Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
9ers talk. What’s the game plan?

I doubt we shut down CMC but hopefully we can slow him down a bit.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Superbowl contenders don't lose 3 straight. san fran is a fraud team with a mediocre QB.

(11-05-2023, 09:09 AM)H8tank Wrote: Superbowl contenders don't lose 3 straight.  san fran is a fraud team with a mediocre QB.

Maybe not all the time, but sometimes they do.

2021 Rams

2012 Ravens

2011 Giants

2009 Saints

2005 Steelers

2003 Panthers

2002 Raiders

2000 Ravens

And there were several other teams that lost 3 of a stretch of 4 or even 4 of a stretch of 5.  Even good teams can get in a funk at times or be significantly affected by injuries.  So, since 2000 about 17% of teams that made it to the Super Bowl had a 3 game losing streak during the season.  If you throw in the "lost 3 of 4 or 4 of 5" group it probably gets closer to 25%.  That's 1 in 4 teams that have made the Super Bowl have had some type of bad stretch during the regular season.  I think you are being overly dismissive of a good team and a quarterback who may not be as good as Lawrence, but has still played really well all things considered.

(11-04-2023, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 01:09 AM)ajagsfan Wrote: I was more worried about the Steelers than the 49'ers game. They are on a skid but we can extend that because of our D. We CAN shut down McCaffrey with our very good run defense, but not only that our offense is overdue for a breakout game. I don't see our defense regressing and our offense has the talent to improve greatly on any given week. Jags 34- 49'ers 17

bold

Dude is different

So an aging RB that has injury history is worthy of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th in 2023.  And another 4th in 2024.  49ers basically just threw away their entire 2023 draft for a running back...

But yeah, you're right.  Dude is different....

But drafting ETN in the late 1st round was a shanda!!!  A shanda, larry!!!

I mean, the cognitive dissonance some folks must feel every day could activate a Star Gate.

(11-05-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 09:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: bold

Dude is different

So an aging RB that has injury history is worthy of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th in 2023.  And another 4th in 2024.  49ers basically just threw away their entire 2023 draft for a running back...

I mean, the cognitive dissonance some folks must feel every day could activate a Star Gate.

A conference finalist acquiring the final piece to give themselves a Super Bowl. Not remotely the same as a bad team using a 1 in the draft. But keep knocking down that scarecrow.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2023, 06:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote: So an aging RB that has injury history is worthy of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th in 2023.  And another 4th in 2024.  49ers basically just threw away their entire 2023 draft for a running back...

A conference finalist acquiring the final piece to give themselves a Super Bowl. Not remotely the same as a bad team using a 1 in the draft. But keep knocking down that scarecrow.

Ahhh, that's a nice spin!  Good one.  Keep that up.  You might get us to the Star Gate with that level of dissonance. 

So a conference finalist that has no legit QB, but had spent all their prior draft capital on a QB (are you familiar with a person called Trey Lance?), should then waste even more draft capital for a RB? Because RB is more important for them?  Because, reasons?  

And before you answer this question, remember that you also just replied to me in another thread about how in the "long term" things go sideways because of cap space...  Remember??  Remember how you said that?  

You have died on the hill that RBs are not valuable.  And that GM's should focus on other areas that are "more valuable".

Oh, but if you have wasted several years of draft capital, it's OK to waste more on a RB that can only help you for a year or so.  Because... Reasons?  Purdy is so great that they can waste 2 years of drafts for a RB?  LOL

I'm honestly trying to understand your logic.  But it makes no sense, my friend.  Just let it go.  ETN was the right pick.  We didn't even waste 1 draft, much less drafts for a great RB.  You're trying to fight off your bad take with other bad takes.  They are all bad because they are fundamentally flawed and make no sense if you think them through.

Dude is different

I never said [BLEEP] about the trade 

Stop putting words in my mouth dip [BLEEP]

When you're done with that, go get yourself an apple, and an orange, and then stare at them for about an hour straight

Then come back here and try to tell me they're the same thing again

That's cognitive dissonance

(11-05-2023, 07:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 06:45 PM)carp8dm Wrote: So an aging RB that has injury history is worthy of a 2nd, 3rd, 4th in 2023.  And another 4th in 2024.  49ers basically just threw away their entire 2023 draft for a running back...

I never said [BLEEP] about the trade 

Stop putting words in my mouth dip [BLEEP]

When you're done with that, go get yourself an apple, and an orange, and then stare at them for about an hour straight

Then come back here and try to tell me they're the same thing again

That's cognitive dissonance

I actually prefer pineapples and avocados

(11-05-2023, 07:24 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 06:51 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: A conference finalist acquiring the final piece to give themselves a Super Bowl. Not remotely the same as a bad team using a 1 in the draft. But keep knocking down that scarecrow.

Ahhh, that's a nice spin!  Good one.  Keep that up.  You might get us to the Star Gate with that level of dissonance. 

So a conference finalist that has no legit QB, but had spent all their prior draft capital on a QB (are you familiar with a person called Trey Lance?), should then waste even more draft capital for a RB? Because RB is more important for them?  Because, reasons?  

And before you answer this question, remember that you also just replied to me in another thread about how in the "long term" things go sideways because of cap space...  Remember??  Remember how you said that?  

You have died on the hill that RBs are not valuable.  And that GM's should focus on other areas that are "more valuable".

Oh, but if you have wasted several years of draft capital, it's OK to waste more on a RB that can only help you for a year or so.  Because... Reasons?  Purdy is so great that they can waste 2 years of drafts for a RB?  LOL

I'm honestly trying to understand your logic.  But it makes no sense, my friend.  Just let it go.  ETN was the right pick.  We didn't even waste 1 draft, much less drafts for a great RB.  You're trying to fight off your bad take with other bad takes.  They are all bad because they are fundamentally flawed and make no sense if you think them through.

If you were capable of understanding my position you would remember that I've said the same thing for months instead of writing a tl;Dr trying to justify your bad strategy.Heck, I talked specifically about CMC and Shanny just a week ago. Try yo remember what you read next time.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(11-05-2023, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 07:24 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Ahhh, that's a nice spin!  Good one.  Keep that up.  You might get us to the Star Gate with that level of dissonance. 

If you were capable of understanding my position you would remember that I've said the same thing for months instead of writing a tl;Dr trying to justify your bad strategy.Heck, I talked specifically about CMC and Shanny just a week ago. Try yo remember what you read next time.

I'm sure it was a TL;DR.

What's more, if you can't even give a response about why CMC's 2 draft dump is better than the ETN pick at the end of the 1st round... I wonder if you even know what you're discussing.

But again, it's all good.  I'm not here to fight with you.  But I do want you to just take a break and think it through.  ETN good.  CMC.  Not so much.

Baalke.  Good.

49ers GM, not so much...

(11-05-2023, 07:53 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 07:42 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: If you were capable of understanding my position you would remember that I've said the same thing for months instead of writing a tl;Dr trying to justify your bad strategy.Heck, I talked specifically about CMC and Shanny just a week ago. Try yo remember what you read next time.

I'm sure it was a TL;DR.

What's more, if you can't even give a response about why CMC's 2 draft dump is better than the ETN pick at the end of the 1st round... I wonder if you even know what you're discussing.

But again, it's all good.  I'm not here to fight with you.  But I do want you to just take a break and think it through.  ETN good.  CMC.  Not so much.

Baalke.  Good.

49ers GM, not so much...

Lol, you're comparing the Jags of 2 years ago to a team that's been at the top of the NFC and in the Super Bowl the last 5 seasons. Teams that are good can take RBs where and how they want because they are built, bad teams shouldnt because the long term value they need isn't there. It's really not so complicated that you can't get it, but you sure are trying.

I say strength vs strength. Both teams likely sell out to stop the run and make the QBs beat them. If both defenses show up it will be uglier than the YINZERBOWL we had up in PITTSBURGH

(11-05-2023, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 07:53 PM)carp8dm Wrote: I'm sure it was a TL;DR.

Baalke.  Good.

49ers GM, not so much...

Lol, you're comparing the Jags of 2 years ago to a team that's been at the top of the NFC and in the Super Bowl the last 5 seasons. Teams that are good can take RBs where and how they want because they are built, bad teams shouldnt because the long term value they need isn't there. It's really not so complicated that you can't get it, but you sure are trying.

I'm comparing the Jags from 2021 to the rest of the league from that point forward.

You are doing something different...  Which is OK.  But it's not reality.  But again, it's OK. I disagree with you.  But you have your opinion.

We drafted Trevor Lawrence in 2021.  Your boys, the 49ers, gave up their entire draft for Trey Lance...  

You are pointing out your opinion about whatever happened prior to 2021, because you are trying to make your opinion look good.  But deep down, you know.  You know you're just twisting nonsense.  It's all good.  I'd like to have a beer with you, maybe a few shots of whiskey.  The 49ers haven't done [BLEEP].  The are the best trash of a trash conference.  Why you use the 49ers as the gold standard is telling.  It shows you don't really understand the NFL.  But it's all good.  You have your opinion.  And I'll respect it.

But come on.  Don't act like the 49ers GM decisions from 2021 to the present has been better than the Jaguar's GM decisions.  Why are you even trying to make that arguement???  It's beyond me.

Ohhhh, the 49ers are good in a trash conference.  So therefore the 49ers are better than us???  

I guess we'll see next Sunday.  I think our team is good.  I think we are good enough to compete with the best of the league.  And I think Baalke should be recognized as a good GM for what he's done with Doug Pederson.

(11-05-2023, 08:17 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you're comparing the Jags of 2 years ago to a team that's been at the top of the NFC and in the Super Bowl the last 5 seasons. Teams that are good can take RBs where and how they want because they are built, bad teams shouldnt because the long term value they need isn't there. It's really not so complicated that you can't get it, but you sure are trying.

I'm comparing the Jags from 2021 to the rest of the league from that point forward.

You are doing something different...  Which is OK.  But it's not reality.  But again, it's OK. I disagree with you.  But you have your opinion.

We drafted Trevor Lawrence in 2021.  Your boys, the 49ers, gave up their entire draft for Trey Lance...  

You are pointing out your opinion about whatever happened prior to 2021, because you are trying to make your opinion look good.  But deep down, you know.  You know you're just twisting nonsense.  It's all good.  I'd like to have a beer with you, maybe a few shots of whiskey.  The 49ers haven't done [BLEEP].  The are the best trash of a trash conference.  Why you use the 49ers as the gold standard is telling.  It shows you don't really understand the NFL.  But it's all good.  You have your opinion.  And I'll respect it.

But come on.  Don't act like the 49ers GM decisions from 2021 to the present has been better than the Jaguar's GM decisions.  Why are you even trying to make that arguement???  It's beyond me.

Ohhhh, the 49ers are good in a trash conference.  So therefore the 49ers are better than us???  

I guess we'll see next Sunday.  I think our team is good.  I think we are good enough to compete with the best of the league.  And I think Baalke should be recognized as a good GM for what he's done with Doug Pederson.

Deep down you know that you're intentionally ignoring the fact that the Jaguars and 49rs weren't in the same place.

(11-05-2023, 08:17 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 08:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, you're comparing the Jags of 2 years ago to a team that's been at the top of the NFC and in the Super Bowl the last 5 seasons. Teams that are good can take RBs where and how they want because they are built, bad teams shouldnt because the long term value they need isn't there. It's really not so complicated that you can't get it, but you sure are trying.

That’s a whole lot of words to make zero points.

Bravo!

Dude is different

Whoa, whoa, whoa there! Now I'm not here to defend the 49ers but you seem to fail to understand how important RB's are to Shanahan's system. He uses a healthy amount of run plays to open up the passing where they have Aiyuk and Samuel, 2 absolute speedsters to break the top of the D and then Kittle at TE. Yes they have struggled with QB injuries but the RB injuries are what killed their SB hopes the last few years.

McCaffrey is made for a Shanahan O with all the motion and screens and the fact he's scored a TD 16 games in a row kinda proves that. To think McCaffrey is some washed up bust is ridiculous.

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023, 06:05 AM by JaguarJosh2.)

Glad game week is back.. not excited about playing SF off their bye week and a 3 game losing skid. They will come in regrouped, but so will we. Would be nice to see a competitive NFC, but hope the Niners don't get back on track this week. Purdy has looked pretty mediocre lately and with the way our defense has been playing we will have a shot at least, it will be on the offense to take over the game. Should nice seeing a healthy looking injury report for a change. Hope Zay is back.

With a mini bye followed by a full bye, I can see the old doubts about the Jags starting to creep in. It’s game week. Time to climb back into the saddle and start winning games again.

(11-06-2023, 06:44 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: With a mini bye followed by a full bye, I can see the old doubts about the Jags starting to creep in. It’s game week. Time to climb back into the saddle and start winning games again.

We'll win by 14+ this Sunday.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-06-2023, 06:04 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Glad game week is back..  not excited about playing SF off their bye week and a 3 game losing skid.  They will come in regrouped,  but so will we.  Would be nice to see a competitive NFC,  but hope the Niners don't get back on track this week.  Purdy has looked pretty mediocre lately and with the way our defense has been playing we will have a shot at least,  it will be on the offense to take over the game.  Should nice seeing a healthy looking injury report for a change.  Hope Zay is back.

I think Purdy is suffering from a few things. First, he's lacking Deebo the last few weeks, getting him back makes that team better. Two, teams are getting the tape and putting it to use. He was a last day pick for a reason and teams are finding ways to exploit that. 3, concussions are no joke and he's probably playing through some fog still. Last, I think that elbow is still a problem. UCL can be fixed, but the timeline was accelerated and it's got to have a bit of a psychological effect as well. 

If the QB is stuggling then we can count on Kyle Shannahan to find ways around it, the defense needs to have a strong game if we're going to win. The flip side is that the offensive line has to keep Trevor upright like they did in Pittsburgh. San Fran know they have to keep it close and we can expect the dogs to be out for our guy.