Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Urban Meyer was/is a great head coach, you guys are wrong

(12-16-2021, 07:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Urban Meyer was to Coaching in the NFL as A Filet Mignon from Mcdonalds.  Some things are just better left alone.

You defended him in a dozen threads and even started one specifically to defend him. 

You blamed his failure on ETN injury, Chark injury, Trevor being "worst starting QB in league" , Bevell, O'Shaugnessy injury (LOL) , and Myles Jack underperforming.

IN case you missed it, I made a thread over a week ago admitting I was wrong.  Don't act high and mighty like you haven't ever been wrong.  I recall you all over Caldwell's jock.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 07:16 PM by Ronster. Edited 1 time in total.)

(12-16-2021, 07:14 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:11 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You defended him in a dozen threads and even started one specifically to defend him. 

You blamed his failure on ETN injury, Chark injury, Trevor being "worst starting QB in league" , Bevell, O'Shaugnessy injury (LOL) , and Myles Jack underperforming.

IN case you missed it, I made a thread over a week ago admitting I was wrong.  Don't act high and mighty like you haven't ever been wrong.  I recall you all over Caldwell's jock.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!

ya, I am not taking this thread seriously.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(12-16-2021, 06:51 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:46 PM)captivating Wrote: So you are saying Mr Integrity has been lining up a job at another team while head coach.

Classy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv33UBi1Eh0

Between January 2019 and today he's turned into a pile of steaming turd.

As you said, if he has already lined up a job elsewhere, unless he did it overnight, then he's been arranging for a new job while still head coach.

(12-16-2021, 07:05 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Urban Meyer was to Coaching in the NFL as A Filet Mignon from Mcdonalds.  Some things are just better left alone.

You defended him in a dozen threads and even started one specifically to defend him. 

He’s on board now.  Can’t we all just rejoice and come together for once?  We as Jaguar fans are like a big dysfunctional family.  Sure, we hate each other around the holidays.  Especially since the bigger ones happen during football season.  But something big happens and we ban together.  Let’s roll with it! We can argue with each other during the draft, haha

(12-16-2021, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:51 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv33UBi1Eh0

See, right there.  That is being classy.  Bevel and the players interviewed today were also classy.  All wished him the best.  Sometimes, being classy means you throw out some bs as not to kick a man while down.  Unlike exactly what urban did.

The Belichick video was from 2019.

(12-16-2021, 07:20 PM)captivating Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 06:55 PM)Jags Wrote: See, right there.  That is being classy.  Bevel and the players interviewed today were also classy.  All wished him the best.  Sometimes, being classy means you throw out some bs as not to kick a man while down.  Unlike exactly what urban did.

The Belichick video was from 2019.

Thanks for for that.  For some reason I didn’t really give a crap to look into it.  But the overall sentiment still stands.  Plus this troll is still wrong.  Entertaining, but wrong.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 07:42 PM by Cleatwood.)

Hahahahaha

(12-16-2021, 07:16 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:14 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: IN case you missed it, I made a thread over a week ago admitting I was wrong.  Don't act high and mighty like you haven't ever been wrong.  I recall you all over Caldwell's jock.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!

Only one way to solve this…..

WE TAKE IT TO THE STREETS!

(12-16-2021, 07:16 PM)Ronster Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 07:14 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: IN case you missed it, I made a thread over a week ago admitting I was wrong.  Don't act high and mighty like you haven't ever been wrong.  I recall you all over Caldwell's jock.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!

No one is
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 08:19 PM by Jag88. Edited 1 time in total.)

The jags had a lot of bad luck this year. Injuries to chark exposed the wr core. They should have won the against the bangles and cardinals which are two good teams. If the team wins against cardinals and bangles, maybe some momentum gets built, but it's all should have..could have now until next season.

Go jags and also one the greatest coaches of all time who got the worst luck, Coach meyer

You have to kiss everyone's back these days or you will be the next to get canceled by the mob . The players and coaches needed a sacrificial lamb for their weak performances. How do you motivate players and coaches who are more softer than toilet paper tissue? Parcels and the rest of the greats are in disgrace if they tried to coach today. You say urban is such a bad person. Just throw him in jail then. This day an age of fake news has claimed another coach with a winning record. He might not have micro managed but the guys ego would have eventually had this team winning.

(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: I am a big Ohio St fan, and I was openly cheering for the Jaguars from the north.
Urban Meyer's offense doesn't work without a scatback like Samuel/ Harvin.  

Without T.E , the first round scatback from Clemson, his offense was not going to work the first year.

He has the 3rd highest win % of all time.  
The greatest football coaches alive right now are Saban, Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, and Bill Bellichick. 

Firing one of the greatest minds in football history, because of horrible players, without his players drafted and the top 2 offensive guys hurt basically all year.
It is shameful and disgusting.

Urban Meyer won 3 national titles,  and had Joe Burrow transfer, and Cam Newton get kicked off the team and would have won 5 titles if they were patient. 
He is a brilliant x/o head coach and a supreme motivator. What you had were players that were happy sucking. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick Bill B had 3 losing season first 3 years in Cleveland. 

Remember, this day, you will never have a better head coach than Meyer.
He was fired for being a piece of [BLEEP] as a human being. You think Khan wasn't capable of tolerating a losing season?

He's done it 9 times already. Meyer couldn't keep his [BLEEP] together during a rebuild.

That's perfectly fine. The NFL isn't for everybody. Had he taken his own motivational advice he would still have a job.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Cant tell if bait or serious
Either way this is how i picture him
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9_NvZNBG_f1TU4gSk7tn...mEucc&s=10]

(12-16-2021, 05:13 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: I am a big Ohio St fan, and I was openly cheering for the Jaguars from the north.

Without T.E , the first round scatback from Clemson, his offense was not going to work the first year.

The greatest football coaches alive right now are Saban, Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, Pete Carroll, and Bill Bellichick. 

Firing one of the greatest minds in football history, because of horrible players, without his players drafted and the top 2 offensive guys hurt basically all year.

Urban Meyer won 3 national titles,  and had Joe Burrow transfer, and Cam Newton get kicked off the team and would have won 5 titles if they were patient. 
He is a brilliant x/o head coach and a supreme motivator. What you had were players that were happy sucking. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Belichick Bill B had 3 losing season first 3 years in Cleveland. 

Mods, please delete this trash.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 08:33 PM by Ronster.)

And yet, he managed to lose an entire Locker room his first year as a head coach of an NFL team, a team of Men, not boys… real great…
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

lol

Urban Meyer is garbage.

(12-16-2021, 08:05 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The jags had a lot of bad luck this year. Injuries to chark exposed the wr core. They should have won the against the bangles and cardinals which are two good teams. If the team wins against cardinals and bangles, maybe some momentum gets built, but it's all should have..could have now until next season.

Go jags and also one the greatest coaches of all time who got the worst luck, Coach meyer

You have to kiss everyone's back these days or you will be the next to get canceled by the mob . The players and coaches needed a sacrificial lamb for their weak performances. How do you motivate players and coaches who are more softer than toilet paper tissue? Parcels and the rest of the greats are in disgrace if they tried to coach today. You say urban is such a bad person. Just throw him in jail then. This day an age of fake news has claimed another coach with a winning record. He might not have micro managed but the guys ego would have eventually had this team winning.

You're a special kind of stupid, ain't ya?

(12-16-2021, 05:14 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote:
(12-16-2021, 05:14 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Ban him

You are an idiot [BLEEP].  Urban didnt't have a scatback, and his offense doesn't work without one. There were exactly 0 players that could threaten the defense vertically with DJ Chark.

Good coaches make the offense work with the players they have.

This isn't college.

(12-16-2021, 08:05 PM)Jag88 Wrote: The jags had a lot of bad luck this year. Injuries to chark exposed the wr core. They should have won the against the bangles and cardinals which are two good teams. If the team wins against cardinals and bangles, maybe some momentum gets built, but it's all should have..could have now until next season.

At the end of the day, adults want to be treated like adults. That doesn't happen with demeaning "coaching."

If you want players to stay and want to play for you then you have to treat them like adults.

Urban is your favorite drug. You just can quit him can you?

Anyone who is this obsessed with someone has issues. Seek help bud.

Urban Meyer sucks and so does this thread.

(12-16-2021, 05:20 PM)cookiemonsta911 Wrote: Meyer would have recruited to the Jaguars in free agency, the Bosa's, Chase Young, Terry Mcclaurin. They are all very close to him. That is not going to happen again.

Your problem is you think the NFL works the same as college. You don't recruit anyone in the NFL. You pay them. Lots and lots of money. 

And I don't see any of those guys supporting Meyer. No one is other than the random Meyer fan.