Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting...........

Quote:And you can think what you want. Bortles has regressed and is terrible this year.

So has Yeldon, A Rob, Hurns, and everyone else. Wouldn't the common denominator be the coaching staff?

Young QBs are always up and down. Peyton Manning threw for 33 TD and 15 INT in year 3 and 26 TD and 23 INT in year 5. It's expected. What's not expected is a 4 year coaching record of (14-40). 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I believe a 24 year QB should NEVER say "I don't know what I'm doing wrong". 

LOL

Blake, October 19th:

Quote: 

"It continues to be footwork and timing.... staying on guys too long, trying to force balls... your feet tell you when to come off of a guy, so I gotta continue to work on that and do better there."  

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e1d4734c50

Sounds like everybody but you, including Bortles, already gets it. He KNOWS what he's doing wrong.  Stop with this idiotic Bortles is a victim crap. 

Quote:If anything Bortles is frustrated. He's extremely competitive. He's not a Manziel or Jay Cutler malcontent. Bortles WANTS to win. It's hard to win when you're 24 and you're getting zero help from a sprinkles head coach.

If Bortles WANTS to win then perhaps he should work on himself.  A quarterbacks coach or a head coach can point out the bad decisions that he's made, but they can't magically make him make better decisions.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I thought our receivers are the worst in the NFL because they can't get separation and drop too many balls? Are they among the best talent wise or not?
 Better than Amendola and Edelman, but get zero separation. 

Ummmm, OK. 

Quote:If anything Bortles is frustrated. He's extremely competitive. He's not a Manziel or Jay Cutler malcontent. Bortles WANTS to win. It's hard to win when you're 24 and you're getting zero help from a sprinkles head coach.

I just want to take a moment to thank you for using one of my favorite words in the English language.

I still think you should probably calm down before you have an aneurysm...but you're going to do you so I give up trying to calm/slow you down.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Really?  Making up [BAD WORD REMOVED] again.  Del Rio's defense had three good years.  As a matter of fact, they were very similar to Bradley led teams his last four years.

Another post of ZERO sense. Ok, let's educate you with statistics again.......

Jack Del Rio

2003- 18th scoring defense in NFL

2004- 7th scoring defense in NFL

2005- 6th scoring defense in NFL

2006- 4th scoring defense in NFL

2007- 10th scoring defense in NFL

2008- 21st scoring defense in NFL

2009- 24th scoring defense in NFL

2010- 27th scoring defense in NFL

2011- 11th scoring defense in NFL

Gus Bradley

2013- 28th scoring defense in NFL

2014- 26th scoring defense in NFL

2015- 31st scoring defense in NFL

2016- 26th scoring defense in NFL

These are facts. Del Rio was a DEFENSIVE coach who actually had 5 good defensive seasons. Del Rio was limited on the offensive side of the ball and started to tale off when Shaq Harris couldn't replace John Henderson, Stroud, and Mathis on the downside of their careers. 

Gus Bradley on the other hand is a DEFENSIVE coach who can't coach defense. Clapping doesn't help your defense stop opponents from scoring. The name of the game in the NFL is to outscore your opponent. YOU WILL NEVER WIN GAMES WHEN YOUR DEFENSE GIVES UP 25-30 PPG every season. 

You will comeback with something but it won't be factual like this post.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 02:33 PM by spacecoastjag.)

Quote:LOL

Blake, October 19th:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e1d4734c50

Sounds like everybody but you, including Bortles, already gets it. He KNOWS what he's doing wrong.  Stop with this idiotic Bortles is a victim crap. 

Yup. It's not coaching at all.......

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Jack Del Rio

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2003- 18th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2004- 7th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2005- 6th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2006- 4th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2007- 10th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2008- 21st scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2009- 24th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2010- 27th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2011- 11th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Gus Bradley

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2013- 28th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2014- 26th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2015- 31st scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2016- 26th scoring defense in NFL

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">The sad thing is everyone knew when Del Rio went bad when Mathis and Stroud and Henderson got old- THE PERSONNEL changed. Gus Bradley's PERSONNEL has changed and the results are the same. It's called Shad Khan insanity.

Quote:Think about what you just wrote.

What about it? I showed you Peyton Manning's first 5 seasons of 100 INT football. It was bad year, good year, bad year, good year. It's expected with young QB's. 

When has Gus Bradley EVER been good?

Quote: Better than Amendola and Edelman, but get zero separation. 

Ummmm, OK. 

Is Belichick the best in NFL history of creating space for his WRs? Pick plays, rubs, etc. Wes Welker ran a 4.68 forty. Yes, coaching matters. A Rob, go long is not working vs. #1 corners. Would you agree?

The Falcons are tearing up the league with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. I don't care what you say, if Bortles played like Matt Ryan, we'd be 5-1.

Quote:The Falcons are tearing up the league with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. I don't care what you say, if Bortles played like Matt Ryan, we'd be 5-1.

The only problem with this statement I have is:

Is it really proper to be comparing Bortles to Matt Ryan considering Ryan is in, what, his 9th season?

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:The only problem with this statement I have is:

Is it really proper to be comparing Bortles to Matt Ryan considering Ryan is in, what, his 9th season?
At 23 years old, Matthew Stafford threw for 5k yards and 41 TD's.

It doesn't matter, after your second year you should be putting up numbers. Not regressing.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 02:57 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:Another post of ZERO sense. Ok, let's educate you with statistics again.......

Jack Del Rio

2003- 18th scoring defense in NFL

2004- 7th scoring defense in NFL

2005- 6th scoring defense in NFL

2006- 4th scoring defense in NFL

2007- 10th scoring defense in NFL

2008- 21st scoring defense in NFL

2009- 24th scoring defense in NFL

2010- 27th scoring defense in NFL

2011- 11th scoring defense in NFL

Gus Bradley

2013- 28th scoring defense in NFL

2014- 26th scoring defense in NFL

2015- 31st scoring defense in NFL

2016- 26th scoring defense in NFL

So you're admitting you lied then.  Thanks.  You know what consistently means...right?

Consistently would be something like you trying to consistently turn any blame away from your love interest.  That, is consistency.

And you don't think that...say...a quarterback turning the ball over in his own territory effects PPG?  

Man, I didn't think there was any way someone could be worse than the Tebow minions.  You've proven me wrong.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The Falcons are tearing up the league with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones. I don't care what you say, if Bortles played like Matt Ryan, we'd be 5-1.

Matt Ryan has been inconsistent his entire career. I think he started 6-0 last year and then collapsed. 

Quote:At 23 years old, Matthew Stafford threw for 5k yards and 41 TD's.

It doesn't matter, after your second year you should be putting up numbers. Not regressing.

LOL Thanks for proving my point. 1) Has Stafford "regressed" since? and 2) The Lions defense is like the Jags- Stafford can throw for 41 TDs and it won't matter like Bortles can throw for 35 TDs- still (5-11)

Quote:So you're admitting you lied then.  Thanks.  You know what consistently means...right?

Consistently would be something like you trying to consistently turn any blame away from your love interest.  That, is consistency.

And you don't think that...say...a quarterback turning the ball over in his own territory effects PPG?  

Man, I didn't think there was any way someone could be worse than the Tebow minions.  You've proven me wrong.

Look, Gus Bradley gave up 42 points to Mariota last year. Bortles scored 39. 

Do you think Gus will hold Mariota under 30 points tonight? He's awful. 

Quote:LOL Thanks for proving my point. 1) Has Stafford "regressed" since? and 2) The Lions defense is like the Jags- Stafford can throw for 41 TDs and it won't matter like Bortles can throw for 35 TDs- still (5-11)
Stafford is still a better QB than Bortles. And he does not have the worst throwing motion in NFL history. I know you're in love with Bortles, but the guy is playing worse than last year - with a better defense! 

Quote:I don't think anyone is claiming this coaching staff has no flaws and they're not effecting Blake. In fact, they are probably a big reason as to why Blake has looked god awful.

But Spacecoast is acting like Blake has no flaws and he is perfect and way better than a former MVP.
Oh I know. I like Blake a lot. But Space is a little insufferable

Edited for horrible grammar
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Matt Ryan has been inconsistent his entire career. I think he started 6-0 last year and then collapsed. 
More wins than Blake has had in any season.

Quote:If Bortles WANTS to win then perhaps he should work on himself.  A quarterbacks coach or a head coach can point out the bad decisions that he's made, but they can't magically make him make better decisions.
I agree - a coach can identify problems but it's up to the player to correct them.