Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ramsey trolling the Cowboys

IIRC Fred Taylor was a horrible interviewer until he figured out how to build a relationship with the media.

I'm thinking Vic shared this in his column.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just watched his locker room video from today. I don't blame the kid for avoiding interviews. Some questions are just plain stupid.

I loved his responses to the idiotic questions though. Like "Really? Did this jack off really just ask me that?"

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:IIRC Fred Taylor was a horrible interviewer until he figured out how to build a relationship with the media.

I'm thinking Vic shared this in his column.

Vic said he was super nervous. And gave short answers.

Lol is Ramsey calling out the Bucs on twitter. Dude is hilarious.

Quote:Lol is Ramsey calling out the Bucs on twitter. Dude is hilarious.

What did he say this time?

Quote:What did he say this time?

The Tampa Bay Bucs twitter posted a video of Vincent Jackson owning Jalen and he replied "show the whole play". Not sure what it means, but it was a really good route by Jackson.

I'm not gonna join twitter to copy and paste it, but Google his twitter and you'll see it.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:The Tampa Bay Bucs twitter posted a video of Vincent Jackson owning Jalen and he replied "show the whole play". Not sure what it means, but it was a really good route by Jackson.

I'm not gonna join twitter to copy and paste it, but Google his twitter and you'll see it.

Guess it was something with the angle and where they cut it off, either VJax didn't really gain any yardage or something. I'll post a link to it

IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Big stage, big market, popularity, the history behind the organization, etc...

^exactly. Many players want/wanted to go to Dallas. It's instant popularity. Heck, ESPN is basically "Dallas Cowboys' Sports Network".

No matter how successful the team is, the Star on the helmet basically makes the player an NFL celebrity/Household name if that player is halfway decent.

Randy Moss wanted to be a Cowboy (he stated he wanted to play for the "Star on the helmet". Dallas passed him up in the 1998 draft and picked Greg Ellis instead. That season (Moss' rookie year), Randy absolutely torched the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day in front of the whole nation in a "payback for not drafting him" situation. It was awesome! Moss basically cemented the Rookie of the Year award for himself during that game.

Heck, even freaking Lebron James has stated that if he wanted to play in the NFL at TE, he would want to be a Cowboy. Dallas is immensely popular, and on national television all the time. You can't blame players for wanting that.

On a small market team like Jax, players are rarely in national television prime time games, barely get any notice outside of the team's region, and don't get ESPN and NFLN to talk about you most of the day.

A player is stuck in anonymity unless the team starts winning or the player himself is just an absolute, number producing stud.

Who can blame a player for that?

When Jax starts winning, Ramsey (and the other defensive players) will start getting noticed much more.

Quote:Now you sound like Rashean27Mathis.

Good one.

Quote:^exactly. Many players want/wanted to go to Dallas. It's instant popularity. Heck, ESPN is basically "Dallas Cowboys' Sports Network".

No matter how successful the team is, the Star on the helmet basically makes the player an NFL celebrity/Household name if that player is halfway decent.

Randy Moss wanted to be a Cowboy (he stated he wanted to play for the "Star on the helmet". Dallas passed him up in the 1998 draft and picked Greg Ellis instead. That season (Moss' rookie year), Randy absolutely torched the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day in front of the whole nation in a "payback for not drafting him" situation. It was awesome! Moss basically cemented the Rookie of the Year award for himself during that game.

Heck, even freaking Lebron James has stated that if he wanted to play in the NFL at TE, he would want to be a Cowboy. Dallas is immensely popular, and on national television all the time. You can't blame players for wanting that.

On a small market team like Jax, players are rarely in national television prime time games, barely get any notice outside of the team's region, and don't get ESPN and NFLN to talk about you most of the day.

A player is stuck in anonymity unless the team starts winning or the player himself is just an absolute, number producing stud.

Who can blame a player for that?

When Jax starts winning, Ramsey (and the other defensive players) will start getting noticed much more.

I can see that. But is it not better yo create your own destiny rather than ride on the coat tails of others?

Playing football in the national football league is a privilege and these Youngs bucks need to know that.

Ramsey has the best fans in the NFL period!

We've been through some terrible years and we keep filling up the stadium.

He needs to play like a champion instead of worrying about an opposing team.

Quote:Playing football in the national football league is a privilege and these Youngs bucks need to know that.

Ramsey has the best fans in the NFL period!

We've been through some terrible years and we keep filling up the stadium.

He needs to play like a champion instead of worrying about an opposing team.
This. 

@jalenramsey show the whole play. Route over with at the line now https://t.co/TnKK8xeFp9
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

So um can he troll whoever he wants now?

Quote:So um can he troll whoever he wants now?

I'd say yes. He looked awesome
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I say no. Trolling is for trolls, not esteemed, superior athletes.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

How did he do? I saw him stuff the guy behind the LOS beginning of the game. Any other high or lowlights?

Quote:How did he do? I saw him stuff the guy behind the LOS beginning of the game. Any other high or lowlights?

The first team didn't play long but he had that tackle, a couple more run stops right around the LOS, and no passes completed against him
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:The first team didn't play long but he had that tackle, a couple more run stops right around the LOS, and no passes completed against him

I thought he looked good. He's a perfect fit in this scheme. And I could see him trash talking and being cocky as hell.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I thought he looked good. He's a perfect fit in this scheme. And I could see him trash talking and being cocky as hell.

He Def was and I liked that a lot. I was only concerned about a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct because those refs were throwing flags if you sneezed last night
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS