Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I couldnt be more happier

Why doesn't anyone want Olsen fired for that last play call?

I'm pretty sure he's still the Offensive Coordinator.

I realize Gus is ultimately responsible......but what makes you certain "he" called that play?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We played our best game since maybe the late 90's. Of course a win would've made me happier. But if this is the quality of play we are seeing in WEEK 1, I dont know how any of you can be so depressing.

Sorry but that's just not true at all.

Quote:I think you're right. If they're angry, redouble their attention and concentration and learn from all of the stupidity that happened today they can win against SD.

If they don't they'll probably get beat down again and Gus should probably be fired during the bye week.

FTFY.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:How can you say that? We lost.
To a team being picked to go to the super bowl in the last 14 seconds of the game. We are miles better then last year.

[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Quote:the dude said he couldn't be happier. Which is wrong.

This team needs a win. Today was a perfect time to pull one out. Kind of like the Raiders and Del Rio did.

Oakland actually pulled off the comeback? That makes this loss feel even worse...Oh well. This season starts off like the past 5 seasons (or more). Lets hope it doesn't continue down that very familiar path.

Quote:so the second game of 16 dictates the entire season? I don't think so

Absolutely. For this team.

AR15 deserved a chance to get that last 1st down.

Quote:Sorry but that's just not true at all.

Yep. The colts beat down last year? How about the home game against Peyton in 2010 when we were 1-2, the wolves were howling, and underdogs at home? Now that I think about it, we had more inspired play and close games in the Gene Smith era then now. Hmmm...

Quote:We played our best game since maybe the late 90's. Of course a win would've made me happier. But if this is the quality of play we are seeing in WEEK 1, I dont know how any of you can be so depressing.
So the title of your thread is wrong? You could be happier?

No one is depressed but claiming you couldn't be happier is dumb. This young team needs to win games. They just do. The Jags had a chance to put a stamp on the season by beating the best QB in the league. They squandered it.

I like how Blake played and the OLine for the most part. The refs blew and I'm optimistic for the future of this season.

Quote:Absolutely. For this team.

Maybe when they come back from London 0-4 then these people will figure it out.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Soooooo, your grammatically horrific headline was, what, a misstatement?

Hahaha I accept the grammatically horrific headline, poor form, poor form by me. 

But yes/no. I care about us putting on quality games. And what we just witnessed was a game of the highest quality. 

I'm so upset right now, but I'm also pretty happy with the way they played. We would have beat A LOT of teams today, but Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous. We need a better pass rush that's for sure.
Shock the world

Quote:Yep. The colts beat down last year? How about the home game against Peyton in 2010 when we were 1-2, the wolves were howling, and underdogs at home? Now that I think about it, we had more inspired play and close games in the Gene Smith era then now. Hmmm...
The playoff win in Pittsburgh?

Really was awesome putting up a very good fight against one of the best teams in the NFL. Obviously I wish we could have won on that last play/drive but it was a close game from start to finish really. So much better than being blown out or not having anything to watch after the first half.

Quote:Why doesn't anyone want Olsen fired for that last play call?

I realize Gus is ultimately responsible......but what makes you certain "he" called that play?

Yeah lets fire Olson after 1 game and 1 bad play call. Let's make Blake learn a new offense after week 1.

Are you serious?

Quote:Why doesn't anyone want Olsen fired for that last play call?

Because the offense has been really good since Olsen took over and they had a pretty good day today all things considered. By contrast, the Jaguars have been a dumpster fire since Gus took over 4 years ago.

Quote:Sorry but that's just not true at all.
I mean you could argue the 2007 games vs the Steelers. But, those games were pretty sloppy. The Chargers 2007 was also great, but sloppy. 2006 vs Indy at home was also pretty great. And Im not looking for excitement either,  like Mike Thomas hail mary or Scobee 53 vs Colts.  its all about playing at the HIGHEST level, vs a consistently great team. 

Quote:Next week dictates the rest of season for this team.

Uh OH, The Jags play a mad San Diego team that should have won on Sunday at their place on the West Coast where the Jaguars don't usually fair very well.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

90s really? I don't even have to look that far back to think of a better game. For example the colts game last year.

Quote:90s really? I don't even have to look that far back to think of a better game. For example the colts game last year.
colts were a poor quality team last year. Jags were not much better.