Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Newton could use a little more modesty and dignity

Quote:Bigger roll than u are... Batchbunnie
Enjoy that suspension, Mr. Nawrocki. Your draft guide sucks donkey junk, btdubs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cam Newton has matured greatly since his early time in the NFL.   It's great to see Newton give back to others the way he does with children after he scores a TD.    Newton's teammates have followed his lead in that regard.    He truly enjoys playing QB in the NFL and it shows in his play.   Cam Newton clearly is the NFL MVP in the 2015 NFL Season!   

Best Gators QB at NFL level in a long time.

Quote:Not everyone thinks as much of you... as you do.. Cammers..

maybe I'm wrong, I could be... but just from my own GUT feelings + his past and current behavior and antics, P.R stunts...etc..

Enough of the self celebratory crap my man..it aint WWE.

Take some lessons from Peyton, Breeze, Brady, Flaco, Wilson.

I just feel this way. :yes:
Did you see his post game interview with Chris Myers?

He specifically refused to take credit for the win.

But if he IS immodest...so what??!?

He was the one that had to put up with the savaging of his reputation by Nolan Nawrocki.

He got trashed for saying he wanted not only to be a great player, but an icon.

If ANYONE has earned a victory lap, he has.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Yes, im not saying that winning shouldnt be celebrated... I just think this guy is fake, contrived, snake oil.

Good on Luke K and the rest of the team, I just find newton.... umm... Unseemly.

Nothing to do with Rivera....or getting the ost out of a player.. its just how newton is.
Nolan Nawrocki, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote:yeah.. well... he's worth 100Mil. +

Pretty easy to give when u have so much... to repair ur image...

you have had teh wool pulled over ur eyes by his VERY expensive PR team.

How proud your Mother must be of you.
What do you do for charities?

Quote:Best Gators QB at NFL level in a long time.
He got just about all of his playing time at and finished from Auburn.

Quote:Not a Cam fan at all but the dude is playing a game and having fun, he is not going in anybodies face and showing up the other team, if they dont like it then stop him

Pretty much this. I'm not always a fan of his behaviour (celebrations of 1st down etc...), but it's up to the opponent to stop and beat him. Nobody except Atlanta has really done that this season. Hopefully the Broncos defense can do. I'm not against Cam or Carolina, I just hope Peyton can get his second ring and then retire. Cam will have more opportunities in the future.

Quote:Cam Newton has matured greatly since his early time in the NFL.   It's great to see Newton give back to others the way he does with children after he scores a TD.    Newton's teammates have followed his lead in that regard.    He truly enjoys playing QB in the NFL and it shows in his play.   Cam Newton clearly is the NFL MVP in the 2015 NFL Season!   

Absolutely no doubt about that.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 07:29 AM by leopold332002.)

maybe, just maybe, you might be racist

[Image: giphy.gif]

You have demonstrated less "modesty and dignity" in this thread then all of Cams antics combined since he was drafted.

Let that sink in for a moment.

I'm glad that sanity, reason, and common sense prevailed in this thread.

Lol did you want him to give all 100 mil to charity?

I love when people try to knock athletes when they give money to charities because they are better off financially than average people. Cam has prob poured in mass amounts of money into charities, and instead of saying " hey, what a nice thing to do", people say " yea but he's rich". Let's just completely forget that he just helped people in need.

Like seriously, how much more money does he need to spend ?

Quote:Not everyone thinks as much of you... as you do.. Cammers..

maybe I'm wrong, I could be... but just from my own GUT feelings + his past and current behavior and antics, P.R stunts...etc..

Enough of the self celebratory crap my man..it aint WWE.

Take some lessons from Peyton, Breeze, Brady, Flaco, Wilson.

I just feel this way. :yes:

You should hold those who curse out their teammates ie Brady and Manning accountable as well.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Clearly, the air up in that ivory tower the OP resides in is pretty thin.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I'm gonna give the OP a benefit of a doubt right now and say he's extremely hungover today.. Or I can be completely wrong and he's sober and just an idiot..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'm glad that sanity, reason, and common sense prevailed in this thread.

Which is a rarity in these parts.

Like I said, I may not appreciate some of his field behavior but it's a game and it's not as if he's playing dirty, constantly berating his opponent etc.

The other factor is perspective. I have an old school view of things. The "finish the play", hand the ball to ref, etc but others like the celebrations, the Superman gesture. More power to them. I'm not going to hate the guy for it. You have to respect the play he's had this year.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 10:48 AM by Etdavis2006.)

It's amazes me that people still find an issue with this guy. When he got drafted I wasn't a fan because I didn't think he would evolve into a pocket qb and wasn't mature enough. Well check one and check two. I love the guy now. He gives, he plays hard, he motivates, inspires and has fun doing it all.

This real issue is that he is confident in his skills and has no problem backing up his words. He's earned his place in the NFL and no one can take that from him. Folks are mad out here and it is beyond laughable. To bad they don't make bandaids for hurt feelings. Watch out lil bih *dabs and get back to work*

To be honest, the NFL needed a Cam Newton. This whole No Fun League mentality was getting out of control and was beginning to change the game for the worse..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:same.

Speaks to arrogance, vanity..self serving'ness.

for ME.

Sorry if I root for the REAL.. good guys... not those that DROWN themselves.. in themselves.

Is there really such a lack of character left?
He should act more mature and grown up like calling someone BBINT for instance. Good form like that? You sure have high standards on that high horse of yours. How is he "not a good guy" because he's having a great time and celebrating? This is ridiculous. 

Quote:I'm glad that sanity, reason, and common sense prevailed in this thread.

Congratulations by the way. Best of luck against 5 head