track with the best possible coaching is the multi-multi million dollar question that so many of you have already pondered.   Like so many other NFL fans,  I'm beyond shocked at the type of season Bortles has had through this point in time.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/7...9727889409

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/davebirkett'>Dave Birkett‏@<b>davebirkett</b> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/798288129727889409' title="2:14 PM - 14 Nov 2016">4h4 hours ago</a>
</div>
<p class="">Dave Birkett Retweeted Ryan O'Halloran

<p class="">Doesn't sound like 2016 is going his way<a class="" href='https://t.co/igB7nKhrvh' title="https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/798287495775535104">https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/798287495775535104<span> …</span></a>

<p class="">Dave Birkett added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<div><b>Ryan O'Halloran</b> <span>@ryanohalloran </span>
In that <span>#<b>Jaguars</b>[Image: NFL_Season_2016_JAX.png]</span> story. per T-U game charting, Bortles' QB rating on passes that traveled at least 20 yards in air: 2015: 104.7 2016: 37.7
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 11:11 PM by jaglyn.)

Dude is in such a slump, he probably thought he was going to wreck this league after showing good improvement last season, he obviously did not put in enough work during the offseason

Now he basically imploded

I think a lot of opposing coaches know exactly how to bait him into throwing an INT or worse a pick-6

Quote:Dude is in such a slump, he probably thought he was going to wreck this league after showing good improvement last season, he obviously did not put in enough work during the offseason

Now he basically imploded

I think a lot of opposing coaches know exactly how to bait him into throwing an INT or worse a pick-6
Anyone thinking they are going to 'wreck the league' is severely off their canter.  Prescott is probably the best rookie debut in recent years and you dont hear any of that kind of crap around him do you.

Quote:Anyone thinking they are going to 'wreck the league' is severely off their canter.  Prescott is probably the best rookie debut in recent years and you dont hear any of that kind of crap around him do you.
The dude has to keep winning every week just to keep his job.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Quote:Give Bortles 3-5 more games to allow due diligence in evaluating him (even though he stinks and that's unlikely to change). Then, give Brandon Allen the last 2-4 games to see what the kid can do. It gives him some live regular season action and some game film for evaluation. That would give us more answers moving forward into the off-season.

Just my 2 cents.

This is a wise and tempered approach to the current situation. As such, expect that this coaching staff and front office will have never considered this option.

Quote:Blake isn't worse than Gabbert, probably a tie.

Leftwich was 10x the QB Blake is.
And he was terrible compared to David. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2016, 07:53 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JaguarKick" data-cid="891757" data-time="1479149855">
I've seen college cutups of Allen and think he at least deserves a shot to see if he can move this offense better than Bortles.

</blockquote>
Once again he cant beat back ups.  So you want to take a kid with no experience into the wolfs den with our line?  Do you hate the kid? That you want to send him to hospital. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Gabbert can throw a spiral. I wish I was kidding, but Bortles is the worst QB I have ever seen.
Hate to say it, but he even admits he sucks at throwing.  WOW...why did we draft this guy?

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I'd have more faith in winning a game with Allen than Bortles.

I don't care.
Have you seen my baseball?