Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
More evidence in support of Caldwell

Quote:Actually, that makes zero sense.

Coming from you, not a surprise.

It makes zero sense to those who cant comprehend...

But thats not a surprise coming from you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:1. How is your theory any better when Belichick had losing records in 5 out of his first 6 seasons as a head coach with a more talented roster? How is your theory any better when ALL of the coaches you listed had histories of losing for the most part, and all had better rosters with which to work?

2. Saying the jury is still out on Bradley is entirely different from saying he's a bad coach. If your assertion is we still don't know whether Bradley is a good or bad coach, I can definitely agree with that because of the lack of talent with which he's been hamstrung. If it is your assertion he is a bad coach who failed miserably given an adequate NFL roster, I strongly disagree with that assertion.

Because im speaking on last year and last year only.. We both know Belicheck could have led the jags to more wins last year...

Quote:Because im speaking on last year and last year only.. We both know Belicheck could have led the jags to more wins last year...
So then the 3-13 and 4-12 records Bradley amassed had nothing at all to do with your analysis?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016, 01:14 PM by RicoTx.)

Quote:It makes zero sense to those who cant comprehend...

But thats not a surprise coming from you.

Then explain it...in your infinite wisdom.  How can something that never happened, and never will happen, be better than something that actually happened?

This should be good.  Duuurrrrrr.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Well.....

Didn't mean to somehow have this Caldwell thread de-railed into another Bradley argument.

It's the offseason.... get some air fellas.

An argument about Bradley as HC

Lmbbfjdo

Gus Bradley, the 50th best out of 32?

JDR would have won more with those rosters, and did

He's patchwork 9-7 to 12-4 rosters where hardly world class

Heck he had David Garrard to work with vs. All Universe as we do now...
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:An argument about Bradley as HC

Lmbbfjdo

Gus Bradley, the 50th best out of 32?

JDR would have won more with those rosters, and did

He's patchwork 9-7 to 12-4 rosters where hardly world class

Heck he had David Garrard to work with vs. All Universe as we do now...

We would have won the Super Bowl in 2000 if Tony LaRussa was coach.

Quote:Then explain it...in your infinite wisdom.  How can something that never happened, and never will happen, be better than something that actually happened?

This should be good.  Duuurrrrrr.
Letters to Penthouse?

Quote:Because im speaking on last year and last year only.. We both know Belicheck could have led the jags to more wins last year...

Because we know that head coaches, not players are what makes a winning team.   Rolleyes

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

How many more?

Enough to move us out of position to draft Ramsey?

Just wondering.

I really don't think the HC can coach rookies out of mistakes. Or coach up bad talent.

HCs are game managers, team managers.

Poor decisions rest on Gus. Poor play rests on players.

Quote:How many more?

Just wondering.

I really don't think the HC can coach rookies out of mistakes. Or coach up bad talent.

Keep preaching my man.

Quote:Then explain it...in your infinite wisdom. How can something that never happened, and never will happen, be better than something that actually happened?

This should be good. Duuurrrrrr.

To understand my theory you have to first believe in it. If im saying theoretically speaking that Belicheck would have done better with this team last year.. That means i believe he would have at the very least took the team 8-8.. That is a far better mark then the 5-11 that Gus went.. So theoretically speaking thats better!!

Quote:How many more?

Just wondering.

Yeah i agree but experience keeps you from making those mistakes.. And Belicheck im sure could have eliminated a lot of the costly errors that the jags had, whether it was play-calling or situational.. And im not a Belicheck fan .. I dislike him and the Pats.. I just feel we could have been better..

And would u rather go to the playoffs or pick in the top 5 every year?

Quote:To understand my theory you have to first believe in it. If im saying theoretically speaking that Belicheck would have done better with this team last year.. That means i believe he would have at the very least took the team 8-8.. That is a far better mark then the 5-11 that Gus went.. So theoretically speaking thats better!!

Theoretically speaking, the players would have produced the same results no matter who the Head Coach was last season.  After all, it's all about the players on the field, not the Head Coach.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2016, 05:34 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:Theoretically speaking, the players would have produced the same results no matter who the Head Coach was last season. After all, it's all about the players on the field, not the Head Coach.
If that was true then the Lakers would have still been good after Phil Jackson left... A good coach makes a difference.. The jags were good when we had Tom Coughlin.. He is a pretty good coach who made a difference...

Coaches coach the players that make the plays.. If they are not coach good then u not gonna see a lot of great plays?

Hell when was the last time u seen a pick 6 for the jags?? Or a fumble return for a td.. Gus was suppose to be the defensive guru.. But where has the defense been?? Ijs.... And dont give me the talent excuse...

Quote:Hell when was the last time u seen a pick 6 for the jags?? Or a fumble return for a td.. Gus was suppose to be the defensive guru.. But where has the defense been?? Ijs.... And dont give me the talent excuse...

We had a pick 6 and a fumble return for a td last year lol. And again no coach would've made our defense significantly better. Our defense had almost no healthy talent.

Quote:If that was true then the Lakers would have still been good after Phil Jackson left... A good coach makes a difference.. The jags were good when we had Tom Coughlin.. He is a pretty good coach who made a difference...

Coaches coach the players that make the plays.. If they are not coach good then u not gonna see a lot of great plays?

Hell when was the last time u seen a pick 6 for the jags?? Or a fumble return for a td.. Gus was suppose to be the defensive guru.. But where has the defense been?? Ijs.... And dont give me the talent excuse...

2 defensive TDs in one game last year.

Aaron Colvin against the Giants.

Dwayne Gratz against the Texans.

Andre Branch against the Colts.

Paul Poz against Denver.

Thats off the top of my head and by all means, that's not a lot at all, but, honestly, the talent level up front has been towards the bottom of the league since Gus took over. The guys up front make everything happen defensively. I totally expect more turnovers this year.
Shock the world

Quote:If that was true then the Lakers would have still been good after Phil Jackson left... A good coach makes a difference.. The jags were good when we had Tom Coughlin.. He is a pretty good coach who made a difference...

First of all, comparing the NFL to the NBA is not exactly apples to apples.

Were the Jaguars good during the Tom Coughlin era because of Tom Coughlin?

Quote:To understand my theory you have to first believe in it. If im saying theoretically speaking that Belicheck would have done better with this team last year.. That means i believe he would have at the very least took the team 8-8.. That is a far better mark then the 5-11 that Gus went.. So theoretically speaking thats better!!

So in other words I can insert any name and as long as I believe it, then it's right.

Wow.

Quote:You're wasting your time with that one.  Mr. "conversate" just doesn't get it and never will....

Quote:Do you not agree that "Gruden could have one more games last year"?

Quote:Well my theory is still better then your fact!

Quote:To understand my theory you have to first believe in it.

[Image: michael-jordan-laughing.gif?w=560]