Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags linked to Vernon and Jackson

Quote:Older article from PFF, but is a good breakdown of where Malik Jackson did his most damage. Also notes that Denver used him quiet a bit in sub-packages (especially when 6 or more DBs were on the field) and on 3rd downs. This definitely would fit into the narrative that the staff was pleased with our D on 1st and 2nd down but desperately need to find players to help on 3rd downs. I am assuming Jackson would start at the 3T here and then move to the 5T on 3rd, which would allow Marks to come on and play the 3T.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...k-jackson/
They'd be moving people all over the place it sounds like. Interesting and probably the plan from the beginning, but they didn't have the horses to do it. This could end up being a pretty good D one of these days. Get em Dave.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So if we get Jackson I would assume no Vernon so that being said who is a cheaper DE option out there? Ayers? Hayes?

Quote:So if we get Jackson I would assume no Vernon so that being said who is a cheaper DE option out there? Ayers? Hayes?

Why would you assume Dave still wanted go after Vernon? If both make it to free agency then it would not surprise me if Dave was super aggressive in trying to bring them both in.

Quote:So if we get Jackson I would assume no Vernon so that being said who is a cheaper DE option out there? Ayers? Hayes?
Do you know how much money we have?

I hope Caldwell throws a blank checkbook at Olivier Vernon  - but I'm starting to think the phins tag him and let Miller get paid elsewhere. 

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2016, 02:00 PM by The Real Marty.)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post/...oundup-206

"As for Jackson, Klis notes the Jacksonville Jaguars -- who have around half of their cap available to spend -- "covet" the D-lineman and that Jackson seems less likely to take a hometown discount. All told, Klis pegs Denver's chances of keeping Jackson at "49 percent.""

Quote:I hope Caldwell throws a blank checkbook at Olivier Vernon  - but I'm starting to think the phins tag him and let Miller get paid elsewhere. 

Miami currently has $8M or so in cap space, the only way they'll be able to tag Vernon is if they're successful in restructuring Suh's contract. If Olivier makes it to FA I think it's almost a certainty he'll be in a Jags uniform, considering his familiarity with the State, no income taxes, and the Jags ridiculous/historic amount of cap space.

BCC is reporting that the Jags rolled over something like 32 million in cap space, giving them something like 70 million to spend, BEFORE veteran cuts.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:BCC is reporting that the Jags rolled over something like 32 million in cap space, giving them something like 70 million to spend, BEFORE veteran cuts.

https://www.nflpa.com/news/all-news/2016...-announced

Yep. Almost 33 million in carryover money. Far and away the largest figure in the league. 

Dave: We're not going to set the market.......HAHAHA -SUUUURREEE

Quote:Dave: We're not going to set the market.......HAHAHA -SUUUURREEE

Insert Dave's picture here...

[Image: 8a666f5741b6012ece40de4328e76b4f7b15aa38...b9da7d.jpg]

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Insert Dave's picture here...

[Image: 8a666f5741b6012ece40de4328e76b4f7b15aa38...b9da7d.jpg]
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?! 

<div>J.P. Shadrick‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@jpshadrick</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">Caldwell on cap space: "Fun is that you have it, challenge is finding (right) players to spend it on." #jaguars <span style="color:rgb(102,181,210);">#nflcomb</span>

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;">----------------------------------------

<div> 
I bet he'll find a few :yes:
</div>

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:Report: 'Fins may franchise then trade Vernon

Olivier Vernon | MIA

(February 25, 2016 1:41 PM EST)

"Multiple league sources" tell NJ.com the Dolphins could franchise tag free agent DE Olivier Vernon with an eye toward trading him.

Any deal would almost certainly be contingent on Vernon agreeing to a long-term contract with the acquiring team. The Dolphins have seemed sluggish in talks with Vernon. Ace reporter Armando Salguero recently said he "(wasn't) sure" if the Fins wanted to keep their 25-year-old pass rusher, but ultimately guessed they would. The one things the Dolphins can't do is let Vernon walk for nothing.

SOURCE: NJ.COM

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Do they even have enough room to Franchise him? I didn't think they did....

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Quote:Do they even have enough room to Franchise him? I didn't think they did....

GO JAGS!!

There was some speculation that they could move on from Wake and/or Jordan Cameron along with restructuring Suh to get some salary cap relief.

Doesn't make sense for them to let Wake walk to free up space to franchise Vernon and then trade Vernon.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

The Fins franchising Vernon with the intent to trade him is the only scenario I see where we don't pursue him.

Quote:Doesn't make sense for them to let Wake walk to free up space to franchise Vernon and then trade Vernon.

Wake is 34 and coming off of an achilles injury. They could cut him just to cut him and look in a different direction at DE.

If they do find a way to franchise him, I don't see us willing to trade (what would be needed) to get him. Also, I think we'd be more likely to go DE in the 1st Rd.

GO JAGS!!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!