Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags interview Jim Schwartz

Quote:This. Just fat fingered the keyboard.

The Tennessee game was a microcosm of the bigger issue. How in God's name do you lose a game when you score 39 points? By allowing the opposing QB to run for a 90yd TD, that's how!

But, we all know that #becausejaguars, if our defense takes a step forward, our offense will take a step back to even it up.

It's just how it is.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This. Just fat fingered the keyboard.

The Tennessee game was a microcosm of the bigger issue. How in God's name do you lose a game when you score 39 points? By allowing the opposing QB to run for a 90yd TD, that's how!

Had a feeling that's what you meant. I do agree there.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Where are all the guys who said we had no chance of this happening because Gus would never interview someone who could replace him mid season?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 11:37 AM by SeldomRite.)

Quote:Had a feeling that's what you meant. I do agree there.

Don't forget about one of the worst snaps I've ever seen for a defensive TD, too. Like was said before, the breakdowns that allowed the titans to win even though Bortles threw 5 TDs really captured what was wrong with the season. The Jaguars constantly failed at successfully executing the basics, things that well coached teams never get wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015120604/2015/REG13/jaguars@titans#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000595142&tab=analyze&analyze=boxscore

He would bring immediate swag to our defense

Quote:Where are all the guys who said we had no chance of this happening because Gus would never interview someone who could replace him mid season?

Has he been hired?

Quote:Gotta be weird situation when 2 better guys are working for a moron.

Then again, I guess it's not that weird. It exists in every aspect of corporate America.

Lol, yup.

Quote:Where are all the guys who said we had no chance of this happening because Gus would never interview someone who could replace him mid season?

When was the presser that we hired him? Did i miss it?

I wonder would he fit in with Gus's style.Obviously Gus is a bit different when the cameras are away but Schwartz strikes me as an old school take no [BLEEP] coach compared to Gus's positive up beat style.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 11:51 AM by knarnn.)

To paraphrase:

"Gus would never consider hiring someone like Schwartz because he could potentially replace him mid season"

What's even more hilarious about this statement is that Schwartz was a below average head coach during his tenure with Detroit and he had Pro Bowl talent on his roster. He's a good defensive coach but the Peter principle is applicable to him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:To paraphrase:

"Gus would never consider hiring someone like Schwartz because he could potentially replace him mid season"

What's even more hilarious about this statement is that Schwartz was a below average head coach during his tenure with Detroit and he had Pro Bowl talent on his roster. He's a good defensive coach but the Peter principle is applicable to him.
I didn't think Gus would consider hiring someone like Schwartz because in doing so, he'd more than likely be handing the keys of the defense completely over to his DC.  The fact that Gus might be willing to do so speaks volumes.  I don't think his concern in hiring Schwartz or any other coach is driven by who might replace him.  I think he's hiring with the mindset that he needs to get it right to save his own job.

BTW, the Peter principle might be relevant for Gus as well.  We'll see.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I didn't think Gus would consider hiring someone like Schwartz because in doing so, he'd more than likely be handing the keys of the defense completely over to his DC. The fact that Gus might be willing to do so speaks volumes. I don't think his concern in hiring Schwartz or any other coach is driven by who might replace him. I think he's hiring with the mindset that he needs to get it right to save his own job.

I believe Gus is exploring all angles to get his defense fixed. He's looked at two candidates that would require him to be more hands on and potentially call the plays and now he's looking at an experienced candidate that wouldn't require as much hands on from Gus but happens to share similar concepts such as the wide-9 alignment.

I know all the focus and hype was on Gus calling the plays this season but from my interpretation I don't believe Gus really wants to have that responsibility if he doesn't have to.

Quote:Bradley said there are multiple scenarios for filling the position, adding that while there is a "strong possibility" the new coordinator could be the game-day play-caller he has not ruled out calling the plays himself.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/HC-Gus-Bradley-on-Babich-%E2%80%9CWe-just-didn%E2%80%99t-reach-expectations%E2%80%9D/f020b1f2-c637-4351-abdd-c236acf1bce9'>http://m.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/HC-Gus-Bradley-on-Babich-“We-just-didn’t-reach-expectations”/f020b1f2-c637-4351-abdd-c236acf1bce9</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2016, 12:21 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:I didn't think Gus would consider hiring someone like Schwartz because in doing so, he'd more than likely be handing the keys of the defense completely over to his DC.  The fact that Gus might be willing to do so speaks volumes.  I don't think his concern in hiring Schwartz or any other coach is driven by who might replace him.  I think he's hiring with the mindset that he needs to get it right to save his own job.
i agree, i felt this way about the morone hire last year and thought that worked out pretty well for us considering the fact one of our best was injured most of the year(linder). chances are, if the D improves, we will add quite a few more W's to our record and gus will retain his job and schwartz will go the way of morone and be out interviewing for HC positions next year, especially if this D makes a vast improvement which shouldn't be too difficult considering the guys returning from injury and additions we make from draft and FA. not to mention the shier fact we were garbage this year so anything you do should yield improvement. If you are Defensive guy, the jaguars have to look pretty enticing because improvement is almost inevitable.

Quote:To paraphrase:

If this is really how anyone in FO or coaching staff thought i would hope they would be fired on the spot. if this was the case, we may as well have hired mularky and rob ryan.

i was one who considered the morone hire in this way and was crucified on the board when i called him a possible "contingency" for another 0-8 start from gus. but i also believed at the time DC was more incharge of this hire which he apparently was not. gus may be over zealous which rubs people the wrong way if we are in the midst of a losing season, but i've never had a doubt his loyalty and dedication to making this team better has always been there whether i agreed with his decisions or not. 

Quote:He would bring immediate swag to our defense
I have a really good feeling about our team for net year....

I believe in and trust in the people running our team.

Theyre gonna get it right

There are former head coaches all over the NFL in various assistant or coordinator positions. 

The coaches that hired them (Bradley included) hired them to improve their staff and ultimately their team.  

All of this speculation on Marrone or Schwartz or whoever being brought in with any ulterior motive beyond that is silly. 

YES YES YES hire him Gus

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Looks like it's between us and Philly. I would think we're a better scheme fit, not to mention our cap space and getting pretty much the entire draft for defense.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Another log for the dumpster fire.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

What's gonna be funny is when we don't hire him, everyone will dislike every other hire that comes through. But I'm rooting for this guy as well.