Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Viruses don't care what you think

(01-12-2022, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Refuge? You just can't say, "Gosh, I overreacted and didn't have the facts right?" Really?

Isn't it amazing what goes on on the internet these days?  And it gathers steam and snowballs all by itself and pretty soon, a whole bunch of people believe the most preposterous things.

I agree, but I also have no doubt that in the future when this is all examined through an historical lens, there’s going to be a lot of subterfuge and intentional misinformation discovered for the sake of political power and money.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2022, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't it amazing what goes on on the internet these days?  And it gathers steam and snowballs all by itself and pretty soon, a whole bunch of people believe the most preposterous things.

I agree, but I also have no doubt that in the future when this is all examined through an historical lens, there’s going to be a lot of subterfuge and intentional misinformation discovered for the sake of political power and money.

Ding ding ding!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-12-2022, 11:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Isn't it amazing what goes on on the internet these days?  And it gathers steam and snowballs all by itself and pretty soon, a whole bunch of people believe the most preposterous things.

I wouldn't be so sure.  The anonymous publishing (like on this or any other anonymous board) hasn't been influential enough to be interesting to historians.  Most of what actually happens in politics and most of what makes voters change their minds still happens through publicly known people acting out in public.  The one exception of course is Q, but that hasn't been very influential.  Not yet, anyways.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-12-2022, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree, but I also have no doubt that in the future when this is all examined through an historical lens, there’s going to be a lot of subterfuge and intentional misinformation discovered for the sake of political power and money.

I wouldn't be so sure.  The anonymous publishing (like on this or any other anonymous board) hasn't been influential enough to be interesting to historians.  Most of what actually happens in politics and most of what makes voters change their minds still happens through publicly known people acting out in public.  The one exception of course is Q, but that hasn't been very influential.  Not yet, anyways.

I’m purely convinced you speak just to hear yourself.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 01:57 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wouldn't be so sure.  The anonymous publishing (like on this or any other anonymous board) hasn't been influential enough to be interesting to historians.  Most of what actually happens in politics and most of what makes voters change their minds still happens through publicly known people acting out in public.  The one exception of course is Q, but that hasn't been very influential.  Not yet, anyways.

I’m purely convinced you speak just to hear yourself.

I'm all about getting that post count up! One day mine will be as high as yours!

(01-12-2022, 01:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:29 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m purely convinced you speak just to hear yourself.

I'm all about getting that post count up! One day mine will be as high as yours!

But you’ll never be able to get a rep count as high as his… Ninja
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm all about getting that post count up! One day mine will be as high as yours!

[Image: OohBurn.gif]

And also the fame and notoriety that is accompanying being a contrarian.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 01:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm all about getting that post count up! One day mine will be as high as yours!

I have the serenity to accept that which is beyond my control. The historians that homebiscuit thinks will peruse this anonymous corner of the internet will surely appreciate me, even if you don't.

(01-12-2022, 03:27 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 02:46 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: But you’ll never be able to get a rep count as high as his… Ninja

I have the serenity to accept that which is beyond my control. The historians that homebiscuit thinks will peruse this anonymous corner of the internet will surely appreciate me, even if you don't.

No they won’t. Laughing

Vaccinated Brazilian model dies of Covid at 18…

https://youtu.be/9KU8by2a4Rw
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(01-12-2022, 03:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 03:27 PM)mikesez Wrote: I have the serenity to accept that which is beyond my control. The historians that homebiscuit thinks will peruse this anonymous corner of the internet will surely appreciate me, even if you don't.

No they won’t. Laughing

Right!
They won't appreciate you either
Because
They won't exist!

(01-12-2022, 05:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 03:39 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: No they won’t. Laughing

Right!
They won't appreciate you either
Because
They won't exist!

But unlike you, I don’t care if those imaginary “historians” appreciate me.  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 07:59 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(01-12-2022, 10:57 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 10:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Is that your new refuge?

Refuge? You just can't say, "Gosh, I overreacted and didn't have the facts right?" Really?

I'll take it on the chin and admit that I misapplied your comment to Bob Saget. I probably got a couple Ronster posts mixed up and was mistaken about which one you responded to. I am back at work now and check this forum once or twice a day from my phone. If a post is low energy and one line, it's probably all I have time to write that the time. So, when I ask if that's your refuge, I'm not talking about the obvious miscommunication. I'm talking about the only thing that makes sense in that context, which was this: "Of course all the internet experts surely know more than the actual physician who treated the patient, that's the world we live in and why these discussions serve little purpose." You have come to rely on strawman tactics in our recent discussions. If that's where you want to take refuge, go ahead. 

Even still, it only slightly modifies my original position. There are more tests they can run for someone who is alive, but unless they dial in on a specific defect (to which they are saying it's a congenital heart defect), it's almost impossible to rule out the vaccine completely, even if it just served as a catalyst aggravating the existing condition. Again, I am not saying it was caused by the vaccine. In fact, I am outright admitting there's a small probability of it being the cause. I will go one step further and proclaim that Ronster is most likely wrong for attributing these heart attacks to the vaccine. There's a lot of that going around. 

HOWEVER, none of that negates my original point, that we should encourage good science, and a lot of that starts with challenging the status quo. I think it's irresponsible for a doctor to say the heart attack was unrelated to the vaccine because he can't know that. He is unqualified to state that definitively, and probably should be more specific in his word choices. While you might think it's a small change to make that condition, I think it's everything in building institutions of trust. Furthermore, I don't think it's a big ask from you to be on board with that line of thinking. Or Marty. Or any of the other people who are blindly following the narrative that has been created by people and institutions we KNOW to be duplicitous.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022, 08:00 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

Either I didn't understand this statement or others on this board didn't. I take this to mean that you are at least acknowledging that we are going to uncover how politicians and Big Pharma leveraged this "crisis" to gain more power and money. Kind of like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD0i_YxPATc

(01-12-2022, 07:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 11:46 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I agree, but I also have no doubt that in the future when this is all examined through an historical lens, there’s going to be a lot of subterfuge and intentional misinformation discovered for the sake of political power and money.

Either I didn't understand this statement or others on this board didn't. I take this to mean that you are at least acknowledging that we are going to uncover how politicians and Big Pharma leveraged this "crisis" to gain more power and money. Kind of like this:

I took it the same way you did, Mr. Sez however derailed the point rather than addressing it.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-12-2022, 07:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:

I thought that might be what he meant, but I decided that homebiscuit was too smart to believe that political leaders and big pharma over the entire world could all be conspiring, without any leaks or dissent, to reduce global economic output, and tangle up supply chains, all for some chance that they might gain more power or money that way. I respect all of you too much to think any of you believe something that crazy and illogical.

The DARPA docs make all the vaccines mute, the EUA has to be pulled immediately as there are 2 treatments available and they already have FDA approval.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

(01-12-2022, 09:06 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-12-2022, 07:59 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Either I didn't understand this statement or others on this board didn't. I take this to mean that you are at least acknowledging that we are going to uncover how politicians and Big Pharma leveraged this "crisis" to gain more power and money. Kind of like this:

I thought that might be what he meant, but I decided that homebiscuit was too smart to believe that political leaders and big pharma over the entire world could all be conspiring, without any leaks or dissent, to reduce global economic output, and tangle up supply chains, all for some chance that they might gain more power or money that way. I respect all of you too much to think any of you believe something that crazy and illogical.

You are the most blindly naive person I have ever met in my life. It must be fun to go through life staring at rainbows and unicorns.

(01-12-2022, 01:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:

Q wasn't influential? Think about that when you consider the anti-vaxxers and the voter fraud conspiracy theorists.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.