Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Love it or Hate it?
Love it
Hate it
[Show Results]

Jags workout Greg Hardy: Express no interest in signing now

I just hope this isn't a sign that one of our other pass rushers (i'm looking at you, Dante) is getting suspended.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lets just sign Ray Rice too and get the whole band together

I chuckled^

But seriously, no.

Quote:They produced at an exceptional level and helped carry those teams to super bowls.

I get that, I'm saying we can get there without someone who beats up women.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:agreed on the cancer part - but he did have 6 sacks and a pick in 12 games... which would've been enough to lead the Jaguars for example even after missing a quarter of the season.

I'm more concerned if we're looking at him because we know of an impending suspension.

We've been looking at him since March, so I wouldn't worry about any suspensions/injuries.

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2016, 09:50 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

Look I know our legal system is far from perfect.. But if there was enough concrete evidence he would be in a jail cell. Society has ridiculed a guy for something charges were dropped for. Quit acting like you know the full story when you damn well know you dont know [BAD WORD REMOVED]. Just like when Ray Rice punched out his girlfriend, little did people know she was slapping him in the face before getting on the elevator and jumping at him and shoving him. Im sorry but if you want equality and men and women are equal Ray Rice's wife got what was coming to her and I would argue it was deserved. If I get drunk and start shoving an mma fighter and slap him or her do you think I am getting put down easy? Hell no and i wouldn't expect to either. Sign the man, let him prove he is a better person now. 

Please no.
Shock the world

Quote:Hank Jonezzz just had an aneurysm...

Greg Hardy should be cut immediately.

Quote:Alright guys time to pump the brakes.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/21/jaguars-have-no-plans-to-sign-greg-hardy-now-but-could-later/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/21/jaguars-have-no-plans-to-sign-greg-hardy-now-but-could-later/</a>

More people need to read this
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:Let me ask you this was chris clemons a locker room cancer because he had his share of diva moments too? 

Clemons wore out his welcome with diminished play and bonehead penalties on 3rd downs. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Gus, Dave, and Khan will handle those problems. Lets just talk about football and how he is as a player.

Marks, Jackson and Miller will keep a handle on that.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I don't get caught up players personal life.

Can he play?

If so, sign him.

Quote:I get that, I'm saying we can get there without someone who beats up women.
Yeah outside of football, he's a scumbag and someone I would avoid.

This is about football and how he is as a PLAYER. If he can get us double digit sacks, then I'll have no problem with him signing.

Yeah hes good at football so what? Prioritzing wins over dignity and employing a woman beater isnt something any of us should encourage or want to root for, and with all the eyes on us right now it shouldnt be the message we send either.

Guy showed absolutely no remorse for his actions, didnt even have the awareness to pretend like he felt bad for media. Then went to the cowboys and started trouble there too. Hes not in any way worth it. [BLEEP] him

Quote:Also, the fact that the Cowboys have big DE issues right now and never even gave this guy a look should say something. Who knows, maybe he all of a sudden is motivated.

This is an important point.

The Cowboys thought the same way as some of you last season - that he had either paid for his mistakes or that he was so good, he was worth the risk.

But if he was truly worth having, don't you think he would still be on their roster?

I don't believe he is worth the risk and clearly 31 other teams think the same. I would be really disappointed if we brought him in.

Quote:Just saw on Twitter that we worked him out. I hate this. Hardy is a [BAD WORD REMOVED] and should never play in the league again.
agree the first thing I thought when I saw this was 'NOOOOOOOOO!'

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

caldwell pulling out all the stops to keep Gus from getting fired

Steer clear!!

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I like the approach they're taking. Provided Hardy is still anywhere near as good as he was back in 2013, he has the ability to instantly provide a pass rush. Now, the Jaguars should be able to get the job done on their own with Fowler, Ngakoue, Woodard, Holmes and Werner on their roster. But say it's like week five and these guys are doing squat, it might be prudent to bring in Hardy.

'02

(This post was last modified: 07-22-2016, 05:32 AM by Vicbow Rules.)

Sorry if this was posted, but if the Jags sign him they must feel they are really close and worth a risk.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

We should go out and make it a trio then. Let's bring in Ray Rice to kick the tires this pre-season at RB and let's go get Michael Vick at QB if he's still out there to challenge Henne for the back-up spot....

Look... I don't like this. It's not a good look for the team. Especially in a smaller market. He was a cancer in Carolina in the locker room. And he was apparently a cancer in Dallas last year too in their locker room. He's the LAST thing this young defense needs right now. Physically he's great. Physically he can punish his opposing lineman and make some noise in the passing and running game. But he makes just as much noise in the locker room and off the field. Not worth the risk in my opinion. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."