Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CJ Traded

Weird, nothing to say from Caldwell lovers?  Laughing not gonna somehow blame Coughlin? or Khan? something?  Laughing
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-27-2021, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:18 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: "Henderson was a great pick" hahahah

All it takes is for something to smack you in the face repeatedly for it to sink in.

I wanted Wirfs, and CJ is a damn good corner and has all the tools you want in a corner.  I don't believe they are trading him because of his play on the field, there is more to it than that and I think we will see it play out in the future.   We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or get to interview the players
You have absolutely zero evidence that he's a good corner. Zero.

However, there is plenty of evidence that he's bad.

Quit drafting Gators in the first round, they're not going to fill the stands for you! If they're worthy, fine. Most are not.

(09-27-2021, 12:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Weird, nothing to say from Caldwell lovers?  Laughing not gonna somehow blame Coughlin? or Khan? something?  Laughing

Caldwell did some things I liked, but his 1st round picks were not among those. It's really a shame that the one he got dead right (Ramsey) turned out to be such a headache and then we completely wasted the bounty we got for him by taking Chaisson and ETN.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We need to start vetting these players more extensively.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Dan Arnold Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D9aLkdj4rQ

(09-27-2021, 12:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I wanted Wirfs, and CJ is a damn good corner and has all the tools you want in a corner.  I don't believe they are trading him because of his play on the field, there is more to it than that and I think we will see it play out in the future.   We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or get to interview the players
You have absolutely zero evidence that he's a good corner. Zero.

Plenty of evidence he's bad?  Lmao  He was 2nd team All SEC 2 years in college, 1st team his last year.  Only gave up one TD his whole college career.  He's only played in 10 games and his first NFL game he dominated and was player of the game.  He was clearly our best corner when you watched them play.  He has played 10 career games, if he gets healthy we will see how he does in Car.

Nice highlights, hope he can do something here.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-27-2021, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You have absolutely zero evidence that he's a good corner. Zero.

Plenty of evidence he's bad?  Lmao  He was 2nd team All SEC 2 years in college, 1st team his last year.  Only gave up one TD his whole college career.  He's only played in 10 games and his first NFL game he dominated and was player of the game.  He was clearly our best corner when you watched them play.  He has played 10 career games, if he gets healthy we will see how he does in Car.
Oh the good ole college stats to try and boost your NFL arguments. Classic.

He's a bad NFL cornerback until proven otherwise. Can he turn into a good one? Sure. But at this moment, he's not good as evidence by the QB rating when targeting him.

(09-27-2021, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: You have absolutely zero evidence that he's a good corner. Zero.

"Dominated", lol...

(09-27-2021, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Plenty of evidence he's bad?  Lmao  He was 2nd team All SEC 2 years in college, 1st team his last year.  Only gave up one TD his whole college career.  He's only played in 10 games and his first NFL game he dominated and was player of the game.  He was clearly our best corner when you watched them play.  He has played 10 career games, if he gets healthy we will see how he does in Car.
Oh the good ole college stats to try and boost your NFL arguments. Classic.

He's a bad NFL cornerback until proven otherwise. Can he turn into a good one? Sure. But at this moment, he's not good as evidence by the QB rating when targetin
The ole back pedal excuse, "he could turn into one" lol.  He was our best corner and we will see if he is good or not in Carolina

(09-27-2021, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh the good ole college stats to try and boost your NFL arguments. Classic.

He's a bad NFL cornerback until proven otherwise. Can he turn into a good one? Sure. But at this moment, he's not good as evidence by the QB rating when targetin
The ole back pedal excuse, "he could turn into one" lol.  He was our best corner and we will see if he is good or not in Carolina

Why do you defend him so? He bad.

(09-27-2021, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:53 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Oh the good ole college stats to try and boost your NFL arguments. Classic.

Wait. How exactly is that back pedaling?

He's still young so he could turn into a good corner but the fact remains that he was overdrafted and hasn't been a good corner in the NFL. Bringing up his college stats is irrelevant to this discussion and yet you've brought them up with other players before..... Not shocked.

I am quickly losing faith in this team. I never liked the Henderson selection and was very vocal about it. I was one of the many, many, many people on this board who were banging the table to draft Tristan Wirfs. It seemed like such an obvious choice at the time and Henderson seemed like just as much a reach as Chaisson was with our other pick in round one. We missed out though and I finally accepted it, knowing there was nothing I could do. I wanted Henderson to succeed and prove me wrong. Now, here we are with a terrible secondary and out of nowhere, we trade Henderson for a so-so TE and basically, the equivalent of a 4th round pick once the 3rd and 5th offset. Just another wasted first round selection by this team and yet another example of holding onto a guy (Caldwell) too long and letting him set this team back yet another year by his bad decisions. It's just so depressing.

Now, I have to ask, how long before we ditch K'Lavon Chaisson? He has been a disaster since coming here and only has one sack since turning pro. IMO, he and Henderson were such odd first round choices that I have to question whether Caldwell knew his days were numbered in Jacksonville and decided to tank that draft on purpose? His selections just seemed like such huge reaches.

Despite this, it still seems like we could have gotten a straight up 3rd round selection for Henderson, even if Dan Arnold were involved in the trade given Henderson's very limited time in the NFL, . He is young and still shows some potential. He certainly shows better ball skills than what I have seen from Tyson Campbell, although I will admit, that isn't setting the bar very high. I guess the confirmation that the Henderson pick was so bad, this early into his career, is a real letdown. Even though many of us believed it from the moment he was drafted, finally seeing him traded away for so little, finally made it hit home. We have wasted so much time and dug ourselves into such a deep hole over the decades that it almost seems hopeless. I'm still a HUGE Trevor Lawrence supporter and see tons of potential in him, but this team is so void of talent around him. It just seems like a never ending process of filling holes created by draft picks that never panned out.

I don't think he wanted to be here. You would of thought that Dave asked him before being drafted if he wanted to be a Jag, unless he lied to the team. Possibly him and Meyer got into it about something, or he just isn't a good teammate

(09-27-2021, 12:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I am quickly losing faith in this team. I never liked the Henderson selection and was very vocal about it. I was one of the many, many, many people on this board who were banging the table to draft Tristan Wirfs. It seemed like such an obvious choice at the time and Henderson seemed like just as much a reach as Chaisson was with our other pick in round one. We missed out though and I finally accepted it, knowing there was nothing I could do. I wanted Henderson to succeed and prove me wrong. Now, here we are with a terrible secondary and out of nowhere, we trade Henderson for a so-so TE and basically, the equivalent of a 4th round pick once the 3rd and 5th offset. Just another wasted first round selection by this team and yet another example of holding onto a guy (Caldwell) too long and letting him set this team back yet another year by his bad decisions. It's just so depressing.

Now, I have to ask, how long before we ditch K'Lavon Chaisson? He has been a disaster since coming here and only has one sack since turning pro. IMO, he and Henderson were such odd first round choices that I have to question whether Caldwell knew his days were numbered in Jacksonville and decided to tank that draft on purpose? His selections just seemed like such huge reaches.

Despite this, it still seems like we could have gotten a straight up 3rd round selection for Henderson, even if Dan Arnold were involved in the trade given Henderson's very limited time in the NFL, . He is young and still shows some potential. He certainly shows better ball skills than what I have seen from Tyson Campbell, although I will admit, that isn't setting the bar very high. I guess the confirmation that the Henderson pick was so bad, this early into his career, is a real letdown. Even though many of us believed it from the moment he was drafted, finally seeing him traded away for so little, finally made it hit home. We have wasted so much time and dug ourselves into such a deep hole over the decades that it almost seems hopeless. I'm still a HUGE Trevor Lawrence supporter and see tons of potential in him, but this team is so void of talent around him. It just seems like a never ending process of filling holes created by draft picks that never panned out.

Chaisson is more likely to stay for now because 1. unlike the glass brittle Henderson he's actually able to play each week and 2. we don't have nearly as many pass rushers behind him as we do CBs behind Henderson.

And averages don't apply when assessing draft rounds, a third is not the "equivalent of a 4th" ever.

(09-27-2021, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 12:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The ole back pedal excuse, "he could turn into one" lol.  He was our best corner and we will see if he is good or not in Carolina
Wait. How exactly is that back pedaling?

He's still young so he could turn into a good corner but the fact remains that he was overdrafted and hasn't been a good corner in the NFL. Bringing up his college stats is irrelevant to this discussion and yet you've brought them up with other players before..... Not shocked.

He's played in 10 games and if you watched any Jags games the past 2 years he was our best corner and usually covering the teams best WR hasn't played bad imo.  When you draft a player I want to go by how they played in college and their measurables.  When a player is coming out of college you don't care about how they played in college?

(09-27-2021, 12:34 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Weird, nothing to say from Caldwell lovers?  Laughing not gonna somehow blame Coughlin? or Khan? something?  Laughing

Ultimately, it does come back on Khan. He held onto Caldwell way too long and allowed him to make those terrible picks in 2020. Caldwell should have been fired earlier and replaced with a qualified candidate (not named Baalke.) Had this happened, we almost certainly would not have been stuck with Henderson and Chaisson.

(09-27-2021, 01:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I don't think he wanted to be here.  You would of thought that Dave asked him before being drafted if he wanted to be a Jag, unless he lied to the team.  Possibly him and Meyer got into it about something, or he just isn't a good teammate

Lol, you think anyone would say they want to come to the Jags if asked? Teams don't ask that question, they draft the rights to the player and he either goes or sits. Unless you're a Manning, then the League bends over backward to get you what you want.

I hear people talking about getting a third rounder.  There's a couple of things that I would point out.  First, the Jaguars official site portrays it as a player for player swap with no mention of draft picks.  Perhaps it's an oversight, but it is also possible that the initial report over the internet was incorrect.  Second, even if the internet is correct, it is a swap of a fifth round pick for a third round pick.  The Jaguars are 0-3 and likely picking at the top of each round.  The Panthers are 3-0 and likely picking towards the bottom of each round.  As such, it's likely a very early fifth round pick being exchanged a late third round pick.  That's not a lot of compensation for a starting cornerback and a player only one year removed from being a top 10 pick.  We got a tight end, but cornerback is so much more important than tight end.

I hate the malcontent argument.  That reflects very poorly on Meyer.  It's his job to create an environment where players want to play.  If a player is unhappy, you find out why.  If his complaints are legitimate, you consider working with him.  If his complaints are unreasonable, you say "boo hoo" and tell him that he should be happy that he's getting paid millions of dollars to play a game with a ball.  

I don't like this trade.  Henderson has only played in 10 regular season games.  Meyer/Baalke are way too quick to give up on players.  You need to give players a chance to develop.  Not all will, but if you don't give them a chance, you will never find out until its too late.