Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Harrison Traded To Browns

(09-04-2020, 10:58 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 09:56 AM)Jagwired Wrote: I think Cole is making like 3 million. One of the highest offensive salaries. He's probably as good as gone. If not traded outright cut.

You are looking at that backwards. We don't need cap and they gave him that tender because they wanted to keep him for this year

(09-04-2020, 10:57 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: cause he's been hurt

And hasn't played well when he has played this camp.

Starting lineup is gonna be Chark, Laviska in slot then Conley/Cole outside

If Dave can get a 7th for Dede, I'd take it. He might shine somewhere else if healthy, but I think he's brittle long-term. Totally expendable now. I think this is Cole's year. He's built for WCO crossing routes.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-04-2020, 04:21 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 10:58 AM)JackCity Wrote: You are looking at that backwards. We don't need cap and they gave him that tender because they wanted to keep him for this year

If Dave can get a 7th for Dede, I'd take it. He might shine somewhere else if healthy, but I think he's brittle long-term. Totally expendable now. I think this is Cole's year. He's built for WCO crossing routes.

Ive seen the rumors, who tweeted he is on the trade block?

(09-04-2020, 04:21 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 10:58 AM)JackCity Wrote: You are looking at that backwards. We don't need cap and they gave him that tender because they wanted to keep him for this year

Yeah it'll be day 3 tops if anything

I think we should just keep all our receivers. Injuries happen. I would rather be deep at a very important position in a more pass heavy offense.

When are they signing Pedro Cerrano and Jake Taylor? Let's at least make it a funny movie.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-04-2020, 01:10 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 12:59 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Some players, if they're beat out or in any way not starting, you're almost forced to trade them. Otherwise their personality will cause trouble in the locker room.

And remember he's a holdover and witness of the prior fiasco. Maybe the FO is learning and cut a tumor before it became cancerous.
Which then leads to the next question: how did such a cancer SPREAD? (Fowler, Ramsey, Yan, Harrison, etc...)

It's almost unavoidable in 2020. Our entire society is changing. Things that young players had to just "shut up and play" about in the 80s, they now have access to a media where they can involve public support.

So what we're dealing with is the same other teams have figured out how to handle. At least better than us thus far.

While I gave it a malevolent feel, again, it's just society changing. Comparable to workers demanding more from their employers.

(09-03-2020, 03:05 PM)hb1148 Wrote: So this is what tanking looks like.

My thought exactly
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(09-04-2020, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dede ain't going nowhere
I don’t think this is going to age well.....

(09-05-2020, 10:20 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 09:53 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Dede ain't going nowhere
I don’t think this is going to age well.....

I see the rumors but the only reason I think they would let him go is if they don't think he can stay healthy.  Best ability is availability.

I am not a Westbrook fan but why him? I rather keep him than Cole.
Even more weird since people used to love to overhype Dede.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Dede gonna get cut unless they can get someone to give up a ham sandwich last minute for him

If we trade Dede....

Apoplectic.

(09-05-2020, 11:03 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: If we trade Dede....

Apoplectic.

Why?

And we ain't gonna trade him, we're gonna cut him.

(09-05-2020, 11:20 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 11:03 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: If we trade Dede....

Apoplectic.

Why?

And why would we do that? Dede is not the issue on the O.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 11:30 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Cole is gonna have a breakout year imo. He had to much pressure a few years ago. He finally has the monkey off his back and can just go out there and play

(09-05-2020, 11:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 11:20 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Why?

And why would we do that? Dede is not the issue on the O.

Chark is no.1, Conley and Cole deserve playing time over Dede, and then the two rookies will be pushing for playing time. Dede is basically 6th in the pecking order and hasn't shown enough in his time on the field.

I agree it's a little frustrating that we won't get anything for him, but apoplectic is a bit strong.

(09-05-2020, 12:23 PM)JagJohn Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 11:25 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: And why would we do that? Dede is not the issue on the O.

Chark is no.1, Conley and Cole deserve playing time over Dede, and then the two rookies will be pushing for playing time. Dede is basically 6th in the pecking order and hasn't shown enough in his time on the field.

I agree it's a little frustrating that we won't get anything for him, but apoplectic is a bit strong.

6th??!! How? He was arguably #1 WR last season. Dede was often getting the main attention by DBs and Chark really took advantage. That's why you have 2 weapons. He had 66 catches on a poor O last season. Conley looks solid but Cole has been so up and down the last 18 months. 

I just dont get how hes become so useless and expendable in one off season. But I've said the same about Calais, Bouye, Yan and Fournette

Another highjacked thread.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-04-2020, 09:26 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: When are they signing Pedro Cerrano and Jake Taylor?  Let's at least make it a funny movie.

Hopefully they've already scratched the dead guy off the list.

(09-05-2020, 12:43 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-05-2020, 12:23 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Chark is no.1, Conley and Cole deserve playing time over Dede, and then the two rookies will be pushing for playing time. Dede is basically 6th in the pecking order and hasn't shown enough in his time on the field.

6th??!! How? He was arguably #1 WR last season. Dede was often getting the main attention by DBs and Chark really took advantage. That's why you have 2 weapons. He had 66 catches on a poor O last season. Conley looks solid but Cole has been so up and down the last 18 months. 

I just dont get how hes become so useless and expendable in one off season. But I've said the same about Calais, Bouye, Yan and Fournette

I don't know what you were watching but Dede wasn't getting the main attention in the slightest, you just probably saw more bodies when he caught the ball because thats the nature of a slots role and we mostly used him short. 

The catches are merely a product of targets.