Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Etienne out for season

(08-24-2021, 03:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It possible he will make a last season return when we are fighting for a playoff spot

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1430235168065851402?s=20

ETN is going to make an epic late season run similar to what Natrone Means did back in the day.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-24-2021, 05:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 05:29 PM)TLawIsEnforced Wrote: Curse of #BecauseJaguars claims another....

Let's try to reverse the curse....

sraugaJesuaceB#

Worth a shot...right?
Lol I like it

sraugaJesuaceB#

Honestly didn't change much. Everyone was already going to stack the box and tee off. Now we are slower with less options. More of the same.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Well it makes that battle at RB between Dare Ogunbowale, Devine Ozigbo and Nathan Cottrell a lot more interesting now.

(08-24-2021, 06:07 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Well it makes that battle at RB between Dare Ogunbowale, Devine Ozigbo and Nathan Cottrell a lot more interesting now.

I really like Ozibo only if he could catch, looks explosive when carrying the ball.  Had 2 drops last night

(08-24-2021, 03:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It possible he will make a last season return when we are fighting for a playoff spot

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b1nelmgwjnedwskdl5...y.gif&ct=g]
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 06:30 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Should have played Etienne at WR after all.

(08-24-2021, 05:56 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote:

ETN is going to make an epic late season run similar to what Natrone Means did back in the day.

I don't even think he's hurt.  This is all part of the Urban Master Plan to have players rested for the playoffs.

^^ Haha

(08-24-2021, 06:28 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Should have played Etienne at WR after all.

(08-24-2021, 05:56 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: ETN is going to make an epic late season run similar to what Natrone Means did back in the day.

I don't even think he's hurt.  This is all part of the Urban Master Plan to have players rested for the playoffs.

AP: Jags re-sign Tebow after tryout at running back
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Don't worry guys, we have Carlos Hyde.

Gotta fire that strength and conditioning coach

(08-24-2021, 06:50 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Gotta fire that strength and conditioning coach

I thought he already resigned?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bring back Yeldon and Grant! Good karma from 2017!
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Of all the players to get a lisfranc, it’s the one whose game is elite speed. Definitely #becausejaguars.

(08-24-2021, 05:30 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Just saw it was a Lisfranc? MJD wasn't the same after his, thats just tough. I do wanna say I feel bad for the kid, regardless of who/where drafted. I hope he comes back stronger and better in 2022 and he gets to live out the rest of his NFL dream healthy.

Wasn't lisfranc the end of Corey Grant's career too?

I know lisfranc injuries used to be the "kiss of death" for speedy rb's. Are they still? Or has medicine improved to the point these types of injuries aren't quite the career-killers they seemed to be?
"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Man, this sucks. I really wanted an o-lineman with that pick. I know there's no guarantee they wouldn't have gotten hurt, but it's crushing to feel like that pick was wasted.

It's unfortunate, but it's a part of the game and out of anyones control. The reaction of this board you'd think that Trevor Lawrence had suffered a season ending injury not Etienne.

We still have James Robinson, it's not like we're now devoid of talent at RB to take pressure off Lawrence. Etienne will be back next season; Linsfranc injuries are bad news but Brian Westbrook, Leveon Bell, & Julio Jones all went on to have career years immediately following a Lisfranc injury the season prior.

I figured at BEST if several things went right we might compete for the last wildcard spot, or injuries to Derrick Henry, other QB's etc. make an easy path for us to contend in the division. As long as Trevor develops and stays healthy this season is a win.

I'm reserving judgement on the Etienne pick until I actually get to see him play next year. As much as people hate RB's in the first, guys like Rashard Mendenhall & Chris Johnson went back to back late in the first round and they worked out just fine. If Chris "CJ2K" Johnson were to have suffered a similar circumstance in that he missed his rookie year and came back 100% the next year, and went on to have the same success I think every Tacks fan would be very cool with that. I think Etienne has the homerun hitting potential to be a "budlight version" of what Chis Johnson was for those late 2000's Tacks teams. Let the kid play before we go to the Modis building, he really doesn't deserve this amount of hate and backlash and i'll bet he feels just as torn up as most on this board do.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2021, 11:47 PM by Tank Commander.)

(08-24-2021, 02:43 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Essentially the second flushed pick of the two we got for Ramsey.

Making guys like Meyer your GM is how you waste a generational talent at QB.

I thought it was a mistake pick from the beggining. A Trevor friend pick.

Urban probably panicked when he couldn't get Najee Harris one pick before. Should have had the forsight to trade up for Najee instead of making a panic pick.

(08-24-2021, 11:06 PM)Firesky Wrote: It's unfortunate, but it's a part of the game and out of anyones control. The reaction of this board you'd think that Trevor Lawrence had suffered a season ending injury not Etienne.

We still have James Robinson, it's not like we're now devoid of talent at RB to take pressure off Lawrence. Etienne will be back next season; Linsfranc injuries are bad news but Brian Westbrook, Leveon Bell, & Julio Jones all went on to have career years immediately following a Lisfranc injury the season prior.

I figured at BEST if several things went right we might compete for the last wildcard spot, or injuries to Derrick Henry, other QB's etc. make an easy path for us to contend in the division. As long as Trevor develops and stays healthy this season is a win.

I'm reserving judgement on the Etienne pick until I actually get to see him play next year. As much as people hate RB's in the first, guys like Rashard Mendenhall & Chris Johnson went back to back late in the first round and they worked out just fine. If Chris "CJ2K" Johnson were to have suffered a similar circumstance in that he missed his rookie year and came back 100% the next year, and went on to have the same success I think every Tacks fan would be very cool with that. I think Etienne has the homerun hitting potential to be a "budlight version" of what Chis Johnson was for those late 2000's Tacks teams. Let the kid play before we go to the Modis building, he really doesn't deserve this amount of hate and backlash and i'll bet he feels just as torn up as most on this board do.

Chris Johnson 4.3 40.
Etieene 4.45. 40. Not even in the same ballpark.

(08-24-2021, 07:08 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: Of all the players to get a lisfranc, it’s the one whose game is elite speed. Definitely #becausejaguars.

He only runs a 4.45 40, so not elite speed at the NFL level although he did rely on speed to excel against college level players.

(08-24-2021, 06:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 06:50 PM)snaxdelrio Wrote: Gotta fire that strength and conditioning coach

I thought he already resigned?

He is talking about the one that replaced the racist one. Lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 12:00 AM by jaguarmvp.)

(08-24-2021, 06:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47b1nelmgwjnedwskdl5...y.gif&ct=g]

I was thinking the same.  Got to break it out..

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952aebf7761d3aeb68adf...y.gif&ct=g]

(08-24-2021, 06:50 PM)Brett Wrote: Don't worry guys, we have Carlos Hyde.

[Image: ca1.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]