Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think it’s time.

(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew vs Titans - W

Foles at Titans - L

Why is Doug not seeing this???

Oh, please.  I get it that everyone is frustrated.  And should be.  But Minshew is not as good as Foles.  I love the kid and his personality.  But the reason this team is losing is we have a bad defensive scheme, bad linebackers, and an offensive line made of paper mache.
The defense isn’t playing well but the offense under Foles has been flat out awful.

It was better under Minshew.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-24-2019, 09:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think this is just how Foles really plays. No excuses.

Plain and simple he couldn’t beat Tennessee. Minshew has the same players and coaches and defense and he found a way to win.

Nahh... I’m not buying what some of you are selling.

Foles couldn’t beat the Titans and Minshew did. Period

That's sooo beyond ridiculous to just not factor any other position into a game. Just to assume one QB beat a team, so the other one should too or else he is the reason we lost. Seriously?

(11-24-2019, 09:30 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think this is just how Foles really plays. No excuses.

Plain and simple he couldn’t beat Tennessee. Minshew has the same players and coaches and defense and he found a way to win.

Nahh... I’m not buying what some of you are selling.

Foles couldn’t beat the Titans and Minshew did. Period

I am also of the belief that minshew is better, but this is a piss poor arguement.

The defense is getting run on but Foles can’t put together drives to save his life.

He’s thrown the ball more than 45 times each game and can’t crack 300 yards?! That’s awful.

The defense is lost. It's done. Offensively you're seeing Foles flat due to being out for so long and he's pressing to get the football out quickly because this offensive line is not good enough to consistently protect a pocket passer.

He underthrew passes against the clots. Forced some bad throws up there. He did the same [BLEEP] today against the tacks and had a few underthrown passes that would have been picked by a better secondary.

Nothing personal. But it's just not a good risk to keep playing him. You're already behind divisionally. You're not getting a wildcard spot over a team like Buffalo or any other team that finishes above .500 because that team will more than likely be a runner up from this division.

If the goal is to protect your $88M investment? Leaving him behind this line with this defense playing this bad that forces you to be a one dimensional team on offense playing from behind is not a good idea.

They're going to [BLEEP] around and get him hurt. You watch. He'll be carried into next year on a bad knee or broken something again and the next coaching staff and front office will be forced to deal with that, Minshew and potentially having another QB on the roster for the new staff, etc.

I guess they want him to get his bell rung against Tampa this weekend and officially fall to 8 losses before throwing in the towel. I get it. But boy they're [BLEEP] flirting with disaster.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-24-2019, 09:29 PM)Brett Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: So why did Minshew beat the Titans but Foles couldn’t?

Did you not look at the score? The Titans put up 42 points. You can't pin that all on Foles. That's hard for anyone to outscore. Plus Foles didn't have vast amounts of turnovers to put this loss all on him. I guarantee if Minshew was playing today, we still would have lost.

You do? One of the problems is that the offense kept going 3 and out and eventually the dams burst forth. Foles looked bad out there today.

"Minshew isn't as good as Foles..."

Maybe not the 2017 Postseason version, but twice as good as the one we are seeing now. Not even debatable.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:45 PM by Eric1.)

(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:15 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew vs Titans - W

Foles at Titans - L

Why is Doug not seeing this???

Oh, please.  I get it that everyone is frustrated.  And should be.  But Minshew is not as good as Foles.  I love the kid and his personality.  But the reason this team is losing is we have a bad defensive scheme, bad linebackers, and an offensive line made of paper mache.

The Defense held them to 7 points in the 1st half. They also caused two turnovers. They weren't good by any means and are awful against the run, but if this Offense was even half way capable of doing something, maybe they wouldn't get demoralized and warned down week after week.

The fumble on the kickoff really hurt, but this Offense is worst than dog [BLEEP] and is a huge reason why we've got blown out these past two weeks. At least with Minshew this team was competitive..

This is what our Offense did today...

10 plays. Punt
3 plays. Punt
6 plays. Punt
9 plays. FG
5 plays. Punt
Halftime
3 plays. Punt
3 plays. Punt

It's now 3-35 at this point and the game is already over. Now is when Foles and the Offense puts up garbage time stats/points...

You really going to sit here and try to say that Foles and this Offense isn't a huge part of the problem?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 09:54 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Foles is the problem. Everything is so labored with him in. With Minshew the offense runs much smoother.

I’m not gonna sit here all night on my phone, arguing back and forth with somebody that Minshew is a better QB than Minshew.

It’s not even debatable. If it’s about the dang money then so be it, but Minshew put us in playoff contention, and Foles has laid 2 eggs in a row and totally sunk the ship. I’m sure our defense is flat out gassed bc Foles can’t put up points. The guy was dinking and dunking on 3rd and a mile.

Don’t let the stats fool you. The Titans played prevent defense with 10 minutes of football left in the 3rd quarter!

He’s trash, and everybody knows it. Doug will forever be remembered for folding against the Patriots, and for mis-handling the Foles/Minshew situation.

(11-24-2019, 09:40 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:29 PM)Brett Wrote: Did you not look at the score? The Titans put up 42 points. You can't pin that all on Foles. That's hard for anyone to outscore. Plus Foles didn't have vast amounts of turnovers to put this loss all on him. I guarantee if Minshew was playing today, we still would have lost.

You do? One of the problems is that the offense kept going 3 and out and eventually the dams burst forth. Foles looked bad out there today.

I'm not saying he wasn't bad. I'm just saying to assume that Minshew could play instead and win the game, is ridiculous. There are tons of more issues going on that is losing us games besides just the QB position.

(11-24-2019, 09:44 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Oh, please.  I get it that everyone is frustrated.  And should be.  But Minshew is not as good as Foles.  I love the kid and his personality.  But the reason this team is losing is we have a bad defensive scheme, bad linebackers, and an offensive line made of paper mache.

The Defense held them to 7 points in the 1st half. They also caused two turnovers. They weren't good by any means and are awful against the run, but if this Offense was even half way capable of doing something, maybe they wouldn't get demoralized and warned down week after week.

The fumble on the kickoff really hurt, but this Offense is worst than dog [BLEEP] and is a huge reason why we've got blown out these past two weeks. At least with Minshew this team was competitive..

This is what our Offense did today...

10 plays. Punt
3 plays. Punt
6 plays. Punt
9 plays. FG
5 plays. Punt
Halftime
3 plays. Punt
3 plays. Punt

It's now 3-35 at this point and the game is already over. Now is when Foles and the Offense puts up garbage time stats/points...

You really going to sit here and try to say that Foles and this Offense isn't a huge part of the problem?

We've had games where the O has played well but the D cant stop a thing and games where the D is playing great and O is a hot mess.

For 2 weeks I heard Marrone say about getting all 3 phases playing well. Since then we've given up over 100pts in 3 games, scored 3, 13 and 20pts and had ST problems. This team are incredible at screwing themselves. Everyone in that building has some serious questions to be asked. 

But this has been a big problem. We never come out and execute a gameplan. We dont take advantage when were on top or the other team cant get it clicking. Twice today we were in FG range and had a penalty then sack that took us out. 

Cant win football games like that. Were not that good.

(11-24-2019, 09:41 PM)IndyJagsFan Wrote: "Minshew isn't as good as Foles..."

Maybe not the 2017 Postseason version, but twice as good as the one we are seeing now. Not even debatable.

In 2 1/4 games vs Minshew's 8 games, Foles has a higher completion % and qb rating with their yards per game being the same.  Nick Foles, rust and all, is better than Gardner Minshew.  You may not like him as much.  But he is better.  What he is not is mobile.  What he does not have is the personality Gardner has.  Both of them suffer behind an offensive line that sucks.  You've got a better chance of winning more games with a veteran.  

All of that said, the Jags cannot afford to put this mess on the field week after week.  Something's got to change.  I think Wash has to go now and maybe Doug, too.  I like Doug, but lack of discipline and effort just can't stay this way.  If he's not willing to chew butt and demand better from his coaches and players, he's got to go.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Hard to win when the coach is shaving points. You can see this is intentional. And this is the same BS that occurred when he was in Buffalo.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 10:00 PM by JagFanatic24.)

@Yoda Bro the Titans played prevent at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Just stop

(11-24-2019, 09:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

In 2 1/4 games vs Minshew's 8 games, Foles has a higher completion % and qb rating with their yards per game being the same.  Nick Foles, rust and all, is better than Gardner Minshew.  You may not like him as much.  But he is better.  What he is not is mobile.  What he does not have is the personality Gardner has.  Both of them suffer behind an offensive line that sucks.  You've got a better chance of winning more games with a veteran.  

All of that said, the Jags cannot afford to put this mess on the field week after week.  Something's got to change.  I think Wash has to go now and maybe Doug, too.  I like Doug, but lack of discipline and effort just can't stay this way.  If he's not willing to chew butt and demand better from his coaches and players, he's got to go.

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...4001551363

Of course Foles has a higher completion %... All he does is check the ball down..

Foles is terrible and always has been.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 10:16 PM by Caldrac.)

(11-24-2019, 09:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Foles has played in mop up duty two weeks in a row now. Just stop. Is he the achille's heel? Of course not.

But your data is extremely skewed. Foles looked good and accurate in garbage time. He threw a costly INT before half time against the clots. Telegraphed a 2 PT conversion for an INT. And he had a pair of under thrown passes today that should have been picked.

Fouts called him out for not letting the play develop at one point. Called him out on a weak arm. Called him out on looking rattled. I am sure he can be a better QB. When he's healthy and he's playing behind an offensive line specifically built to protect pocket passers.

This just isn't the team for him right now. I don't fault him completely. I fault the front office for this. Minshew's ability to improvise is completely underrated by a lot of you so eager to see the Statue of Liberty succeed here.

Minshew's escapability, completions on the run and scrambling was right up there this year with Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. Sure, he had his rookie moments against the Saints and tinhorns.

But. . . At least the offense had a [BLEEP] pulse when he was playing. Bigg Dick Nick has played like Limp Dick Nick so far. You can blame the defense. The lack of protection. Bad coaching. Poor discipline, etc.

But Foles doesn't get a pass here neither.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 10:09 PM by NoShoes.)

(11-24-2019, 09:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:

Saw a stat today Foles for a career has the most failed completions (8 yards on when you need 10, etc). I’m more of a YPA and TD to Interception ratio believer, as QBR has its own magical formula that doesn’t make any sense.

Minshew is averaging nearly a yard more per attempt and has a better ratio even with the desperation time picks in London. This is with Minshews games being competitive and not garbage time. It’s not arguable, Minshew has played better than Foles and has an upward arrow in contrast to Foles living off a playoff run from two years ago which was likely his peak.

Oh and Foles will have to dang near have to win out to match GM’s win total. We’ll be lucky to win another one. So Minshew has that as well.

(11-24-2019, 10:07 PM)NoShoes Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:57 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: In 2 1/4 games vs Minshew's 8 games, Foles has a higher completion % and qb rating with their yards per game being the same.  Nick Foles, rust and all, is better than Gardner Minshew.  You may not like him as much.  But he is better.  What he is not is mobile.  What he does not have is the personality Gardner has.  Both of them suffer behind an offensive line that sucks.  You've got a better chance of winning more games with a veteran.  

Saw a stat today Foles for a career has the most failed completions (8 yards on when you need 10, etc).  I’m more of a YPA and TD to Interception ratio believer, as QBR has its own magical formula that doesn’t make any sense.

Minshew is averaging nearly a yard more per attempt and has a better ratio even with the desperation time picks in London.  This is with Minshews games being competitive and not garbage time. It’s not arguable, Minshew has played better than Foles and has an upward arrow in contrast to Foles living off a playoff run from two years ago which was likely his peak.

Oh and Foles will have to dang near have to win out to match GM’s win total.  We’ll be lucky to win another one.  So Minshew has that as well.

Yup, yup and yup.

Foles is 0-3 as the starter, Minshew is 4-4 as the starter.

Minshew has a 7.4avg and Foles has a 6.2avg

(11-24-2019, 09:28 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 09:21 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Oh, please.  I get it that everyone is frustrated.  And should be.  But Minshew is not as good as Foles.  I love the kid and his personality.  But the reason this team is losing is we have a bad defensive scheme, bad linebackers, and an offensive line made of paper mache.

So why did Minshew beat the Titans but Foles couldn’t?

Ramsey, Darius, O'Shaughnessy. The Jags held them to seven points. 
Not that I'm arguing your point about which QB is better. I'd have to see a lot more of both to make that judgement.

I'd fire Wash and Marrone right now to make a statement, with the rest of the staff at the end of the season. I don't blame Coughlin/Caldwell for their personnel moves; the Jags players failed to develop except at DL and WR. Marrone has been a total failure with the OL. We'll miss Wash as a DL coach but he can't stay as DC. The Jags should have made a clean break after 2016, and I put most of the blame on Coughlin for not doing that.

If Cardwell is fired I don't see any sure thing replacements. I think the chance of getting another Gene Smith is more likely than getting the next Chris Ballard. McCloughan, the former Redskins GM who got fired, might be an option.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Sidenote, I noticed Will Richardson was a healthy scratch today. Anyone know why?